Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

^ the message I sent to the restaurant's FB page, with a photo of my receipt included. Grrr.

Oh my! Yes, I don't think I'd be in a hurry to go there again. Except it is probably convenient, right?

Lawn guy did not come today as I had hoped he would. To be fair, he came on Sunday the last time, so really isn't due until tomorrow. But I want to go to church tomorrow and run some errands after and I am not sure hubby is really up to dealing with him. *sigh*

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Oh my! Yes, I don't think I'd be in a hurry to go there again. Except it is probably convenient, right?

On the way home, so yeah, convenient. They replied almost immediately with an apology and a number to call, which I did, and spoke to a most apologetic lady.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Lawn guy did not come today as I had hoped he would. To be fair, he came on Sunday the last time, so really isn't due until tomorrow. But I want to go to church tomorrow and run some errands after and I am not sure hubby is really up to dealing with him. *sigh*

Shoot. Hope you get to do both.

One of my volunteers called this evening asking for help with his kleptomania. Urgh. Turns out he's been taking books from the shop to give to people to impress them. I'm not so sure I want him back. (Books are mostly $1 or 50 cents, not exactly expensive...) I'm not a psychiatrist; I have no clue how to help.

21 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have no clue how to help.

Not in your job description, is it? XD Must have taken some courage for him to call. No idea how to handle it, though.

4 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Not in your job description, is it? XD Must have taken some courage for him to call. No idea how to handle it, though.

It really isn't.

As for courage, not sure about that. He's feeling guilty already as he was seen by someone two weeks ago, someone who called and reported it to me, so we have already had a discussion about the issue last week... and then today he took another. Sigh.

Pulling off exactly 100 dmg in one round against the boss of a D&D one shot is a seriously satisfying feeling muhahaha.

7 hours ago, mishhelle said:

I get caught up in trying to decide if I need to keep or trash things and it slows everything down. good thing you’re getting a little break in between. 

i get that.

and i also make myself breaks, only working a little bit each day.  i'll set a timer for like an hour, and see what time it is and how i'm feeling when the timer goes off.  if i'm not feeling it, i stop for the night.

fun times.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

^ the message I sent to the restaurant's FB page, with a photo of my receipt included. Grrr.

oof, that's not right.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

oof, that's not right.

Indeed. Glad the other lady responded so quickly. She even thanked me for not blasting it out all over social media.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

Bright and sunny with a few clouds floating about. I finally found the washimg machine in this house, and can't figure out the settings as nothing's labelled. I think it will be easier to just go home, grab a few more days' clothes and wash everything when I get home. XD

Oh, and I have no voice from my hissy fit in the car yesterday after leaving the restaurant. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Pulling off exactly 100 dmg in one round against the boss of a D&D one shot is a seriously satisfying feeling muhahaha.

Con...grats? :D Whatever floats your boat, right? ;)

11 hours ago, Lagie said:

Good morning, CPA! B)

and now it's nighttime! i worked a weird shift of 11:45 to 4:15... seriously?

and then it was dinner time, and now i'm here.

doing some more packing later.

That is a strange shift, but better than no shift?

I've had a very quiet Sunday, mostly binging movies (Atlas Shrugged Part III, Cars 2, Cars 3, My Big Fat Greek Wedding) and doing LEGO, with a nap tossed in there and an attempt at swimming (the pool was too chilly with yesterday's rain).

45 minutes ago, Lagie said:

That is a strange shift, but better than no shift?

this is very true!

On 7/16/2022 at 7:16 PM, Marcus Pheonix said:

haha, oh man, I can imagine. 

3 hours ago, trystan said:

and now it's nighttime! i worked a weird shift of 11:45 to 4:15... seriously?

for some reason, when I read lagie's response to this, I was thinking 11:45pm to 4:15am :'D

25 minutes ago, WaterScorpion said:

for some reason, when I read lagie's response to this, I was thinking 11:45pm to 4:15am :'D

LOL!

and then the saturday at the end of the month the shift is shifted by 15 minutes - i'm working 12 noon to 4:30 p.m. - which is a more normal kinda shift. XD 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. The garbage truck just came rumbling by. This gated community has horrible speed bumps.

morning all.

still actually working at work XD

also maybe stalking the Desert and Forest for those last two pesky Hydras....

Grabbed all of the hydras from the market finally. lol. I'm too lazy to stalk now. 

Today, the Orkin guy is coming again. Let's go! lol Spent the morning cleaning. 

23 minutes ago, AsymDoll13 said:

Grabbed all of the hydras from the market finally. lol. I'm too lazy to stalk now. 

i hear you there. i ought to do that with my remaining 2..... when the time i'll need in the future isn't quite so crazy.  maybe one day this week.

I'm excited to have it done. lol

I wanna do a Blind Date with a Book so badly, but I don't think there are any near me. lol

I just finished The Librarian of Saint-Malo. It was a good read.

Restful and also productive day. Renet the next dog, did my food shopping, swapped stuff out at home, read, swam.

Had a good day with my friends. We hiked at one of the state parks nearby. It was hot, but such a lovely, peaceful place. Then we had a picnic lunch complete with cake and ice cream for the birthday of one of the ladies. And balloons and decorations and bubbles and presents. We do birthdays big. XD Even outdoor birthday parties.

That sounds like a lot of fun! :)

Watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and prepping a LEGO set to build. I'm a bit surprised at the pieces they've used.

we got more boxes out to the shed.... it's actually almost filled up :blink:

im almost done boxing my books. i will even be donating some.....and I still have a LOT of books!

Edited by trystan
:shrug:

o:

geeez, brings back bad memories of packing....but then again, I kinda hamstrung myself by working half-days while packing and having a month time limit :'D

Lagie why you gotta put me down like that!!!

Had a weird thing happen regarding my job search. A place I interviewed at had told me I got the job via a brief phonecall 3 weeks ago and said they'd be in touch. They never got in touch so after a week I started contacting another place that had shown interest. I trialed there and organised to start work... then yesterday got a text from the first place asking if I was coming in that day.

Turns out, they were under the impression that not only had they gotten back in contact with me, but they'd organised for me to start working.

I told em no, sorry.

2 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Lagie why you gotta put me down like that!!!

Aww, sorry. It wasn't meant to be a put down. *hugs*

2 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

Turns out, they were under the impression that not only had they gotten back in contact with me, but they'd organised for me to start working.

Oops. Yeah, as purplehaze said, you're probably better off elsewhere. Congrats on the other job!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Bright and sunny. I get to do paperworky stuff today at work (I hope!).

Toppage, page 779! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!