TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

12 minutes ago, MessengerDragon said:

The wiki says that the 'wooden fence' and 'gate' items appear at level 50, but I'm only at 22 and I've got 'em, so that seems like it isn't accurate. ;)

Interesting... They probably unlock at level 20, or even 10. The more players pitch in, the better we can narrow it down!

Edited by 0x08

17 hours ago, 0x08 said:

image.png.aa28581895aa3d34e8c59bd1d8d0f16f.png

I'm so glad I came up with this cat placement. XD

image.png.a58f4ef2d2e4468bfbb09778bbbc4da5.png

The 45 degree jack-o'-lantern joins the fray.

Edited by 0x08

I don't have any decorations (I'm only level 3) Do we know when they start unlocking yet?

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I don't have any decorations (I'm only level 3) Do we know when they start unlocking yet?

Level 5 you get iron fences and pumpkins. :)

Edited by 0x08

Loving the farming.

I'm at level 15 and have the gates but not the paths.

6 minutes ago, Ceiyru said:

I'm at level 15 and have the gates but not the paths.

That lines up with what people have written in the wiki. Thanks for confirming. :D

2 minutes ago, Su_Halcon said:

Are last year's Halloween eggs dropping at all? I didn't see a single one yet o.O

Since Halloween breeds don't have a cave-born breed limit like Holiday and Valentines do, people collect a lot more of them and the Halloween biome empties out quickly. Check at the 5 minute and top-of-the-hour drops for best chances of snagging something. :) 

Pitfires in particular are going like hotcakes since they've got that alt.

Edited by Stromboli

Now that I'm level 50, some more feedback on the game.

Energy gain - Although I appreciate it doubling to 2 per five minutes, it still feels too slow for a minigame only meant to last a week. The 100 energy cap (which I hit overnight) also is a hindrance since you miss out on any further energy gain during periods of long inactivity (such as sleeping or being at work without mobile access). I was hoping that both energy gain and energy cap would increase again at a higher level, but that isn't the case. When I woke up this morning, it only took a few minutes of harvesting, clearing, and watering to chew through that entire 100 energy. And now I'm back to having no reason to check the game more than once or twice a day because of the slow buildup.

Decorating - I'm having a lot of fun starting to decorate! However, removing decorations that I'm not happy with the placement of costs energy as well. :( A fair amount, apparently, since with only a few energy, I can't remove any of the fences I've decided I want to move. That ties back into my issue with the energy gains.

In short, I'd love it if TJ would consider increasing energy gain, perhaps to 5 per 5 minutes at level 50, especially given that decorating errors cost energy to correct. I know he's already reduced the harvesting cost, so I don't imagine it would be too difficult to adjust the energy gain as well.

I think I just got a bug. For some reason, when I click on a treat, it will appear again on the treat page as if I didn't click it. I decided to click the treat a second time and it went into my basket but a new clickable treat appeared when the page reloaded. So I just got two treats in a row.

It's pretty inconsequential but I've never seen this happen.. so I'm assuming it's a bug.

14 hours ago, missy_ said:

Apologies, Quinney. All the acorn squash I planted and I still don’t know the answer for you. I don’t keep very good track of the times of things growing in this game. 🙃

Thank you missy.

12 minutes ago, BirdSniff said:

I think I just got a bug. For some reason, when I click on a treat, it will appear again on the treat page as if I didn't click it. I decided to click the treat a second time and it went into my basket but a new clickable treat appeared when the page reloaded. So I just got two treats in a row.

It's pretty inconsequential but I've never seen this happen.. so I'm assuming it's a bug.

Same. It just started happening on my scroll. the last couple I've clicked have gone to the treat page, but I have to re-click to actually claim.

18 minutes ago, natli said:

I love how cabbage looks like goth purple roses 💜🖤

They are inspired by Kalibos cabbages :)
cabbage pic

Edited by Munin

5 minutes ago, Munin said:

cabbage pic

They are so pretty!!! The artists did an amazing job with the artwork. :D ❤️

4 minutes ago, Munin said:

cabbage pic

Thanks for info! I want to have every stage of that cabbage once I'm done decorating.

48 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Pitfires in particular are going like hotcakes since they've got that alt.

I saw one now, but I gave up anyway on catching ANY of what I want (after I managed two Graves), too frustrating to see the 'already snatched' message all the time. People amount of 70+ is not handable for me^^

I just removed a tombstone from my farm but after a few seconds it came back. Spooky. 👻

8 minutes ago, Willow_Whispers said:

Is there a way to restart the game? I'm in an endless loop with only being able to grow 1 parsnip.

Are you sure you are using the sickle to harvest the parsnips? Sounds like you are using the hoe, thus removing the crop and not harvesting it and thus not gaining experience and money to progress in the game.

Short overview of the tools just in case:
SNAGHTML287cc23c.png

Edited by Munin
added an image

PS, for the lovely folks who made our tricks and treats, I'm just gonna drop this thread here real quick...

Love, your local wiki admin who would like to knock down the growing list of [citation needed]s 😂