TJ09

2023-04-30 - April Dragon Release

3 hours ago, D-wing said:

Wait, both moon are in the umbra now, so the visual calendar update instantly?? or it update more than one times in a day 🤔

TJ mentioned over in the Discord that the moons constantly move, so while it is hard to notice because it is slow, they are moving on the diagram.

Sometime shortly after I mentioned collecting my Sonata eggs on here, I noticed that they got a few views. Not enough that would harm them yet, but just enough that it made me a little anxious, so I fogged them all just to be on the safe side.

Managed to get my 3 CB silver goal! Now I just need 2 more blues and I’ll have a set of all the colors.

Hope everyone manages to catch what they want/need!

was finally able to grab some silvers! \o/

I'd recommend keeping eggs fogged for at least a day. maybe that's just me being paranoid, but...

Yeah my strategy for raising my dragons is to wait until at least 1 day before adding them onto clicksites to lower the chances of the eggs getting sick. It's been working for me for years so I am sticking to that mindset! ❤️

I saw at least three sonatas passing by, two in volcano, one in alpine. All gold :( 

my advice is to not announce your catches here unless you want to get viewbombed. i also got the problem of non-sonata eggs AND HATCHLINGS being viewbombed and i actually felt like i needed to ward all my eggs. which i havent done in a long time. so, cheer silently for now. even when my scroll was hidden i unfogged an egg to see if it would still get views and unique views — again, NONE of my eggs are in hatcheries, my scroll is private, and my username is hidden. this is definitely a big effort over eggs you can purchase in the market for 100 shards *eye roll*

Are we getting more Blue or Silver eggs than earlier by any chance?

Feels like there are more blue eggs in Trading page than before.

1 hour ago, Animals65 said:

Yeah my strategy for raising my dragons is to wait until at least 1 day before adding them onto clicksites to lower the chances of the eggs getting sick. It's been working for me for years so I am sticking to that mindset! ❤️

Good plan. I like Silvi's lair after a few hours have gone by, because it does not allow you to vary the view rate so it is a relatively leisurely way to get your eggs hatched and grown. 

I am also hoping the frequency of the silver egg drops increases tomorrow so that everyone can get all of them that they want. These release dragons are all very beautiful!

8 hours ago, missy_ said:

They were definitely 1,200 shards. I'm curious if anyone recalls the first day they were available. Also would love to hear when you all first bought yours. :) My first two, which were bought from the Market and influenced as a breeding pair, were bought on July 13, 2020. I have one more caught in the Desert on August 12, 2020 (I doubt I caught it,  as I'm not a very good hunter, but maybe I got lucky?) and then none until I was lucky enough to trade for one three years later :blink: on April 8, 2023. 

I remember getting mine (https://dragcave.net/lineage/yXQ1b this baby) from the market, I think it was 1200 shards.  

2 hours ago, 196roman said:

my advice is to not announce your catches here unless you want to get viewbombed. i also got the problem of non-sonata eggs AND HATCHLINGS being viewbombed and i actually felt like i needed to ward all my eggs. which i havent done in a long time. so, cheer silently for now. even when my scroll was hidden i unfogged an egg to see if it would still get views and unique views — again, NONE of my eggs are in hatcheries, my scroll is private, and my username is hidden. this is definitely a big effort over eggs you can purchase in the market for 100 shards *eye roll*

I'd suggest hiding anything you don't want to risk even if you're not announcing catches--I discovered mine in hatch sites even when I hadn't been saying I'd caught a Sonata or anything.  Some people are just being rude and stalking the thread, I think.

(Some views will just be people checking your scroll out of curiosity.  Others are definitely malicious)

I always fog for 24 hours, but that's just me. No matter what the egg is. (And I did snag sonatas today.)

10 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Direct from the Market thread on July 2, 2020:

Xenowyrm (Aquilo)    100
Xenowyrm (Aso)        100
Xenowyrm (Astrapi)    500
Xenowyrm (Chrono)    500
Xenowyrm (Gaia)        500
Xenowyrm (Ke'maro)    100
Xenowyrm (Mageia)    500
Xenowyrm (Obidar)    100
Xenowyrm (Pharos)    100
Xenowyrm (Pyro)        500
Xenowyrm (Staterae)    1,200
Xenowyrm (Thalassa)    500
Xenowyrm (Umbra)    100

And July 23--they hadn't started to rise yet:

Xenowyrm (Staterae)

And then October 25, months later--they still only rose by 100

staterae xenowyrm +100 shards (1200 -> 1300)

Since folks keep wondering, I thought I'd repost this from earlier today. :) 

welp, I was getting tons of Silver all day long, plus a few blue and now I've suddenly picked up a gold again. Hope we're not switching back to "gold only" already!

14 minutes ago, Arwen17 said:

welp, I was getting tons of Silver all day long, plus a few blue and now I've suddenly picked up a gold again. Hope we're not switching back to "gold only" already!

Considering that the eclipse hasn't even properly happened yet, I completely doubt that's what's happening.  I don't believe the golds ever stopped dropping yet, just that the other two are becoming more common for the moment.  If you've been hunting a ton of Sonata eggs you were bound to get at least one gold in there eventually.

So, I might be late to the party, but.... Screenshot_20230510_010048_Chrome.jpg

That's a silver egg? Or am I mistaken?

10 minutes ago, Syiren said:

That's a silver egg? Or am I mistaken?

That's definitely a silver, congrats!! :D

Regarding the viewbombing issue: I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this/have thought of this, but just in case anyone out there is really struggling - another good tip is to just fog all your valuables until they're ER time, then pop them in hatcheries and keep an eye on them while they hatch. Re-fog if you know you won't be able to check on them for a while, like if you're going to sleep, and re-add when you're back. Bit of a hassle, but it's about as safe as it gets, at least. :)

(If someone else said this already, sorry for repeating, I'm keeping up with the thread, but may well have overlooked something)

Bred a gold and blue and got a silver Sonata.

Also caught a silver Sonata in the forest biome.

Woohoo!

Yep, I got my silvers from the market this time yesterday and posted a warning to players with poorer eyesight (mine's rubbish!) to be careful when buying because there's not a great deal of difference in colour between the blue and silver eggs.

10 hours ago, Awdz Bodkins said:

Good plan. I like Silvi's lair after a few hours have gone by, because it does not allow you to vary the view rate so it is a relatively leisurely way to get your eggs hatched and grown. 

I am also hoping the frequency of the silver egg drops increases tomorrow so that everyone can get all of them that they want. These release dragons are all very beautiful!

Silvi’s is my favourite hatchery because it will limit views for a young egg, making it a lot safer than others.
That being said, I make an exception for new releases, as people might go looking for eggs on hatcheries to unlock the egg in the market/encyclopaedia. If they also share the links they find with friends, then the views can add up to kill the egg.

But yeah, for eggs outside of a NR I upload them to silvi’s on 7d, so I won’t forget to upload them at a later stage.

Edited by inghelene

I bought one silver egg yesterday and drop it today 🤣, caught another one silver normal egg not from the market ! Thanks god I bought only one but still feel stupid