verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

Agreeing with others for the pink sapphires. Relying on others to drop CB sapphires in the AP isn't a feature I'm really happy about. There's no guarantee you'll be the one to catch it, and if you're looking for certain lineages or CB, it's even more difficult.

Some people are saying they're buying sapphires in the market to abandon for people, which is very kind of them, but for 200 shards each (at this time) to TRY to give others the chance to get a CB feels...wrong? If people don't mind doing it, that's fine, you do you, but I feel like a dragon shouldn't be based around the good will of others in a manner like this. 

I wish the creators would come on soon and confirm or deny if AP'ing is the only way. 

For the yellows, as it looks, are the easiest to get at 4k views. Maybe TJ will reverse it or change it back to 8k when the hype dies down? It actually looks like the blue ones will be more challenging now since we'd have to monitor them to make sure they stay blue and don't turn?

My current scroll averages per dragon are:

3745.47 Overall views

672.89 Unique views

2.88 Clicks

4000 views per Yellow Sapphire adult will push me pretty hard.  Someone like Infinis undoubtedly has much higher averages because of the large numbers of people looking for Spriter's Alts. Most of us will have plenty of work at the 4000 level. TJ was right in the level set. 

As for the Pink Sapphires, yes I will be struggling to catch them, but the AP turns over so fast that I always have small chance, and sometimes that small chance is enough.

No support

4K is low for me but after thinking about it and with hatchies still changeable, 4K seems like a good threshold for the wider player base. 8k was a suggestion based on my personal experience growing things, since mine tend to grow between 4-7k fairly regularly. Since hatchies change also you don’t need to spam the egg with views unless you super duper want an egg.

getting blues should be easy with some extra patience; just fog it for an extra couple of days, since lower time eggs need fewer views to hatch in my experience. Treat it like a purple siyat.

The pink mechanic is working as intended and would rather the pink mechanic stays as is.

I haven't read everything in this thread so apologies if I am rehashing anything.

Pink sapphires aren't even a problem as CBs - they will legitimately be the only Sapphires we see in the AP unless someone abandons a Yellow Egg/Hatchie or a Blue hatchie. Pink sapphires don't turn yellow, and it is now impossible to get a blue CB from the AP. The problem will be making lineages with them, as they don't breed true. We will all very quickly have our fill with only being able to get pinks from the AP, and only auto-abandoned bred blues! Just going to have to wait for the hype to die down. 

Not being able to build your own lineages is the frustrating part. But we will have to see how that plays out in the future. 

For people struggling to get yellows, using 3-4 hatcheries should easily get you past the 4k threshold. I was able to accomplish this regularly before becoming a spriter - Infi (and Spriters in general) don't really get that many more views compared to a normal player, maybe UVs and clicks lol. 

The easy way to get 4000 OVs is to use a dragcave auto-refresher. Super fast, easy to control, and guaranteed. Just be careful about sickness.

I think spriters mainly just get accidently bombed during holidays. I don't know that tons of people are just like, stalking their day to day dc stuff, that seems a bit much.

But yeah I shove it in all the hatcheries, open my trusty ARer, and, so long as its not the dead hours, I can get 4k views in an hour or so.

The issue for me will be keeping blues blue, unfortunately lol. Nearly all of mine end up in the 7k range. I forsee much fogging in my future.

1 hour ago, Infinis said:

The pink mechanic is working as intended and would rather the pink mechanic stays as is.

May I ask why the pink mechanic is intended to work this way? I'm all for trying new mechanics, but I don't really see a reason for this one, and it will make it extremely difficult to use those pretty sprites for lineage projects. I'd love to make a checker with them, but I can't do it if I have to abandon everything I breed in order to change the color. Is there a reason why you feel this is the best option?

Yeah, uh, this is going to make pink lines an absolute nightmare to make. There isn't exactly a way to get the kids back once they're abandoned, and if you're into lineages there's been plenty of history to make people shy away from wanting to rely entirely on other people's lines.

Ah, so that's how you get pinks... not a fan. It's a very fun concept but making lineages is going to be impossible. I'm not a fan of any eggs you can't make yourself--I think it would be a better mechanic to have them change via trading. Like 5 trades and they turn pink? Adds a layer of difficultly, while removing randomness. Making them AP dependant means you can't keep your own pink lineages, AND you can't share blue lineages anymore either. Seems like a bummer, since tons of people play by building lineages.

I quite like the yellow mechanic though. Under 4000 isn't impossible.

EDIT: sapphires don't turn pink if auto abandoned. so, it's still possible to get blues in the AP. i still stand that there should be a second method to control pink creation solely so breeders can actually continue their own lineages, or have a way of trading for them.

Edited by steeve

Well, if that's gonna stay this way ... no lineages with them, then.

Waste of a pretty sprite, really.

8 hours ago, UnicornMaiden said:

May I ask why the pink mechanic is intended to work this way? I'm all for trying new mechanics, but I don't really see a reason for this one, and it will make it extremely difficult to use those pretty sprites for lineage projects. I'd love to make a checker with them, but I can't do it if I have to abandon everything I breed in order to change the color. Is there a reason why you feel this is the best option?

because i wanted to give the ap something special. the ap was functionally useless for me: there tends to be nothing i want at any given time, and even cbs i have an easier and faster time camping out in the biomes to catch my own cbs. even the hub is faster and easier. 

and now there is a longer-term challenge for finding something nice in there. it also isn't any easier for me, since i need 24 cbs for my own scroll goals, so it's not like i went in suggesting it not knowing the difficulty level.

there is now something to look for in between the myriad random massbreeds of everything else. 

whether tj would want to add an additional mechanic i don't know. maybe if it it was the reverse of the yellow but the view count set so absurdly low for turning that you'd basically have to nd it and hope it fails to turn, such that the easiest, fastest, and primary method of achieving a pink sapph is still yeeting to the ap. neutral at best about it but any mechanic adjustments/additions would be up to tj anyway. y:

Honestly if they are this difficult to get, I think I'm just going to write them off akin to winning the monthly prize lottery. I'd never be able to even get the number I need for scroll goals, CB or not. I feel sorry for anyone who wanted to use these guys in lineages. Yellows, while difficult, I can completely understand and appreciate. The pinks are a bit out of reach for me.

Doesn't the AP rely on others grabbing the other eggs or random mass breedings to get it "flowing" though? Like, if the AP served no purpose for some others before, I don't understand how encouraging others to camp out in the AP and grab eggs they don't want (not everyone's there to unclog the AP or do this but still, the AP only moves when others pick up those random massbreeds...just to get it moving so new eggs show up) to possibly get a Pink to show up there, and then catch it. 

I enjoy the AP for the most part, except when it's just a wall of the same breed, and the lineage is insanely messy. I like grabbing the eggs and seeing what I might have got. With the Pinks, as I bred mine, I noticed they go great with holiday breeds...to me any way. Others might want CB's for their lineage projects, but creating any lineage with the pinks looks problematic for many people, because we have to abandon them, and we can't reclaim our willingly abandoned eggs, and possibly will have to throw up a bounty/reward to possibly get it back (which...in the trade hub, isn't that a rule we're not allowed to do that?)

But actual question...

Can pink sapphires, when bred, throw/create pinks without abandoning them? That'd at be easier at least to create lineages with, if/once we can get the CB pinks. 

I fondly remember that I got my very first Gold from the AP. Doesn't get any more special than that.

I already HAVE been camping on the AP for extended periods of time, and not only during holiday walls. I don't think it needed anything special added to it, and it still doesn't. In fact, now finding anything pretty in there has been made more difficult because now more people camp out there to get that elusive pink thing.

@Infinis It is also intended that CB blue Sapphires will never be in the AP again then? It doesn't really affect me personally right now but I do regularly hunt in the AP for CBs, so if I wanted to get more for some reason...well, it is a bit strange that they'd be basically cave exclusives. It's like, the AP gets something special I suppose, but at the loss of another variant. 

And what about lineages? As others said, unless there is a chance for the pink ones to breed true it'll be basically impossible to work with them. 

As I said in the news thread as well, I would also prefer it if there was at least some way of getting these without relying on others. I do a lot of trading so it's not like I object to some interaction, but that's still quite different from having to rely on people wanting to pick up CB eggs (or buy them from the market), suffer the 5h cooldown, and deliberately abandon them so that someone else can get a special variant. Sapphires weren't even that overpopulated in the AP most of the time...it'll probably take a good while for things to balance out with rarity, and even then I just don't like this much of an element of chance lol.

Agreeing with others for the pink sapphires. Relying on others to drop CB sapphires in the AP isn't a feature I'm really happy about. There's no guarantee you'll be the one to catch it, and if you're looking for certain lineages or CB, it's even more difficult.

Yes, honestly? This annoys me to no end. I mainly collect CBs.

@Infinis this isn't meant to be terrible and I hope you don't take it as such. But as someone with multiple Spriter's Alts and a solid social network on the forums, your experience getting CB Pink Sapphires is likely to be much easier than the average users'. Unless you've resolved to never trade for or accept them as gifts, in which case my apologies, I don't think you'll have as much trouble getting them as many will.

There's also two other things:

1) lineage making is very popular, and requiring pinks to go through the AP means the odds of creating intentional lines with them are exceedingly slim and very, very dependent on the mercy of others;

2) many people play DC as a casual low time investment game, which again, makes struggling to get pinks of any flavor from the AP while competing with others a bit analogous to the old struggle to get Hollies--except in this case, the reward is much slimmer.

They're lovely sprites, but with all these difficulties I can't see them being used as much as other breeds with lower hurdles.

18 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

@Infinis this isn't meant to be terrible and I hope you don't take it as such. But as someone with multiple Spriter's Alts and a solid social network on the forums, your experience getting CB Pink Sapphires is likely to be much easier than the average users'. Unless you've resolved to never trade for or accept them as gifts, in which case my apologies, I don't think you'll have as much trouble getting them as many will.

I have to agree with this, I have no CB Spriter's Alt, no CB Prizes and I do not ND on a regular basis. That means I have nothing to trade for rare stuff. As it is I am happy I can save up for a Stat or a CB Metal and buy it.

Getting a CB of these requires you to be at the AP the time it drops in the visible area, which no one can foretell since the time on eggs vary. And yes I can understand why anyone would ask for payment of this hassle.

Aside of the fact that someone else wifully has to adandon their egg in order for it to be in the AP in the first place.

So yes I would appreciate if this dragon could be at least in the market so everyone has a chance.

Edited by Nalyua

48 minutes ago, Nalyua said:

I have to agree with this, I have no CB Spriter's Alt, no CB Prizes and I do not ND on a regular basis. That means I have nothing to trade for rare stuff. As it is I am happy I can save up for a Stat or a CB Metal and buy it.

Getting a CB of these requires you to be at the AP the time it drops in the visible area, which no one can foretell since the time on eggs vary. And yes I can understand why anyone would ask for payment of this hassle.

Aside of the fact that someone else wifully has to adandon their egg in order for it to be in the AP in the first place.

So yes I would appreciate if this dragon could be at least in the market so everyone has a chance.

If they don't breed true, that won't help with lineages.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Or just please put the Pink Sapphire and Yellow Sapphire in Market.... Honestly I will spend the shards for them ... have no will nor time to bother with ever getting CB Pink Sapphires... Game is unplayable with so many people in AP because of this and will be from now on - graveyard error page appearing after every 4th refresh....  And Sapphires drop in all biomes so could camp in cave for 3 hours to even see 1 appear and I don't even have time to play this game 20min per day...

Edited by FoxintheBox4

The graveyard error is happening all over the place just now - including the forum - and it was doing before the release. I don't think the mad dash for the AP has affected it particularly.

I am not fond of this either, I just want one and would be fond of a terrible lineage but I can't even get that without constantly refreshing. 

This is really bad on mobile.

41 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

If they don't breed true, that won't help with lineages.

Right atm my mind ist honestly still boggled about getting CBs of the pink. Though it throws any Saphire-Lineages right in the garbage as well as far as AP is concerned.

Welp... the Pink Sapphires definitely doesn't do any favors to lineage building. I personally want to make 4th gen purebred evengens with my own dragons. While yes, collecting the CBs that I need for just collection is going to be somewhat difficult... the mechanic is definitely souring my plans on making fully Pink Sapphire line. Given that we have no right to even decide what happens to the egg after it leaves the scroll, I most likely will avoid making that lineage, because I don't want to keep naming my dragons in order to ask people to return the Pink Sapphires offspring to me just so I can continue the lineage.

This is a huge shame as well really... to be forced to rely on mercy of person, who may not even dwell in forums... and return isn't even guaranteed. I really love the sprite, but I can't justify making lineage with them, when I take pride on being able to build them by myself. I'm definitely supporting any kind of change in regards of obtaining the Pink Sapphire variant. But until then, they are no go for lineages for me.