verwvberbvetra

Pink Sapphire mechanism

1 minute ago, sorenna said:

The people panicking over CB Sapphires never hitting the AP because they're rare right now aren't the same ones upset that blue ones will never hit the AP at all because of a permanent game mechanic.  The former can wait out the rarity hike, which will level out when the next big release comes along; the latter have no solution except "suck it up and deal" or hoping that the mechanic may be changed.

Sapphires are still commons. See Infi's comment regarding those. It's really not a big deal. 1-2 days extra to hatch a blue Sapphire is by far not the worst problem to have (nor is it unique to sapphires!)

Edited by schenanigans

Just now, schenanigans said:

Blues are still commons. See Infi's comment regarding those. It's really not a big deal. 1-2 days extra to hatch a blue Sapphire is by far not the worst problem to have (not is it unique to sapphires!)

Hey, if I have to suck it up and deal, I will!  But I see no reason not to add support to a thread suggesting the mechanism be changed, either; what have I got to lose?  :)

1 hour ago, sorenna said:

The people panicking over CB Sapphires never hitting the AP because they're rare right now aren't the same ones upset that blue ones will never hit the AP at all because of a permanent game mechanic.  The former can wait out the rarity hike, which will level out when the next big release comes along; the latter have no solution except "suck it up and deal" or hoping that the mechanic may be changed.

People keep missing out a very important detail here though related to Pink Sapphs (CB or not)- they depend on the good will of others to create. Right now is actually when we have plenty because of the novelty of release, this is not going to last. Those who are generously abandoning Sapphs for others will run out/burn out/stop at some point, so Pink Sapphs (especially CBs) are going to get rarer over the next 6 months because their method of existing is not sustainable in the long term. There needs to be an alternative method to create Pink Sapphs that doesn't rely on somebody else doing it for you.

So no, technically this is now a case of everyone has to "suck up and deal with it"- if a large portion of a player base, and I'm talking large enough to cause mods to post multiple warning messages in the initial release thread about how crit is posted, then maybe the problem isn't us. I hope that this is seen for what it is- constructive crit. If we didn't like your sprites/design/ideas, we wouldn't be here passionately discussing ways to help alleviate some of these problems. We like your work, we are all human and as such make mistakes, so we want to help make it better because again, we like your work. Popping in to comment on paradox/irony based off a few comments, without acknowledgement or suggestions based on the main parts of this discussion, is just adding fuel to the fire- OP didn't even make mention of CB Blue Sapphs in their post, their concern with Blue Sapphs being abandoned was for people building Blue Sapph lineages who now wouldn't be able to find Blue Sapphs in the AP (thank you again to Infinis for providing some suggestions on this).

Edited by Spicedpunch

21 minutes ago, Spicedpunch said:

People keep missing out a very important detail here though related to Pink Sapphs (CB or not)- they depend on the good will of others to create. Right now is actually when we have plenty because of the novelty of release, this is not going to last. Those who are generously abandoning Sapphs for others will run out/burn out/stop at some point, so Pink Sapphs (especially CBs) are going to get rarer over the next 6 months because their method of existing is not sustainable in the long term. There needs to be an alternative method to create Pink Sapphs that doesn't rely on somebody else doing it for you.

Sapphs, cb or otherwise, are not going to stop being abandoned. I don't know why everyone in this thread is acting like nobody will ever touch sapphs again. This is not going to be an extended problem. The ap has not been empty for literal years, and Sapphs have been a regular sight in the ap. They are a common, they're not like a xeno or something. I can apply this exact logic to holiday lineages if I really want, you've always had to rely on others goodwill to get beyond 3rd gen, but, people are always breeding holiday lines to the ap so others can have them, the same things going to keep happening with blue sapphires, as it has since their release.

21 minutes ago, Spicedpunch said:

OP didn't even make mention of CB Blue Sapphs in their post, their concern with Blue Sapphs being abandoned was for people building Blue Sapph lineages who now wouldn't be able to find Blue Sapphs in the AP (thank you again to Infinis for providing some suggestions on this).

This isn't even remotely true. Auto-abandoned eggs remain blue. I think after the hype dies down people will return to auto-abandoning sapphs so blues still exist, atm people are just trying to be nice by manually abandoning everything, but nobody is going to want to keep that up long term. Pink lines will probably be more often manually abandoned, but even then I see people auto-ing them for people that want to do alternating patterns.

tldr: pretend pink sapphires are like holidays, and collect or not as you do with holidays, I know some people refuse to do any linages with holidays cause they can't do it alone.

Keeping blues out of hatcheries will keep them blue, a bit of a pain, but not the end of the world. 

28 minutes ago, Spicedpunch said:

Popping in to comment on paradox/irony based off a few comments, without acknowledgement or suggestions based on the main parts of this discussion, is just adding fuel to the fire- OP didn't even make mention of CB Blue Sapphs in their post, their concern with Blue Sapphs being abandoned was for people building Blue Sapph lineages who now wouldn't be able to find Blue Sapphs in the AP (thank you again to Infinis for providing some suggestions on this).

CB Sapphires have existed in the AP way prior to this. You (general you) can find all kinds of CBs in the AP now! People grab and abandon things for all kinds of reasons - if anything, there's actually more of an incentive for them to do so now! This is a gross over exaggeration. Most of my blue CB sapphires were AP caught. 

I have already voiced my opinion and pointed out what I felt about the situation prior to me pointing out the irony. Jumping in and making accusations without checking more of the thread isn't really accomplishing much either.

Pointing out CB Blue Sapphires, while not mentioned in the OP, is necessary to consider as they, too, are affected by the abandon mechanic now. This is a relevant point. You can still obtain lineaged blues from auto abandoned breedings. 

Infi has already voiced what they are comfortable changing in regards to this mechanic. So I guess I'll just leave it at that. 

Dont quite care about yellow, yes for the suggestion on pink. I'd take anything other than the current one

And having only pink CBs available in AP (since obviously you'd need to abandon them to get them there and there's no auto for CB things) would be frustrating and does not make sense.

So how do I get 4k views on my two CB sapphires? Well, get them before they hatch, anyway? Do I have to wait for them to be at 2hr and use the ND site code refresher? 

5 hours ago, Tini said:

Sapphs, cb or otherwise, are not going to stop being abandoned. I don't know why everyone in this thread is acting like nobody will ever touch sapphs again. This is not going to be an extended problem. The ap has not been empty for literal years, and Sapphs have been a regular sight in the ap. They are a common, they're not like a xeno or something. I can apply this exact logic to holiday lineages if I really want, you've always had to rely on others goodwill to get beyond 3rd gen, but, people are always breeding holiday lines to the ap so others can have them, the same things going to keep happening with blue sapphires, as it has since their release.

Yes indeed - but building a lineage with them will be almost impossible. Sure others can help with holiday lines - and trade them. That won';t work with pinks - they have to go through the AP, where they are subject to a free-for-all.

I'd love to breed up a match for this:

image.png.5db9f927d21cff6e5b8569c5d27efd48.png

But to get it with a pink one.... not going to happen.

5 hours ago, Tini said:

This isn't even remotely true. Auto-abandoned eggs remain blue.

But CBs can never be autoabandoned.

5 hours ago, Tini said:

atm people are just trying to be nice by manually abandoning everything, but nobody is going to want to keep that up long term. Pink lines will probably be more often manually abandoned, but even then I see people auto-ing them for people that want to do alternating patterns.

Given this forum., I'm sure people will keep breeding to abandon, to be nice, But basically it will only really work for 2 gens.. The big issue here is that the mechanic greatly limits their usefulness for lineages. Which is a shame.

2 minutes ago, silvara7 said:

So how do I get 4k views on my two CB sapphires? Well, get them before they hatch, anyway? Do I have to wait for them to be at 2hr and use the ND site code refresher? 

I can't guarantee this.... but what I did was:

I got the eggs, incubated them, warded them, and then blitzed them in valley, allure, evina's and silvi's and also used an auto refreshers....

I left them like that for about 3 hours, by which time they had about 2000 views and were sick. Then I hid them for about 36 hours. Then I blitzed them like that all over again and they turned.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I can't guarantee this.... but what I did was:

I got the eggs, incubated them, warded them, and then blitzed them in valley, allure, evina's and silvi's and also used an auto refreshers....

I left them like that for about 3 hours, by which time they had about 2000 views and were sick. Then I hid them for about 36 hours. Then I blitzed them like that all over again and they turned.

Hmmmm. Educational! They're at 3 days and I'm heading for bed. Maybe I'll try that tomorrow. 

The issue with the Pink for me is the following. You can only get the pink Saphires you want (no matter if certain lineage or CB):

if someone abandons a Saphire

if it is the right typ (CB, certain lineage) being abandoned

if you are on the AP at the right time (seeing as remaining time on eggs varies, you can't even plan this)

if you see the egg on the AP fast enough

if you actually beat the other players on the AP

That quite honestly is a lot of ifs added up.

While this is a challenging tweak I think there should be another way. Infinis, a method you suggested, like the Pinks sometimes breeding true and the requirement of Stats being low would be a solution. This means it can be done with careful planning. It also fits the description of lonely Saphires if the stats are low. And as you said it makes the AP-Catching still the fastest method, while allowing players who have nothing worth trading for a lot of ifs, or who prefer to play alone still have a chance at getting them.

I managed to catch 4 so far and not one is the CB I really want for my scroll goals.

http://dc-auto-refresher.herokuapp.com/

This is a refresher, that you can use to boost OVs on your Dragon to turn it Yellow.

Edited by Nalyua

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

I managed to catch 4 so far and not one is the CB I really want for my scroll goals.

You are lucky though - you have 3 PBs. That's what I want - and I've only managed one ! (I have others, but PBs seem the best option; I've pretty much given up on CBs; I'll try to trade for them later.

I am trying to exchange what I got for a CB one.

Yes I am lucky, I have OKish stalking skills and access to good internet. Though this adds to my point: If you got crappy Internet you have no chance! Those times where I need to use the cell phone I stand as much chance on the AP as a Snowball in Hell.

Aside of that, all the catching skills in the world will do me no good if the lineage is not CB. Because to me it means they have next to no value since I cannot use them for anything.

Quite honestly I'm gonna give away those Gen2 if I can't trade them (multiple for one)  for the CB I need before they grow up because I simply don't need them for my goals. Handing them out here might give people without good Internet a chance, who don't care so much on lineage. Only reason why I am hanging on to those hatchies atm.

7 hours ago, Tini said:

tldr: pretend pink sapphires are like holidays, and collect or not as you do with holidays, I know some people refuse to do any linages with holidays cause they can't do it alone.

I can build a holiday 3G checker without getting anyone else involved at all, or I can arrange trades with other players for higher generations with specific mates of my choice. There are some parallels between pink sapphires and holidays if that happens to suit your playstyle already, but without something along the lines of Infi's second suggestion there are many things people enjoy doing with holidays which are still not possible with Pink Sapphires.

Aside of what @FiveSix just said, @Tini, why would I treat a Spahire as a Holiday when they clearly are not a Holiday? That's kinda a stale comparison.

1 hour ago, Nalyua said:

Quite honestly I'm gonna give away those Gen2 if I can't trade them (multiple for one)  for the CB I need before they grow up because I simply don't need them for my goals. Handing them out here might give people without good Internet a chance, who don't care so much on lineage. Only reason why I am hanging on to those hatchies atm.

If you are - I WILL find you something good as a trade... :) 

1 hour ago, FiveSix said:

I can build a holiday 3G checker without getting anyone else involved at all, or I can arrange trades with other players for higher generations with specific mates of my choice. There are some parallels between pink sapphires and holidays if that happens to suit your playstyle already, but without something along the lines of Infi's second suggestion there are many things people enjoy doing with holidays which are still not possible with Pink Sapphires.

How would you build a checker with pink sapphires when you have to drop them in the AP to turn them - thereby losing control of your egg.

@Fuzzbucket Exactly what I'm saying, you can't, or at least it will be a giant hassle.

I see what Tini is saying with Holidays, since many of them are sourced through the AP, but it's possible to build long, deliberate holiday lineages without any of the eggs ever touching the AP and subsequently being out of your control, whereas no such mechanism currently exists for Pink Sapphires. 

Also, much of the reason there are so many holidays in the AP during holidays is that they multiclutch, and player are literally forced to AP 1/2 to 3/4 of the eggs they breed, which clearly is not the case with Sapphires. I kind of doubt anyone is going to see multiclutches as the ideal solution here XD

5 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I'd love to breed up a match for this:

image.png.5db9f927d21cff6e5b8569c5d27efd48.png

But to get it with a pink one.... not going to happen.

This is another issue. I sometimes breed lineages and toss the eggs into the AP just to put something nice there for people to pick up. I know other people do as well. But if you have a lineage with blue sapphires it will get messed up if you toss the egg now. And with Holiday checkers like the one shown it will be impossible to pick up eggs from the AP to mate into existing checkers.

@UnicornMaiden With the existing mechanics, you can fill all your egg slots before breeding anything you want to send blue to AP - it will only turn pink if it first lands on your scroll and is then manually AP'd.

@FiveSix But that require me to deliberately pick up a bunch of eggs I don't want just to fill my scroll, then auto abandon, then abandon the placeholders. It's doable, but it's not worth the hassle.

@UnicornMaiden With constantly full AP it's kind of a moot point. Yes you actually gotta do a few clicks. But I think it's beside the point to do a few clicks extra.

Compared with the issue that actually OBTAINING the Pinks (even more if you need a specific lineage for your goals) is nearly impossible. Just saying, yes I can see how it might be annoying, but at least it is doable. :)

Edited by Nalyua

@UnicornMaiden It's so little effort that depending on how many eggs you plan to breed it can actually be less effort to do it that way. That particular aspect, from my perspective, is a perfectly reasonable adjustment to make for a new breed - much like adjusting the order in which you use BSAs for Cantors or spending a little time over hatching a Siyat or making note of what phase you're in before breeding Lunar Heralds or Fire Gems.

The crux of this thread is that obtaining CBs will rely exclusively on the generosity of other users yeeting to AP, and it will be effectively impossible to build any deliberate lineage of your own choosing with them short of recruiting a squad of pals to snipe your egg back to you from the AP (which is possible, yes, but shouldn't be a requirement).

Adding onto the "making it difficult to toss pretty lineages with Blue Sapphires into the AP" thing: yes, the breeder can fill up their slots so the egg will be auto-abandoned, but if someone picks up the egg and for some reason doesn't like the lineage or whatever and decides to abandon it, poof! Blue lineage is gone, the egg will turn pink.

And yes, one can argue that it could raise the value of the egg and it likely wouldn't be abandoned again, but for the breeder or someone who might have liked to keep the blue egg as it was if they had been the first to catch it, it sucks 😕 So this does greatly reduce the chance of catching pretty lineaged blue eggs from the AP, even if the breeders take the proper "precautions".

You could say that's part of the game, if you want something, you should/need to be the first to catch it. But in terms of lineages, where most of it is pretty much up to everyone's individual taste, it's different. If I pick up a lineage from pairings I don't like, I can throw it back into the AP without ruining it for someone else, no problem there... except for this particular case.

I don't think this is the biggest issue with the mechanic, the biggest problems have already been mentioned and discussed here, but it's yet another problem to add onto what's already been said.

Edited by Atalante
I don't know how to write, sorry

22 hours ago, dragongrrl said:

The 2 Sapphires I autoed to the AP on the 25th are still showing as blue eggs. Anything autoed will still be blue.

Just checked on the blue eggs.

The 2g pb must have been picked up and tossed back to the AP because it is pink now.

The 4th gen checker still remains blue.

As for trading for them: At this point I have tried to trade even CB Thunder & Ice for a CB Pin Saph without any success. I don't think anything short of a CB Gold, ND, Gen 2 SAlt oder Prize will get me one.

Which is kinda frustrating.

And yes I am aware that NRs are always a bit pricey, but this borders on the ridiculous considering that Saphs are not supposed to be rare.

I am also trading away 2 PB Breeding pairs of them (yes for 1 CB) and people have been offering multiple metallics.

Edited by Nalyua