TJ09

2020-10-25 - Halloween Event Begins!

announcement.png

This year we've brought back a favorite from the past: Valkemarian Tales. We have a brand new adventure for you to explore, full of secrets, puzzles, and exciting characters, old and new. The event will continue through November 1. Trick or Treat As in past years, we've come up with a number of treats (and a few tricks) for you to gather. You'll find them hidden throughout the site--just click on it to make it yours. You've got all week to collect the 50 treats. But this year there's a new surprise! All old treats have returned, and can be gathered once you've collected all of this year's treats. Happy hunting! Halloween Dragon Breeding Halloween dragons from previous years are breedable until November 1. New event dragons won't be able to breed until next year. Last year's Halloween event biome has returned. Grab previous Halloween dragons directly from the cave, but only until the event is over. There's no limits here either, so catch them before they're gone. A new dragon will be released on 10/31, and drop for 24 hours. After that, it's gone until next year.

WOOO!!! LET'S GO! Happy Halloween Everyone!!

Happy Halloween!

Some Valkemarian Tales: The Lost City music fun facts:

• I wrote all of it in Finale (a program I use a lot in school for musical theatre writing), and then mixed and produced it with the 90-day free trial of Logic Pro X. Free trials, woo!
  • The boss music, I couldn't have actually created intentionally if I wanted to. When I was mixing the Cave music, for some reason, any time I relaunched Logic, reopened the file, or changed the audio output, the celesta (the high-pitched bell-type sound) was sounding an octave lower than written with all those chaotic-sounding glitch noises. I shared it with some people working on the event and @Marrionetta suggested putting hip-hop beats on it, so I isolated the glitched part, threw some loops under it, and wrote it into the soundtrack because it somehow...just worked.
  • You only get to hear it once, but the Desert and Town tracks are set to blend from one into the other when you directly transition between the areas.
  • For the Sanctum music, I had to write out the celesta part from the Temple theme backward so that when I reversed it in Logic, the pitch pattern would be correct. It's otherwise unchanged from the Temple music––adds an extra degree of Halloween spookiness when you finish each temple.
  • My favorite tracks are the Lost City and Mountain themes.
Edited by Pixxelation

OMG old treats, we can get old treats finally!!!! YAY!! TJ actually does listen! (j/k!)

Oh shes down for me on mobile version, but I'm so excited to play once it's good! Thank you everyone!~

Edited by Ambzduh
Too excited to write properly lol

Happy Halloween! Awesome that the old treats are back, can't wait to collect them! :D

Edited by Aqub

Awww. I got an error when I tried to play the game. 

ETA: I got as far as far as entering my name. Then it takes me back to the home screen. If I hit continue playing, it just shows me the list of commands.

Edited by Jazeki