Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

i've been here for 13 years, and in May it'll be 13 years for that site too (magistream)

is that too long, asymdoll? XD

Nah. Not too long at all. xD

I can't wait until I'm somewhere for that long! What is magistream btw? I've never heard of it. 

heh cool

magistream is also a "clicky critter site," kinda somewhat similar to DC.  your eggs are in your Keep, and you fish eggs from a stream.  magi are magic users and wielders, and can have all kinds of neat creatures at their Keep.  the weird orange bird thing in my sig (it's a Potooto) takes you to my keep, and the main site is at magistream.com :)

12 minutes ago, trystan said:

oooh very cool!

so Izzy started september 08, purple was october 08, and i was december 08! :)

Anyone for November? XD

hehehe

oooh, i found a vampire on the AP - it was a CB egg.  i've gotten a few of those.  i do wish i knew what it was before it was bit though.....

That's cool! I keep finding Xenowyrms there. People must be breeding them. 

i'm stalking the AP for Hydrophidius eggs for my Star Wars characters; and a Vremya for another Doctor Who character.  if i find another vampire, i hope it comes from an egg that was red, for another character from House of Night.  i'm also waiting until three of my vamps can bite again (for two of them, that's next week) for more vampires from Forever Knight.  i like stalking the AP because of the shortened time.  and they're incuhatchable right now, so that's a really shortened time until hatching! XD  (yes, i am a little impatient, why do you ask? XD)

I'm just trying to get my hands on some CB Ameralds and Magi dragons. lol. It's not going well. 

So many things you're looking for! I wish you luck! ^^

and the thing is i'm not always on the AP, and then i'm doing other stuff, so i'm not refreshing all the time every day.  i forget sometimes too.

i can add what you're looking for on my list of "stuff to stalk for others when i remember" too ;) - i've also been known to grab eggs i'm looking for for others from the AP and if they're bred i toss 'em back XD

Edited by trystan

My first adult - June, 2009

I had a batch of dead eggs in April that year because I didn't know what I was doing.

Crazy shop day.  I will be glad when we close for Christmas week.

I'm pretty sure my first dragons would have died, too, if I hadn't found the forum and gotten help from more experienced players, who directed me to fan sites.

i first found the Cave via LiveJournal - people on my friends' list (aka feed) were posting them.  so i found a few communities and picked up some tips from those pages.  and i even started my own community as well.... it's still up, too! XD   also, just posting the egg or hatchie image in those communities was how i got my zero-click dragons, too. :D 

Yes, by June, I'd learned that! (And I forgot to link the dragon. :rolleyes: https://dragcave.net/view/78Fl - nice -th name as if she were an Anne McCaffret dragon. Tamath is actually a street name in Vancouver.)

I found DC via a beautiful white dragon in @Fizzix's signature at the SyFy forums.

I genuinely cant remember how i found this place. I knew it from some other forum, which i cant remember the name of, but never made an account, and then... idk?

My first dragon is a purple dorsal named "Chorus Fruit Eater the First", i gave it the description (not approved) "SomeRandomCorviknight's first dragon. Likes to eat chorus fruit, apparently." XD  

• Stolen on:Jan 28, 2021
  • Hatched on:Jan 31, 2021
  • Grew up on:Feb 03, 2021

I first found DC through a link in someone's signature on the Gaia Online forums.

My oldest adult dragon grew up on July 21, 2013. https://dragcave.net/lineage/oJ4DB

Funny thing is, I have taken so many breaks from DC that I only have to years (2013 and 2015) of CB Christmas dragons and one year (2014) of CB Valentines. My longest hiatus was from October 2018-March of 2021.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

SyFy forums

pretty sure back then it was actually SciFi? i used to love that station, and then **************** happened. XD 

9 hours ago, trystan said:

pretty sure back then it was actually SciFi? i used to love that station, and then **************** happened. XD 

I think I found the forums just before the name change and downhill slide.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and croissants with butter and jam*

*adds doughnuts for good measure*

Today is going to be a doughnut day.

Good morning, CPA!

*sits down with a cup of coffee and a doughnut*

I remember my mother making donuts. It may have been one of those things she only did once and then said "Never Again!" (like the gingerbread house) but it made an impression. :)

Today is a shopping day. Aldi has hams on sale and I am thinking I may get one for Christmas dinner. I know I don't want to do turkey again. But my daughter really doesn't like ham. I will make mac and cheese, too, though and she loves that. So she will forgive me. I was thinking of doing a pasta bake, but I like the ham idea better.

I don't currently have any poultry, just Dovey. But I've raised lots of chickens including some silkies, a flock of geese, and a few ducks. 

I feel a bit bad for silky chickens. They want to roost up high when it gets dark like any chicken, but they have no flight feathers on their wings, so all they can do is hop. It was pretty funny though when a little gray hen tried to use an empty cardboard box as a roost and the box flipped over on her, trapping her underneath. Needless to say, it wasn't much effort to go get her to bring her in for the night.

Edited by Long_Before_Sunrise

Doughnuts for snack, pizza for a late lunch. I'm glutened out! XD

We did over 1200 today - in four hours. I'm exhausted!

10 hours ago, Lagie said:

I think I found the forums just before the name change and downhill slide.

i loved the scifi forums back in the day - like 98 through 2001 XD 

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Silky chicken showing off its fashionable outfit.

oh very cute!

i adulted way more than i wanted to today. *sigh*

Edited by trystan

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

i adulted way more than i wanted to today. *sigh*

Eat ice cream for dinner to balance it out.