Number Of Pages: 291

Book Title: The Enchanted Castle

Author: Edith Nesbit

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

Book Number:  42

Number of Pages:  441

Book Title: Dark Whisper

Author:  Christine Feehan

This book is the 36th in the Carpathian series,  which are romance novels about Vampires and Lycans.  They are a bit more explicit with the romantic activities than I usually like but they are done  as part of a bonding experience and I found it to be more boring than objectionable. 

On 1/22/2023 at 8:13 PM, Stormcaller said:

Book Number:  37

Number of Pages:  352

Book Title: Death By Dumpling

Author:  Vivien Chien

Book Number:  38

Number of Pages:  320

Book Title: Dim Sum of All Fears

Author:  Vivien Chien

Book Number:  39

Number of Pages:  304

Book Title:  Murder Lo Mein

Book Number:  40

Book Title:   Wonton Terror

Book Number:  41

Book Title:  Egg Drop Dead

These are the first five books from the "A Noodle House Mystery" series.  It takes place in a Chinese Restaurant in a mall.  Good characters with interesting mysteries.  For a cozy series, I did enjoy these books  and will probably come back and read the remaining four of them.

I really like the "pun" titles of those books 

Book Number: 45

Number Of Pages: 327

Book Title: La Malediction des Dragensblöt : Ulrik et Andrew (book 5/7)

Author: Anne Robillard

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: Five Days Post Mortom

Book Title: 422

Author: L.T. Vargus, Tim McBain

Summary: Violet Derger is questioning her time with the FBI, so she joins a consulting agency for a bit. 

Review: 5/5 because Ted Fawkes is the best. But the ending broke my heart... *Sobs*

Book Number: 121
Number Of Pages: 328
Book Title: She’s With Me
Author: Jessica Cunsolo

Book Number: 122
Number Of Pages: 312
Book Title: Stay With Me
Author: Jessica Cunsolo

Book Number: 72

Number Of Pages: 342

Book Title: Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World - and Why Things Are Better Than You Think

Author: Hans Rosling with Ola Rosling and Anna Rosling Rönnlund

Summary: With the use of twelve simple questions, Rosling demonstrates how most of us believe the world is in a worse state than it really is. He then gives ways to change one's thinking.

I was hesitant to subscribe when I first got my Kindle, so I downloaded a few books through my library and purchased this set from Amazon.  It claims to have "over 2000 pages," but I later realized that the books were a few shy of 200 pages each.   Now that I understand how to better use the Kindle,  I can see that at the bottom of the offer it says that it has 1778 pages.   (After the fifth book I had trouble changing the settings back to actual page count.)  Please advise me how to number them properly.   The books are as follows:

Book Number:  43

Number of Pages:  202

Book Title:  Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries

Author:   Tonya Kappes

Book Number:  44

Number of Pages:  186

Book Title:  Deserts, Driving & Derelicts

Book Number:  45

Number of Pages: 176

Book Title:  Forests, Fishing & Forgery

Book Number:  46

Number of Pages: 188

Book Title:  Christmas, Criminals, and Campers

Book Number:  47

Number of Pages: 210

Book Title:  Motorhomes, Maps & Murder

Book Number:   48 

Number of Pages:   176

Book Title:  Canyons, Caravans &Cadavers

Book Number:  49

Number of Pages:  172

Book Title:  Hitches, Hideouts & Homicide

Book Number:  50

Number of Pages:  176

Book Title:  Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis

Book Number:  51

Number of Pages:  188

Book Title:  Valleys, Vehicles, & Victims

Book Number:   52

Number of Pages:   188

Book Title:  Sunsets, Sabbaticals & Scandal

These are the first 10 books of the A Camper & Criminals Mystery series.  I love the titles, but the stories, not so much.  However, I did buy the next 10 too, so...

Edited by Stormcaller
Adding information

5 hours ago, Stormcaller said:

I was hesitant to subscribe when I first got my Kindle, so I downloaded a few books through my library and purchased this set from Amazon.  It claims to have "over 2000 pages," but I later realized that the books were a few shy of 200 pages each.   Now that I understand how to better use the Kindle,  I can see that at the bottom of the offer it says that it has 1778 pages.   (After the fifth book I had trouble changing the settings back to actual page count.)  Please advise me how to number them properly.   The books are as follows:

Book Number:  43

Number of Pages:  202

Book Title:  Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries

Book Number:  

Number of Pages:  186

Book Title:  Deserts, Driving & Derelicts

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 176

Book Title:  Forests, Fishing & Forgery

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 188

Book Title:  Christmas, Criminals, and Campers

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 210

Book Title:  Motorhomes, Maps & Murder

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 

Book Title:  Canyons, Caravans &Cadavers

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 

Book Title:  Hitches, Hideouts & Homicide

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 

Book Title:  Assailants, Asphalt & Alibis

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 

Book Title:  Valleys, Vehicles, & Victims

Book Number:  

Number of Pages: 

Book Title:  Sunsets, Sabbaticals & Scandal

These are the first 10 books of the A Camper & Criminals Mystery series.  I love the titles, but the stories, not so much.  However, I did buy the next 10 too, so...

Not sure I understand your question or what you exactly means. 

If you mean for the challenge here, I would count each for 1 entry so book 43 to 52 (or to 61 for the 10 others) and for a real page number I would look for the page number of the printed version as kindle page number can be off. 

If you are talking about in your kindle, if the page number is changed to time reaming to read or %, just tap on it and it will change back between the 3 setting (well at least for the kindle app on my phone it works like that, not sure if its the same for the ereader). 

2 hours ago, Little-Star said:

Not sure I understand your question or what you exactly means. 

I'm sorry.  I somehow got the idea that a book had to be 200 pages to list.  Since most of these books came in a little short, I thought I might get credit for part, but not all, of them.  I now see where I went wrong.  Thank you.  

Book Number: 73

Number Of Pages: 197

Book Title: The Chicken Doesn't Skate

Author: Gordon Korman

Summary: The class falls in love with Miles' science experiment, Henrietta the chicken, and are not happy when they learn he plans to eat her.

Book Number: 74

Number Of Pages: 274

Book Title: Fish in a Tree

Author: Lynda Mullaly Hunt

Summary: Ally has been able to hide her inability to read from most people, but her newest teacher sees who she really is.

Edited by Lagie
Oops...

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Book Number: 723

Number Of Pages: 197

Book Title: The Chicken Doesn't Skate

Author: Gordon Korman

Summary: The class falls in love with Miles' science experiment, Henrietta the chicken, and are not happy when they learn he plans to eat her.

That's a lot of books in one year 😲😂

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: 342

Book Title: To Everything a Season

Author: Lauraine Snelling

Summary: Set in the town of Blessing, ND in the early 1900s, the book chronicles the events surrounding the Bjorklund family, Norwegian settlers who have helped to build up the town.

Review: I enjoyed this book, but keeping track of everyone in the family was difficult, in spite of the family tree supplied in the front of the book. I thought when I picked it out that it was the first in a series, but it turned out to follow other books about Blessing and the Bjorklunds. I felt like I didn't understand enough about the history of these people, which made it harder to keep up with them. The main love story, between Trygve Knutson (a member of the extended family) and Miriam Hastings (a nursing student who has come from Chicago to complete her training at the hospital in Blessing) is not introduced until very late in the story. While the author goes into a lot of detail about other relationships in the book it seems that this one develops too quickly and not convincingly. Then Miriam is suddenly called back to Chicago where her mother is dying and we are left with a very much unfinished story. Not at all a satisfying ending as everyone's story is left hanging -- obviously to be picked up in the next book!

5 hours ago, Little-Star said:

That's a lot of books in one year 😲😂

XD Thanks! Fixed it. ;)

Book Number: 75

Number Of Pages: 250

Book Title: New Kid

Author: Jerry Craft

Summary: This Newbery Medal winning book tells the story of Jordan whose parents enroll him in a prestigious private school where he is one of the few kids of colour.

Book Number: 46

Number Of Pages: 980

Book Title: Kingdom of Ash (Thron of Glass #7)

Author: Sarah J Maas 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 125
Number Of Pages: 411
Book Title: Ace of Shades
Author: Amanda Foody

Book Number: 126
Number Of Pages: 602
Book Title: King of Fools

Book Number: 127
Number Of Pages: 416
Book Title: Queen of Volts

Book Number: 47

Number Of Pages: 176

Book Title: The Bad Beggining (A Series of Unfortunate Events 1/13)

Author: Lemony Snicket

Summary: The Beaudelaire childrens just lost their parents in the burning down of their house and are sent into the care of Count Olaf. All Olaf wants is their money. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 76

Number Of Pages: 305

Book Title: Artemis

Author: Andy Weir

Summary: The 'city' of Artemis on the moon is home to Jazz who finds herself mixed up in criminal plots when all she wants to do is get rich so she can move out of her coffin-sized apartment.

Book Number: 129
Number Of Pages: 327
Book Title: Reckless Magic
Author: Rachel Higginson

Book Number: 130
Number Of Pages: 326
Book Title: Hopeless Magic
Author:  Rachel Higginson

Book Number: 25

Number Of Pages: The 7 1/5 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

Book Title: 458

Author: Stuart Turton

Summary: Evelyn Hardcastle is going to die, unless Aiden Bishop can hop through eight hosts and eight days to save her. 

Review: 100000000/10. My love for this book cannot be described! Perfect characters, perfect setting, perfect. Just perfect. ❤️ 

Book Number: 26

Number of pages: 325

Book Title: Home

Author: Marilynne Robinson

Summary: The Reverand Boughton's hell-raising  son Jack has come home after 20 years away. Artful and devious as a boy, now an alcoholic carrying 20 years of secrets, he is perpetually at odds with his father, though he is still the old man's favorite son. As Jack tries to make peace with his father, he begins to forge a bond with his sister Glory, herself returned home with a broken heart.

Review: Slow, slow, slow! I was tempted to take this book back unfinished! Halfway through it I still had no idea what these people were all about. Very slowly bits of their story were revealed and it did get a little better toward the end. Overall, though, it was painful and tiresome to hear over and over about Jack's self-doubts and inner turmoil.

21 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Book Number: 26

Number of pages: 325

Book Title: Home

Author: Marilynne Robinson

Summary: The Reverand Boughton's hell-raising  son Jack has come home after 20 years away. Artful and devious as a boy, now an alcoholic carrying 20 years of secrets, he is perpetually at odds with his father, though he is still the old man's favorite son. As Jack tries to make peace with his father, he begins to forge a bond with his sister Glory, herself returned home with a broken heart.

Review: Slow, slow, slow! I was tempted to take this book back unfinished! Halfway through it I still had no idea what these people were all about. Very slowly bits of their story were revealed and it did get a little better toward the end. Overall, though, it was painful and tiresome to hear over and over about Jack's self-doubts and inner turmoil.

Hey. You're only one ahead of me. lol. Well done!