Little-Star

250 book challenge 2022-2023

Book Number: 54

Number Of Pages: 195

Book Title: The Miserable Mill (A Series of Unfortunate Events #4/13)

Author: Lemony Snicket 

Book Number: 31

Number of Pages: 248

Book Title: The Chronicles of Narnia, Book 5: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Author: C. S. Lewis

Summary: The Dawn Treader is the first Narnian ship in centuries. King Caspian has built it to voyage east seeking the seven lords whom his evil uncle Miraz banished when he usurped the throne. The journey takes Edmund, Lucy, and their peevish cousin Eustice with Caspian to the Eastern Islands, beyond the Silver Sea, and toward Aslan's country at the End of the World.

Book Number: 138
Number Of Pages: 448
Book Title: All the Wandering Light
Author: Heather Fawcett

Book Number: 139
Number Of Pages: 464
Book Title: After the Fire
Author: Will Hill

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

Book Number: 32

Number of Pages: 243

Book Title: The Silver Chair: Chronicles of Narnia Book 6

Summary: Eustace and Jill escape from bullies at school through a strange door in the wall and find Aslan has a task for them again in Narnia. Through untold dangers and deep caverns, among strange creatures, their quest brings them face to face with an evil Witch who must be defeated to return Prince Rilian to Narnia.

Book Number: 55

Number Of Pages: 221

Book Title: The Austere Academy A Series of Unfortunate Events 5/13)

Summary: After what happened at the Lucky Smells Limbermill, the Baudelaires are sent to a boarding school. 

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: Doctor Sleep

Book Title: 635

Author: Stephen King

Summary: Many years after the events of The Shining, Dan Torrance is fighting the demons from his past. He finds himself as an alcoholic down on his luck, but after getting sober, he finds a tween girl that needs his help defeating an old evil: Rose the Hat. 

Review: 4.5/5 not as good as The Shining, but it was so good! Older Danny dealing with the fact that he has an issue with alcohol like his father? The past haunts him? A young girl that shares his "shine?" Oh my god, the ending was perfection, and I'm sad the story is finished, but glad that Dan can rest a bit now. ^^

Book Number: 140
Number Of Pages: 411
Book Title: The Bone Witch
Author: Rin Chupeco

Book Number: 141
Number Of Pages: 503
Book Title: The Heart Forger

Book Number: 142
Number Of Pages: 449
Book Title: The Shadow Glass

Book Number: 78

Number Of Pages: 430

Book Title: The Library of Shadows

Author: Mikkel Birkegaard

Summary: After the death of his father, Jon discovers there is more to his father's bookshop than the buying and selling of books.

Book Number: 56

Number Of Pages: 259

Book Title: The Ersatz Elevator

Book Number: 143
Number Of Pages: 380
Book Title: Roar
Author: Cora Carmack

Book Number: 144

Number Of Pages: 460

Book Title: Rage

Author: Cora Carmack

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

Book Number: 33

Number of Pages: 211

Book Title: The Last Battle - Chronicles of Narnia Book 7

Summary: A false Aslan comes to Narnia and enslaves the talking animals. Jill and Eustice come to help fight in the great last battle. Narnia as we have known it is destroyed, but Aslan leads his people to a glorious new paradise.

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: Across the Wall

Book Title: 406

Author: Garth Nix

Summary: Another series of short stories by probably my favorite author. 

Review: 5/5 Not gonna lie, I love Garth Nix. He's one of the best. This book was fun since the stories range from fantasy to sci-fi and everything in between! I totally recommend. 

Book Number: 57

Number Of Pages: 446

Book Title: The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass #0.5)

Author: Sarah J Maas

Summary: The life of Celaena Sardothien before the events of Throne of Glass book

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 145
Number Of Pages: 356
Book Title: The Bridge Kingdom
Author: Danielle Jensen

Book Number: 146
Number Of Pages: 352
Book Title: The Traitor Queen
Author:  Danielle Jensen

Book Number: 147
Number Of Pages: 538
Book Title: The Inadequate Heir
Author:  Danielle Jensen

Book Number: 148
Number Of Pages: 336
Book Title: Carnival of Secrets
Author: Melissa Marr

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 400

Book Title: Out

Author: Natsuo Kirino

Summary: A young mother/wife finds herself involved in a bit of an illegal issue when she murders her abusive husband, luckily her friend from the factory she works in is able to help dispose of the problem along with two other women. It opens a can of worms that would have been better kept closed. 

Review: 4/5 This book is good. The characters are not the best, but the way that it's written and the plot are both very good. Masako is a terribly sad and disturbing character, and the ending is something that will stick with you for a few days. Kirino breaks down some of the barriers that women in Japan (and much of the world) face, as well as pulling in a few of the problems that foreigners in Japan face.

My sixth book from February! Whoo! Now on to making things for my March month in the book journal! Man, I miss Kindle Unlimited. lol

Book Number: 34

Number of Pages: 337

Book Title: Never Have I Ever

Author: Joshilyn Jackson

Summary: Amy Whey has achieved a comfortable life and takes joy in her family and friends. She has a happy marriage, a beautiful baby, a pretty sane thirteen-year-old stepdaughter, and a successful career as a scuba instructor,. But Amy has a dark secret in her past, and the appearance of a diabolical stranger in the neighborhood threatens to destroy her world.

Review:  Realistic, multi-dimensional characters and plot twist after plot twist in a high-stakes cat and mouse game made it hard to put this book down. It moved a bit slowly in places but the tension kept building as the story played out.

Book Number: 152
Number Of Pages: 316
Book Title: Ambition
Author: Natalie Keller Reinert

Book Number: 153
Number Of Pages: 301
Book Title: Pride
Author: Natalie Keller Reinert

Book Number: 58

Number Of Pages: 386

Book Title: The Stranger

Author: Harlan Coben

Summary: One day, a stranger comes to Adam Price to tell him a secret his wife kept away from him. Since that moment a lot goes bad and his wife is now missing. 

I actually started it in french (which my paper copy is), but the translation annoyed me so I switched to english (library ebook) about a quarter in 😂

Book Number: 154
Number Of Pages: 496
Book Title: A Map of Days
Author: Ransom Riggs

Book Number: 155
Number Of Pages: 400
Book Title: A Conference of the Birds

Book Number: 156
Number Of Pages: 528
Book Title: The Desolations of Devil’s Acre

Book Number: 59

Number Of Pages: 271

Book Title: Death Without Company (Longmire serie book 2)

Author: Craig Johnson

Summary: A women died of what seems to be naural cause, when the sheriff insist on an autopsy, thet discover that the woman was actually murdered

Review: Not that bad but almost took half of the book without much going on before they find out someone was killed and the action actually starts. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 79

Number Of Pages: 212

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Uninvited Guest

Author: Kathryn Kenny

Summary: As Trixie's friend Juliana prepares for her wedding, Trixie deals with her cousin's visit and a new guest for the wedding.

Book Number: 80

Number Of Pages: 210

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Phantom Grasshopper

Summary: When Hoppy the Grasshopper goes missing off the Town Hall, Trixie and the Bob-Whites search for clues.

Book Number: 81

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Secret of the Unseen Treasure

Summary: Trixie and the Bob-Whites help Mrs. Elliot who seems to be the target of random attacks.

Book Number: 82

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery at Mead's Mountain

Summary: Before he invests in a chalet on the mountain, Honey's dad asks the Bob-Whites to be his evaluation team, little suspecting how dangerous it would be.

Book Number: 83

Number Of Pages: 213

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery of the Castaway Children

Summary: After a baby appears in Reddy's doghouse, Trixie and the Bob-Whites look for his parents and find more than they bargained for.

Book Number: 84

Number Of Pages: 212

Book Title: Trixie Belden and the Mystery off Old Telegraph Road

Summary: When the Bob-Whites plan a bikeathon to raise funds for the school's art department, a series of mishaps make them wonder if someone is trying to stop the event.

Book Number: 85

Number Of Pages: 306

Book Title: The Wednesday Sisters

Author: Meg White Clayton

Summary: Five young mothers meet in a neighbourhood park and eventually form a writing group.

Book Number: 86

Number Of Pages: 325

Book Title: Good Eggs

Author: Rebecca Hardiman

Summary: When Kevin's eighty-tree-year-old mother is caught shoplifting, he hires a home aide, little suspecting the aide will instigate an even greater crisis.

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 428

Book Title: Dark Passage

Author: L.T Vargus/Tim McBain

Summary: Bodies are found in a landfill, and it's up to Violet Derger and Victor Loshak to find out who's put them there. 

Review: 4/5 I'm back with Kindle Unlimited (thanks friend who let me log into their account). I'm back at reading Violet novel~ *happy dances* This one is pretty good. I liked it. Interesting plot.