Homo_Ludens

Chicken color varieties

Hi! I didn't find a similar topic, so...

What if Chickens would have a small chance to grow up black or brown? 5-10% or maybe more.

Chickens are kind of a joke, so they aren't likely to get updates. Same reason over a dozen new dinosaurs were on the old completed list but will likely never actually be added to the game. 

If we were to get new chickens, the majority would prefer males/roosters over a color change.

Personally, I dont know that I'd want an alt for a hard to find unbreedable.

1 hour ago, DragonLady86 said:

That was exactly my thought when I saw this suggestion.

I love my little white chickens, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a few dark colored ones around.  They could be roosters, couldn't they?

It'd be cool if we did get a rooster maybe it could look something like this:

The most beautiful rooster I've ever seen! | Beautiful chickens

I've seen scrolls with a lot of collected chickens: a page or two full of them. It looked boring, that's why I started this topic.

But maybe they'll never change. It's Dragon Cave we play (not an All Animals Cave or something) and Chicken is just a funny unbreedable. But I'd like to get a black one))

Also, Rooster is awesome! But if we get a rooster, would they be able to breed?

4 hours ago, Homo_Ludens said:

I've seen scrolls with a lot of collected chickens: a page or two full of them. It looked boring, that's why I started this topic.

But maybe they'll never change. It's Dragon Cave we play (not an All Animals Cave or something) and Chicken is just a funny unbreedable. But I'd like to get a black one))

I believe that has already been nixed.

No interest in different colours but a rooster (also unbreedable) would be fun.

12 hours ago, DragonLady86 said:

Chickens are kind of a joke, so they aren't likely to get updates. Same reason over a dozen new dinosaurs were on the old completed list but will likely never actually be added to the game. 

If we were to get new chickens, the majority would prefer males/roosters over a color change.

This,I just need them to get males, but not alts, they are too rare and not even breedable

7 hours ago, Homo_Ludens said:

You should have a look at this scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/littleblackdog

1 or two pages of chicken, ha! 

That being said, I don't think it's a good idea for an unbreedable rare to have alts. If chickens were less rare or even breedable, that would be a whole different story. But the way they are now? Thanks, but no thanks.

6 hours ago, olympe said:

I don't think it's a good idea for an unbreedable rare to have alts. If chickens were less rare or even breedable, that would be a whole different story. But the way they are now? Thanks, but no thanks.

I'm with you. There's not even much point. And littleblackdog's scroll looks level with all those sane colour chooks. I DO wish there were more difference between the two stages of chicks though.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

20 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I DO wash there were more difference between the two stages of chicks though.

Washing our chickens now, are we? XD

But is there any difference at all?

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Washing our chickens now, are we? XD

But is there any difference at all?

The older one is slightly bigger. slightly.  I take it back, their is only one chick sprite according to the encyclopedia.

Edited by DragonLady86

I like the idea of different color chicks/chickens and I like roosters, but I think the animal is too rare right now for anyone to really experience the fun of it--except for the lucky few that have a lot of them. I'm not sure if this can be considered seriously. 

Unless they become more unobtainable I’d rather not have variants of them. And as others have said, if we do get any chicken related update, I’d like a rooster more than another hen color.

This could be subject of a Chicken collecting site :D

On 4/30/2020 at 2:39 PM, olympe said:

You should have a look at this scroll: https://dragcave.net/user/littleblackdog

1 or two pages of chicken, ha! 

5428 chickens 🤪😲   

roosters would be fun, but what I want most it's possibility of having more that one tree ;)

Edited by Spirulina

I'm fine with my one tree, and wouldn't object to more than one if it was offered but I wouldn't go out of my way to seek it. I'd love a rooster if it was able to be gotten and breed with my solitary one adult chicken [both it and the chick were just gifts from someone else] so I'd have more than an almost-zero chance of getting a chicken egg myself. ^^; 😅