TJ09

2021-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

i got a patch of 20 parsnips, and a row of 12 mushrooms

2 energy per 5 min means i have to wait 4 hrs just to get enough energy to harvest them not counting watering ;-;

17 minutes ago, Munin said:

Are you sure you are using the sickle to harvest the parsnips? Sounds like you are using the hoe, thus removing the crop and not harvesting it and thus not gaining experience and money to progress in the game.

Short overview of the tools just in case:
SNAGHTML287cc23c.png

I'm sure I was clicking on the sickle. Is there a way out of this loop?

Edited by Willow_Whispers

The hoe is exactly the problem, you need the sickle

If you are using the sickle you should gain 2 coins for every 1 coin inbested in a parsnip. I have not heard anyone report a bug like that. Make extra sure you are using the sickle next time?

Edited by Munin

This may in fact be the lamest reference among any Treat or Egg in any year, but here we go. The purple/yellow beetle is mine, and it references the book Geometry Revisited.

Spoiler

7eae921189f5c39626aaa7d39103ea55a8f9a812

Yup. It references a math textbook that I liked as a kid. The book had a chapter on projective geometry that I just thought was the coolest thing ever.

1 hour ago, MoonShark said:

Now that I'm level 50, some more feedback on the game.

Energy gain - Although I appreciate it doubling to 2 per five minutes, it still feels too slow for a minigame only meant to last a week. The 100 energy cap (which I hit overnight) also is a hindrance since you miss out on any further energy gain during periods of long inactivity (such as sleeping or being at work without mobile access). I was hoping that both energy gain and energy cap would increase again at a higher level, but that isn't the case. When I woke up this morning, it only took a few minutes of harvesting, clearing, and watering to chew through that entire 100 energy. And now I'm back to having no reason to check the game more than once or twice a day because of the slow buildup.

Decorating - I'm having a lot of fun starting to decorate! However, removing decorations that I'm not happy with the placement of costs energy as well. :( A fair amount, apparently, since with only a few energy, I can't remove any of the fences I've decided I want to move. That ties back into my issue with the energy gains.

In short, I'd love it if TJ would consider increasing energy gain, perhaps to 5 per 5 minutes at level 50, especially given that decorating errors cost energy to correct. I know he's already reduced the harvesting cost, so I don't imagine it would be too difficult to adjust the energy gain as well.

I agree, it was a bit surprising that the energy gain doubled at level 11 but never again after that. I think either increasing it to something like 5 per 5 minutes like you said, or at least increasing the energy cap (or both if we wanna go craaazy) would be very helpful. And indeed a way to move decorations that doesn't delete them entirely is also sorely needed, which could still cost energy after all. But it makes no sense to have to destroy something completely if you decide you don't like the placement. The same doesn't have to be applicable to crops though if it's unrealistic to dig those up and move them.

I'm now joining throng who are trying to get Pitfires. I bred mine and have hatchies now.  Need more eggs!

1 hour ago, wobster109 said:

This may in fact be the lamest reference among any Treat or Egg in any year, but here we go. The purple/yellow beetle is mine, and it references the book Geometry Revisited.

Reveal hidden contents

Yup. It references a math textbook that I liked as a kid. The book had a chapter on projective geometry that I just thought was the coolest thing ever.

That's not lame at all, it's awesome. :D

Farming complaint: I've got cabbages that refuse to grow to the last stage. They're watered and have been for hours. I'd really like to harvest them, but I don't want to miss out on the higher cash of final stage cabbage. EDIT: I knew complaining would help, they've grown up now.

Edited by Laura-Borealis

Trying to get a second full set of pitfires has completely destroyed my breeding/capture plan. I should probably be glad I got 4 CBs this year. I'll just get the next four next year.

Is anyone else stuck at 49 treats? I haven't seen any new ones pop up in over 12 hours. Also after I grabbed #49 the next two treats were from previous years. 

1 minute ago, Queen Firebreath said:

Is anyone else stuck at 49 treats? I haven't seen any new ones pop up in over 12 hours. Also after I grabbed #49 the next two treats were from previous years. 

There are only 49 treats. One was removed. After you collect them, you'll start getting any treats from past years that you missed.

Edited by Dinala1641882

1 minute ago, Queen Firebreath said:

Sadly one treat had to be removed, so there are only 49 now. It's too bad because it's super cute 

Just now, Dinala1641882 said:

There are only 49 treats. One was removed.

Thank you! I was hunting through the thread for the answer 😁

Just now, Laura-Borealis said:

Sadly one treat had to be removed, so there are only 49 now. It's too bad because it's super cute 

That's a shame 😟

The game is interesting. It would have been better if we had had more time, say 2 weeks at least, to play. Many players on DC don't have lots of free time, alas. 

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the two sets of metal gates? Seems like the ones that face the same way are simply copies of each other? I can't tell any sort of difference so why are there two of each? Inward and outward swing?

I love the game this year! I just wish the energy was gained quicker & had a higher cap! Working 6 days a week right now I don't have much time and fear that the limits / energy issue has really hindered my chances of making any progress :( 

I absolutely adore the treats, there are so many neat ones! Thank you TJ and spriters! 

1 hour ago, Munin said:

The hoe is exactly the problem, you need the sickle

If you are using the sickle you should gain 2 coins for every 1 coin inbested in a parsnip. I have not heard anyone report a bug like that. Make extra sure you are using the sickle next time?

It's working now!

13 minutes ago, Fortis said:

Why was one treat removed?

I'm curious on this too. There are only 49. Came here to see if I could find an answer.

13 hours ago, Moondragon55 said:

It was my treat. The rule that was violated is that a wip version of the treat was posted in a discord server beforehand. Unfortunately, I was under the impression the rule about posting in public referred to social media such as twitter and these forums, rather than group chats. I'm very sorry to everyone for the issue.

It's lovely and one of my favorites. Thanks for making it to share, I'm just sorry more of us didn't get to see it before it vanished.

1 hour ago, wobster109 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Nope, not lame, totally awesome! I'm not much of a geometry fan but I could totally see myself making a treat referencing a specific science textbook I loved! 

25 minutes ago, Fortis said:

Why was one treat removed?

11 minutes ago, roxasxaxel said:

I'm curious on this too. There are only 49. Came here to see if I could find an answer.

One treat was removed because it was found to have violated the artist's agreement (by being posted somewhere else before being submitted). It's sad because it was a great treat, but hopefully that user won't be discouraged and will submit something else awesome next year!

Well I only got 49 treats and cannot gat the last one as it is not showing up any one else 

Just now, Merlot said:

Well I only got 49 treats and cannot gat the last one as it is not showing up any one else 

There are only 49 total this year, so congrats! you found them all :3

I am having SO MUCH FUN. I wish there were more things to plant, and that this was a constant year round game! Also, I'd like to be able to move things around.