Book Number: 60
Number Of Pages: 195
Book Title: Ceaseless
Author: Abbi Glines

Book Number: 19

Number Of Pages: 424

Book Title: The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampire

Author: Grady Hendrix

Summary: Patricia Campbell is a regular housewife who meets with her friends monthly for bookclub. One day, a strage man appear in their neighbourhood and strange events start to happen. 

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 20

Number Of Pages: 208

Book Title: Les Contes Interdits : Ali Baba et les 40 voleurs

Author: L.P. Sicard

Summary: Ali is a homeless man who live with other homeless people in an empty school. One day, while he was hiding in the back of a truck, he was brought to a bunket hidden in the forest where was a lot of money and weapons. He came back later with his friends to empty the bunker. Once they are on the run, everything goes bad. 

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 406

Book Title: Unbroken

Author: Laura Hillenbrand

Summary: A World War II story of survival, resilience, and redemption. The biography of Louie Zamperini, Olympic runner, who became an airman in the war after Pearl Harbor. When his plane was shot down over the Pacific it was the beginning of a remarkable saga of survival against great odds, first against the ocean itself and then against the cruelty of the guards in the Japanese POW camps where he spent the next 2 1/2 years.

Review: Generally I am not a fan of war stories, but Louie's remarkable spirit in the face of all that he suffered drew me in. Great story-telling.

18 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Book Number: 13

Number Of Pages: 406

Book Title: Unbroken

Author: Laura Hillenbrand

If you liked Hillenbrand's writing, you might enjoy their book about Seabiscuit! I thought it was very well done and learned some things I didn't know even after having a horse racing phase in high school (and a horse phase that never ended).

Book Number: 63

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: The Fear

Author: Natasha Preston

8 minutes ago, autumnbrandolyn said:

If you liked Hillenbrand's writing, you might enjoy their book about Seabiscuit! I thought it was very well done and learned some things I didn't know even after having a horse racing phase in high school (and a horse phase that never ended).

It's on my to-read list. :)

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 295

Book Title: The Fortnight in September

Author: R.C. Sheriff

Summary: This wonderful slice-of-life story covers the Stevens family as they embark on their traditional holiday for the last fortnight in September to Seaview. The family, collectively and individually, reflect on their many years spent together during the holiday, the uncertain future of the holiday as they get older and their time together dwindles, and enjoying the moment. 

A truly wonderful relaxing read I recommend very highly.

Book Number: 14

Number Of Pages: 368

Book Title: Are You Sara?

Author: S. C. Lalli

Summary: Two women named Sara each get into a rideshare. . . but only one makes it home alive. Which Sara was the real target? Was it Sarah Ellis or Saraswati Bhaduri? And why would anyone want either of them dead?

Review: I found neither of the main characters likeable or appealing. Still, it was interesting to see the plot twists as Sara tries to figure out whether she was actually the target of the killer and who that killer might be. The book switches viewpoints between the two girls -- Sarah through her journal provides background information from before the murder, while Sara tries to piece things together after the fact. The final plot twist left me with a real disgust for Sara as she tries to excuse herself for what to me was inexcusable.

Book Number: 21

Number Of Pages: 328

Book Title: 1984

Author: George Orwell

Summary: In the year 1984, the society is under the rule of Big Brother, a totalitarian regime that controls everyone. Wiston Smiths works for the ministry of Thruth but wants to rebel against the party. 

(Yeah I know, my summary is bad)

Book Number: 22

Number Of Pages: (344 + 328) = 672

Book Title: The Boys omnibus volume 3 and omnibus volume 4

Author: Garth Ennis 

Edited by Little-Star

Okay... I've been putting off this post because my living room pile of read books keeps growing. So as not to make this a massively long post, I'll hide them behind spoiler tags in groups of five, starting at #26.

26 - 30

Book Number: 26

Number Of Pages: 267

Book Title: 1984

Author: George Orwell

Summary: Watched by Big Brother, Winston Smith joins the underground opposition in the hope that love can survive.

And now... the rereading of most of Anne McCaffrey's Pern books!

Book Number: 27

Number Of Pages: 176

Book Title: Dragonsong

Author: Anne McCaffrey

Summary: Menolly's musical talents are not approved of in her home hold so she runs away.

Book Number: 28

Number Of Pages: 240

Book Title: Dragonsinger

Summary: Menolly settles into life at the Harper Hall where her musical talents are appreciated.

Book Number: 29

Number Of Pages: 193

Book Title: Dragon Drums

Summary: Harper Hall apprentice Piemur, Menolly's friend, becomes a drum apprentice when his voice changes.

Book Number: 30

Number Of Pages: 303

Book Title: Dragonflight

Summary: Not everyone believes the deadly Thread will rerurn to Pern, but F'lar and Lessa are certain it will.

31 - 35

Book Number: 31

Number Of Pages: 349

Book Title: Dragonquest

Summary: Thread has returned but not everyone on Pern appreciates the efforts of the dragonriders to protect them from it.

Book Number: 32

Number Of Pages: 467

Book Title: The White Dragon

Summary: After Jaxom accidentally Impresses Ruth, his life as both Lord Holder and dragonrider is very busy.

Book Number: 33

Number Of Pages: 416

Book Title: The World Without Us

Author: Alan Weisman

Summary: A sobering and thorough description of what would happen to Earth if all the humans were to suddenly disappear.

Book Number: 34

Number Of Pages: 367

Book Title: Dragonsdawn

Summary: After the colonists arrive on Pern, first earthquakes and then Thread make their lives more difficult than anticipated.

Book Number: 35

Number Of Pages: 319

Book Title: Chronicles of Pern: First Fall

Summary: Four stories looking at different aspects of the colonization of Pern, from the first discovery of the planet to the rescue of some of the colonists.

36 - 40

Book Number: 36

Number Of Pages: 162

Book Title: Fenway and Hattie

Author: Victoria J. Coe

Summary: Fenway the Jack Russell encounters many changes when he and his humans move from the city to the suburbs.

Book Number: 37

Number Of Pages: 337

Book Title: The Renegades of Pern

Summary: Not all people on Pern are safely in Holds or Weyrs. The traders who travel between them need protection, too.

Book Number: 38

Number Of Pages: 433

Book Title: All the Weyrs of Pern

Summary: After discovering the buildings left by the original colonists, and AIVAS, their computer, the dragonriders may finally have found a way to rid Pern of Thread forever.

Book Number: 39

Number Of Pages: 371

Book Title: The Dolphins of Pern

Summary: Dolphins came to Pern with the original colonists, but contact was lost with them over the centuries. Now Readis and others reestablish the bonds between the two species.

Book Number: 40

Number Of Pages: 204

Book Title: Daddy, Daddy and Me

Author: Sean Michael

Summary: Jeff inherits his two children after their mother dies in a fire. Nanny Don joins the family.

41 - 45

Book Number: 41

Number Of Pages: 284

Book Title: The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet

Author: Erin Dionne

Summary: Hamlet's parents are Shakespeare scholars which causes her more trouble at school than she'd like. Matters are not helped when her smarter younger sister is enrolled at the same high school.

Book Number: 42

Number Of Pages: 407

Book Title: The Dead Lands

Author: Benjamin Percy

Summary: When the world fell apart, St. Louis became a walled city. No one leaves, no one enters, until one day a girl showed up at the gate.

Book Number: 43

Number Of Pages: 420

Book Title: The Masterharper of Pern

Summary: Young Robinton finds his life is full of more than just music when he becomes a Harper.

Book Number: 44

Number Of Pages: 278

Book Title: Hold Fast

Author: Blue Balliet

Summary: Early's father is missing. Unable to afford their apartment without him, Early and her mother and brother move to a city shelter.

Book Number: 45

Number Of Pages: 456

Book Title: The Skies of Pern

Summary: The dragonriders of Pern begin to imagine a future without Thread and discover new abilities possessed by their dragons.

46 - 50

Book Number: 46

Number Of Pages: 298

Book Title: Dragon's Kin

Author: Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey

Summary: In a mining camp on Pern, Kindan loses his family to a disaster and finds himself the resident expert on watch-whers, relatives to the dragons.

Book Number: 47

Number Of Pages: 270

Book Title: Death at La Fenice

Author: Donna Leon

Summary: In this first of the Commissario Guido Brunetti mysteries, Brunetti finds himself immersed in the life of conductor Wellauer, who is found dead during an intermission at La Fenice in Venice.

Book Number: 48

Number Of Pages: 202

Book Title: The Magician's Elephant

Author: Kate DiCamillo

Summary: When a fortuneteller tells Peter an elephant will lead him to his sister, he is sceptical as there are no elephants in his town.

Book Number: 49

Number Of Pages: 523

Book Title: The Manning Sister

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: Taylor Manning accepts a teaching job in Montana, but never expected to meet a handsome cowboy.

Book Number: 50

Number Of Pages: 171

Book Title: Any Sunday

Author: Debbie Macomber

Summary: Independent Marjorie is sure she doesn't need help from anyone, but a bout of appendicitis proves her otherwise.

51 - 55

Book Number: 51

Number Of Pages: 221

Book Title: A Home for Hannah

Author: Patricia Davids

Summary: Miriam returns home to an Amish community just in time for a baby to be left on her mother's front porch.

Book Number: 52

Number Of Pages: 313

Book Title: Return to the Isle of the Lost: A Descendants Novel

Author: Melissa de le Cruz

Summary: Mal and her friends discover it's not so easy to go home again but they have to in order to learn why their parents are missing.

Book Number: 53

Number Of Pages: 373

Book Title: Death in a Strange Country

Summary: When an American is found dead in Venice, Brunetti is determined to find out the truth behind what appears to be a simple mugging.

Book Number: 54

Number Of Pages: 327

Book Title: Daughters of the Deer

Author: Danielle Daniel

Summary: In 1657 in Canada, Marie of the Deer Clan reluctantly agrees to marry a white man to help save her people.

Book Number: 55

Number Of Pages: 282

Book Title: Acqua Alta

Summary: The beating of a friend finds Brunetti involved in a complicated case of smuggling.

Book Number: 56

Number Of Pages: 237

Book Title: A Noble Radiance

Summary: A skeleton is uncovered during renovation and Brunetti must solve a cold case of an abducted son.

Book Number: 57

Number Of Pages: 270

Book Title: Fatal Remedies

Summary: Vandalism at a local travel agency directly affects Brunetti, but ends up uncovering a lot more to the case than expected.

Book Number: 58

Number Of Pages: 237

Book Title: The Doctor's Christmaa Quilt

Author: Kathi Macias

Summary: When her daughter returns home pregnant, Laura finds herself torn between faith and fear.

Review: The ending was rather lame and felt unresolved.

*crosses her fingers that the coding works*

Book Number: 23

Number Of Pages: 217

Book Title: La Lune Rouge

Author: Jean Lemieux

Edited by Little-Star

Book Number: 59

Number Of Pages: 391

Book Title: Camp

Author: L.C. Rosen

Summary: Sixteen-year-old Randy loves spending his summers at Camp Outland, a camp for queer teens. This summer he returns looking for love, hoping to have Hudson fall for him, but in order to do so, he has to change who he is.

Kept forgetting to update this. Oops~ I've started a book journal so that I can keep track of my book reading, so... Let me grab that! lol

Book Number: 3

Number Of Pages: 1211 (on the epub I was reading)

Book Title:  Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Author: The worst lady in the world at times Ah... I mean J. K. Rowling

Summary: Harry Potter is still being chased by He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, and all that jazz. It's Harry Potter. lol

Review: 4/5 stars here because like... it's my childhood, but it's cringey sometimes. That date with Cho Chang is.... wow. No. 

Book Number: 4

Number Of Pages: 814 (once again on epub)

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Author: It's still Rowling

Summary: Harry Potter is sassy now. And 16. It's Harry Potter and sixth year. 

Review: 4.5/5 because I love the flashbacks, and Harry stalks Malfoy. It's a glorious year for our main character, and this one is probably my favorite in the series. 

Book Number: 5

Number Of Pages:  941 (on epub)

Book Title: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Author: Do I even need to say it? 

Summary: It's the big finale filled with deaths and whatnot. 

Review: 4/5 because it's action packed, less cringey, and just quintessential Harry Potter.  I did take off a point because... Dumbledore sorta sucks, and it's a long camping trip (lol), but it's fun and a good finale to one of my favorite series. 

Book Number: 6

Number Of Pages: 420 (on epub)

Book Title: Sabriel

Author: Garth Nix

Summary: When Sabriel hits her final year in school, she expects to go back to her home and see her father, discuss her future with him and move on. Unfortunately a Dead thing holding a bag and her father's bells means that she's not going to be able to stay in her peaceful world much longer. 

Review: 5/5 because when I tell you I love this book, I LOVE THIS BOOK. Garth Nix blends magic with technology in a way that I've never seen before in this thrilling novel. Plus Sabriel, Touchstone (a prince trapped in a figurehead) and Mogget (the Free Magic Agent shaped like a cat) get to figure out how to save the Kingdom and her father. 

I also finished 3 manga at some point, but I don't feel like adding all the pages together to figure out how things divide up into books for this. 

Book Number: 15
Number Of Pages: 386
Book Title: A Second Helping
Author: Beverly Jenkins

Summary: On the heels of "Bring on the Blessings," bestselling author Jenkins gives readers a second helping of the beautiful Kansas town of Henry Adams, and the residents who make it unique.

Review: This is a warm, feel-good story about the quirky residents of Henry Adams. From Bernadine Brown, who bought the town on E-Bay from the proceeds of her divorce settlement, to Jack James the new schoolteacher and his surly son Eli, I loved them all. I have not read the first book, so had a bit of difficulty getting the characters straight in my head -- there are a lot of them -- but didn't really feel that I missed too much. I would like to go back and read that book, now, just because I want more of these characters and their story.

Book Number: 67
Number Of Pages: 400
Book Title: The Book of Living Secrets
Author: Madeleine Roux

Edited by autumnbrandolyn

9 hours ago, autumnbrandolyn said:

Book Number: 67
Number Of Pages:
Book Title: The Book of Living Secrets
Author: Madeleine Roux

Missing the number of pages

15 hours ago, Little-Star said:

Missing the number of pages

ahah! Thanks for the catch, edited.

Book Number: 68
Number Of Pages: 302
Book Title: I Am Watching You
Author: Teresa Driscoll

Book Number: 24

Number Of Pages: 352

Book Title: Les 5 derniers dragons (#9) : le sacrifice 

Author: Danielle Dumais 

Book Number: 60

Number Of Pages: 358

Book Title: Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern

Summary: When a deadly disease strikes both humans and runnerbeasts on Pern, Moreta must help save her planet.

Book Number: 61

Number Of Pages: 182

Book Title: Nerilka's Story

Author: Anne McCaffrey

Summary: When a virulent disease breaks out on Pern, Nerilka makes use of the opportunity to leave her home.