we made it to Pittsburgh! :D

I'm sure I'll update in the morning :)

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

Yay! :D

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yay! :D

:D 

so tomorrow afternoon, about 1, we sell the old house.  we have the walk-though of the new house at 2, and then we have the closing settlement at 4:30.

....and then we set up the internet. (hopefully.  the internet set-up stuff from comcast/xfinity was delivered wednesday. XD 

and then.... dragons!

Johannes my Antarean grew up yesterday, and when i get regular internet again, i'll breed him to continue the lineage i did for the 20 Week Challenge :) 

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

Excellent!

And yay for good coworkers! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with marula jelly*

I have a luncheon and mini fashion show to attend today. The fashion show is of items from my thrift shop and was coordinated by one of my volunteers. Weirdly, I really have no desire to go. I think in part it's the "omg too many people in too small a space, and no mask mandate now, plus we'll be eating, and I can't get Covid," and in part it's that the last time I attended one of this organization's functions, they were rude and dismissive and my brain assumes that, nine years later, they won't have changed. :rolleyes: I keep trying to reassure myself all will be fine.

definitely yay!

Glad it went well anyway :3

14 hours ago, trystan said:

(and it also means that i have some (many?) almost 6-hour car rides in my future :blink:)

eeewww, 6hr car rides in Pa. I dont miss that lol

1 hour ago, trystan said:

I'm sure I'll update in the morning :)

YAY glad you guys made it safely!

58 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Guys! My dragon bit an egg to turn it into a vampire, and the others tossed it away! If you see it, I'd love to have it back. Just btw. ^^ If no one sees it or whatever, it's all good. 

https://dragcave.net/view/8slTZ

Will do my best. Best of luck friend!

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

eeewww, 6hr car rides in Pa. I dont miss that lol

but they're so much fun!

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

YAY glad you guys made it safely!

thanks! :) 

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Guys! My dragon bit an egg to turn it into a vampire, and the others tossed it away! If you see it, I'd love to have it back. Just btw. ^^ If no one sees it or whatever, it's all good. 

https://dragcave.net/view/8slTZ

I think it may be claimed by someone who's scroll is hidden love. It's at 4 days and 23 hours and has not shown in the AP once. 😕 I'm sorry.,

8 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

You need to change that to a lineage link, esp. as the egg's not yours. ;)

Alas, as Izzy says, chances of getting it back are slim.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

Hooray!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

There's supposed to be a camera crew coming to the shop this morning to follow up on their footage from the fashion show yesterday.

I also hope the guy we selected to build our shed comes to pick up his whopping cheque. He was meant to be there yesterday for it. If he can't pick up his pay on time... hopefully that's not indicative of how the rest of the project will go.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

There's supposed to be a camera crew coming to the shop this morning to follow up on their footage from the fashion show yesterday.

Fun!

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I also hope the guy we selected to build our shed comes to pick up his whopping cheque. He was meant to be there yesterday for it. If he can't pick up his pay on time... hopefully that's not indicative of how the rest of the project will go.

He's getting paid before he does the work?

of course, we had a literal last minute hiccup with the selling, but we got it worked out!

we've now sold the previous house and are on the way to buy the new one!

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

He's getting paid before he does the work?

I know, right? Most of the cheque was for the cost of the materials. He comes highly recommended by someone I trust so I'm hoping for the best. The cheque was picked up today, and ge plans to start bringing materials in tomorrow. Note to self: take a 'before' photo in the morning.

The camera crew never came. :P

1 hour ago, trystan said:

Yay!

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Failed my drinking coke check. Now I'm coughing. Ack!

*thumps back* You okay?

I ... bought LEGO today. *rolls eyes at self* It was advertised in a local WhatsApp Marketplace chat for 200, which I decided was too much, even after a friend drew it to my attention. Same friend tagged me when the lot went down to 150. Still seemed a tad high. A different friend told me about a LEGO lot in a completely different Facebook Marketplace, and lo, it turned out to be the same lot, now down to 100. That was within budget and reasonable for the contents. Turns out the family is moving to Italy next week, so they really wanted it gone. I now have several hours of sorting ahead of me!

2 hours ago, trystan said:

of course, we had a literal last minute hiccup with the selling, but we got it worked out!

Had to be one last hiccup, right?

Hope all goes smoothly with the new one!

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

He comes highly recommended by someone I trust so I'm hoping for the best.

🤞 Hope all goes well.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I ... bought LEGO today.

Woo Hoo! More LEGO! :D

1 hour ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Hope you're okay!

2 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

oh noes D;

44 minutes ago, Lagie said:

The camera crew never came. :P

I ... bought LEGO today. *rolls eyes at self* It was advertised in a local WhatsApp Marketplace chat for 200, which I decided was too much, even after a friend drew it to my attention. Same friend tagged me when the lot went down to 150. Still seemed a tad high. A different friend told me about a LEGO lot in a completely different Facebook Marketplace, and lo, it turned out to be the same lot, now down to 100. That was within budget and reasonable for the contents. Turns out the family is moving to Italy next week, so they really wanted it gone. I now have several hours of sorting ahead of me!

yay?
also, standard set of legos? what are you planning on building?

yay it's Friday *does a happy dance*

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Had to be one last hiccup, right?

of course!

and bought!! woo!!

I feel so much better now! :)

36 minutes ago, trystan said:

You can breathe again?

Glad the whole thing is done. Now for the settling in!

1 hour ago, WaterScorpion said:

yay?
also, standard set of legos? what are you planning on building?

Yay! It's a mishmash of several sets and random bits. I'm thrilled to see a few Minecraft sets in the booklets so I hope I'll find all of the pieces. The minifigs are literally in pieces so I'm not sure how many I'll find, but I've only dug down an inch so far.

55 minutes ago, trystan said:

and bought!! woo!!

Huzzah! Congrats!

The jury list for 2023 is now out. Guess who's on it again??? ****

Tips on telling someone how to get over someone? My little brother is never gonna get over this girl. 

CONGRATS @trystan!

You got to smother old memories by piling new memories on top of them until they give up.

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You got to smother old memories by piling new memories on top of them until they give up.

But... big things were just found out, and I can't bring myself to tell him. What do???

I dunno. That sounds like it needs a specific answer but without revealing details. I'm a hellhorse, not an FBI interrogator.

Am having Big Sads , all day today. Started last night round bed, kinda went away, came back, went away, has come back with a vengeance.

Main trigger right now is Ben is acting weird and unlike himself. He's been kind of distant and just...off the past 2 days. But he says he's "fine and no thing is wrong and NO he's not mad" at me....but it sure feels like something is wrong and/or he's mad at me. My best friend is asleep, my roommate isn't home (and wouldn't be much help anyway) and IDK what to do but sit here and try not to cry. Work sucked today too, things just wouldn't run right all day AND we have mandatory OT tomorrow.

🥺

6 hours ago, purplehaze said:

You can breathe again?

Glad the whole thing is done. Now for the settling in!

yes!

and yep!

6 hours ago, Lagie said:

Huzzah! Congrats!

6 hours ago, AsymDoll13 said:

CONGRATS @trystan!

thanks!