TJ09

2023-03-19 - March Dragon Release

1 hour ago, MoonlitEevee said:

I'll be slightly upset if the incubation to turn the hybrid red is a permenant thing because the aqua color on them is nice but I'll eventually get over it. I can only hope it isn't permanent. 

Anyway, congrats to the artists and really can't wait to see what releases this year

I'm sorry, I think it will be permanent, that is how you acquire a red one. All eggs are blue to begin with. Fortunately it's a hybrid, so you can try again in time.

These little dragons are TOO cute! fdjskalgfjsdl;agdaf 💜

Grats to the artists and concept-designers! 

Nooo!  Only had one CB Tercorn.  Hoping it finds a kind (temporary) home when it reaches the AP.  

Totally forgot I already had 2 eggs apart from the 6 new ones collected #facepalm!

Edited by purpledragonclaw
Removed egg code since egg is no longer poster's.

27 minutes ago, ealbiest said:

I'm sorry, I think it will be permanent, that is how you acquire a red one. All eggs are blue to begin with. Fortunately it's a hybrid, so you can try again in time.

Just read Mewtie's post and noticed they said that it's not intended behavior. Don't know why it took me a while to process it lol so hopefully TJ fixes it

From the hybrid hatchie description:

Any change in routine causes it great displeasure.

I feel you baby, I feel you

Looking forward to seeing the grown-ups!

I grabbed 8 of the new release quickly hours ago.  Been out for a few hours and now I've dumped 4 in the AP and luckily got four hybrids straight away.  Happy camper now!

26 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

Just read Mewtie's post and noticed they said that it's not intended behavior. Don't know why it took me a while to process it lol so hopefully TJ fixes it

I mean ... considering the Xols' mechanics, I think it's quite clear the red ones will remain red. Mewtie said retaining the red color after trading or abandoning is not intended, but unless you trade it away, your red ones are most likely going to remain red. It's how the Xols work, remember? So be careful when incubating, don't wanna be left without any of your favorite color! :)

Anyway, the babies are sooo cute ... The presumed-algae dragon has such an adorable little shape ;w; ❤️

Yay for new dragons! :)

Thanks, TJ, Mewtie, and Dohaerys!

I got my four algae very easily and had a lone pair available for the hybrid. Looking forward to the adults.

23 minutes ago, seventeendeer said:

I mean ... considering the Xols' mechanics, I think it's quite clear the red ones will remain red. Mewtie said retaining the red color after trading or abandoning is not intended, but unless you trade it away, your red ones are most likely going to remain red. It's how the Xols work, remember? So be careful when incubating, don't wanna be left without any of your favorite color! :)

Anyway, the babies are sooo cute ... The presumed-algae dragon has such an adorable little shape ;w; ❤️

I did do a bounce expecting the egg to go back to blue. A mild inconvenience if I have to wait until next week for a blue sibling

Oh wow, I did not expect a new release today! I'm glad that thanks to all the Ides of March Brutes from the AP for once I'm not almost egglocked. Also, I'm happy that I got a CB Xol and Tercorn recently :D Really like those hybrid babies, those jungle ones are very cute as well.

Thanks to TJ, Mewtie, and Dohaerys for these new dragons. The hatchies are so cute! Love the chubby little algae eaters and the hybrids are cute, too. I must remember to breed some of them later, but right now I am concentrating on the ones from the cave. They were quite easy to get this morning. I have seven and am waiting for one older egg to hatch so I can grab one more.

How long do we have to get them before they go into regular rotation and become harder to catch? I don’t want to abandon what I caught in order to catch the new release so I’d like to know how long we get to catch them before they become scarce.

51 minutes ago, MoonlitEevee said:

I did do a bounce expecting the egg to go back to blue. A mild inconvenience if I have to wait until next week for a blue sibling

Oh, I see! Yeah, that's a bummer. I wonder how those will act after the issue is fixed ... Hoping for your sake it will go back to blue so you can get the one you wanted! ^^

I'm really curious to see the hybrid babies as adults. The blue Xols are my favorites, but it looks like the hybrids have different hues of blue and red compared to the Xols. It looks like the blue one might even have some red/orange/brown on it? They might make for a pretty checker paired with each other 😮

34 minutes ago, Catincanada2 said:

How long do we have to get them before they go into regular rotation and become harder to catch? I don’t want to abandon what I caught in order to catch the new release so I’d like to know how long we get to catch them before they become scarce.

if I remember right floods last on average 16 hours, so we should be coming up on the tail end of it. but they should still be fairly easy to find for a few weeks, unless it turns out to be some kind of super rare (unlikely)

NEW EGGS NEW EGGS NEW EGGS!!!

All my Tercorns have mates already... Darn

Gonna have to trade for them eventually.

But new Hybrids mean I have mates for Mr. and Mrs. Fish.

2 hours ago, seventeendeer said:

I mean ... considering the Xols' mechanics, I think it's quite clear the red ones will remain red. Mewtie said retaining the red color after trading or abandoning is not intended, but unless you trade it away, your red ones are most likely going to remain red.

This is what happened to me too - I traded it to get it back to blue - and I did that again again after Mewtie said it wasn't intended - still red. It's not that I hted red, but I was planning a checker.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I just tried abandoning an incubated hybrid, and it turned back to blue. It looks like the behavior may have been updated to match Xols now. You might try re-incubating and bouncing again and see?

The one I abandoned this morning stayed red, but one I just abandoned went back to blue:

Spoiler

stayedred.thumb.png.5626d26c94c7f3342f524811d6d5d172.png

turnedblue.thumb.png.e05c516698642ae701353a557be88ecc.png

Edited by Stromboli

Oh damn - so they aren't being retroactively fixed ? My accident is still red.

I like how pudgy the little algae hatchies are. The colors on the hybrids are neat. They remind me of koi. 

1 hour ago, Arcy said:

if I remember right floods last on average 16 hours, so we should be coming up on the tail end of it. but they should still be fairly easy to find for a few weeks, unless it turns out to be some kind of super rare (unlikely)

And the flood is over. Old eggs are back in all biomes, including the jungle.

37 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

I just tried abandoning an incubated hybrid, and it turned back to blue. It looks like the behavior may have been updated to match Xols now. You might try re-incubating and bouncing again and see?

The one I abandoned this morning stayed red, but one I just abandoned went back to blue:

Reveal hidden contents

stayedred.thumb.png.5626d26c94c7f3342f524811d6d5d172.png

turnedblue.thumb.png.e05c516698642ae701353a557be88ecc.png

Thanks for the thought - just tried - it's still red :( 

I think my favourite thing about them are the hind legs of the gendered hybrid hatchies. So cute! But they're both lovely from top to toe, really.

I got so lucky with this release. I had a feeling we might get one this weekend, but I actually had cleared out my scroll in order to Earthquake one Cantor egg without risking anything else. My Cantor egg was "unaffected," so I had to wait 5 hours for it to hatch, but I was able to grab 7 of the new eggs with no problem, and they were still flooding when my egg hatched, so the 8th was just as easy. I'll work on breeding my hybrids later (they're so cute!), but I always want to get my CB requirements out of the way ASAP.

As always, now I'm just impatient to see the adults!

9 minutes ago, GhostMouse said:

As always, now I'm just impatient to see the adults!

Me, too! I can't wait to see what they look like. The hatchies are so promising.

The wait for adults always seems so torturously long!

I had a weird feeling we'd get one for St Patrick's Day,. so kept my scroll clear, When we didn't.... Oops !