Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

4 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

@FortyTwo ok so I was using the lineage builder to map out a lyrical lineage I wanted to do, but the nebula dragons are being weird. I was going for a spiral, and for some reason when I get to the 4th gen, it stops gendering them right so the spiral is not spiraling anymore.

Hide contents

l9khlvP.png?1

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or is some sort of error/bug. Thought I'd let you know.

edit: I think it might just be the green male alt actually. let me test further.

Good catch. So I think the problem is the nebulas are a special case with their dimorphism. Males are green or purple. Females are blue or red. Right now the code doesn't differentiate and thinks the nebula is one breed with 4 variations. See, you've put the green nebula in as a male but the red is only a female however you've made it male.

Edit: I've put some new code in, but you might have to hard-refresh. Let me know if you run into anything else. The nebula breed is now stored internally as two alts: Purple-Blue and Green-Red.

Spirit, I'm really sorry to hear it's a struggle right now. :( We have a cavalier with a heart murmur, we took her in today and it's progressed to a top 6, but luckily, the meds our new vet gave us 6 months ago mean she's actually in better shape than she was before the meds. And she's quite happy, not in pain, even with the coughing. Just a little bit of hope for you, I hope.

Edited by FortyTwo

oh spirit, i'm so sorry {{hugs}}

as for TJ's codes on the NR dragons, a LOT of people on the NR thread are all "ooooh, a four letter code! in 2021! i wonder what that means?!" and i really really want to say something like "TJ is DragonGod, his NR codes can be whatever the heck he wants them to be!"  but it's nice to see his fun codes are back, and not just random ones!

and speaking of NR - i hatched mine, and grabbed another Witchlight from the AP.  there was a character from a tv show that i'd missed (bad fan!), so i renamed the Witchlight i'd gotten before halloween with the new character's name... and grabbed another one to name it the name i set aside. ....i'm a dork, i know. XD

21 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Good luck. Anything electronic causes me anxiety, so I can empathize!

THANKS! I‘ll try it this evening because I already failed miserably yesterday OTL… Ugh

1 hour ago, trystan said:

oh spirit, i'm so sorry {{hugs}}

as for TJ's codes on the NR dragons, a LOT of people on the NR thread are all "ooooh, a four letter code! in 2021! i wonder what that means?!" and i really really want to say something like "TJ is DragonGod, his NR codes can be whatever the heck he wants them to be!"  but it's nice to see his fun codes are back, and not just random ones!

and speaking of NR - i hatched mine, and grabbed another Witchlight from the AP.  there was a character from a tv show that i'd missed (bad fan!), so i renamed the Witchlight i'd gotten before halloween with the new character's name... and grabbed another one to name it the name i set aside. ....i'm a dork, i know. XD

TJ literally has a 2-digit code. XD So another 4-digit code doesn't comes as a surprise to me.

Hope all of you have been well, despite everything going on in the world. Best of luck to you all in what ever you are facing, right now.

Well, I am bummed. :( TJ just closed the suggestion thread about being allowed to influence low-time eggs, saying he has no plan to do that. I guess it is better that way than the hundreds of threads that he just leaves hanging there with no word at all.

But it really hurts to see all the beautifully lineaged eggs in the AP right now that precog wrong, making it impossible to continue those lineages! I am almost out of Aeons at this point and I have a lot more of them than I did at this time last year.

8 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

I already had to let Muggie go in January and then it was Pikkewyn who got parvo before Easter. And not to mention the loss of my aunt. If I loose Tigger I might just break

That is a lot in one year. :( *hugs* Hang in there!

9 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

You're supposed to afraid of me, not some little computer program.

but large numbers :terror:

Hello CPA proudly texting you from my new laptop which I finally managed to set up! (Witch a little (MUCH) help from my s/o) 💗🎉

yaay for new laptops! :D 

my chromebook told me it was at the "end of update" life, and if i wanted updates, i'd need to buy a new one.  BUT - it's still updating, so.... XD 

Hooray for a new laptop!

I sooo looking forward to getting back on mine when I go house sitting on Sunday. I have over 100 dragons to update and shift.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I have over 100 dragons to update and shift.

Yikes! I moved about 40 last week and thought that was a lot.

i've learned i gotta move them when they grow up, or that'll threaten to become my new scroll order XD 

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

Yikes! I moved about 40 last week and thought that was a lot.

Yeah. It's daunting. I try to set myself a goal of ten a day so I don't get overwhelmed, and of course I start with the easy ones that already have places to go to. New releases slow me down because I need to figure out where on my scroll they will go.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

i've learned i gotta move them when they grow up, or that'll threaten to become my new scroll order XD 

Can't do that on the phone, alas, plus there are two and sometimes three spreadsheets involved. And a powerpoint, if they're described, which two of them are.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Can't do that on the phone, alas, plus there are two and sometimes three spreadsheets involved. And a powerpoint, if they're described, which two of them are.

oh yikes.  that's a lot.  i have two tabs on my spreadsheet, maybe a third.  but no powerpoints.  i have like 2 dragons described, Frick and Frack, and i think that's it. XD 

51 minutes ago, trystan said:

yaay for new laptops! :D 

my chromebook told me it was at the "end of update" life, and if i wanted updates, i'd need to buy a new one.  BUT - it's still updating, so.... XD 

I am so thankful! I got the „old“ mac book pro from my s/o‘s brother! He always wants to get the newest stuff so I get his used stuff for about 100€ ;v; 💖

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Hooray for a new laptop!

I sooo looking forward to getting back on mine when I go house sitting on Sunday. I have over 100 dragons to update and shift.

Ohh how do you shift dragons? Or move them? What is it good for? <:

1 minute ago, Venodeen said:

Ohh how do you shift dragons? Or move them? What is it good for? <:

If you look top center on your scroll you will see "change sort order". Clicking on that takes you to a page with options for sorting your dragons.

It changes the order your dragons show on your scroll. There are many different reasons people have for putting them in different orders.

17 minutes ago, Venodeen said:

I am so thankful! I got the „old“ mac book pro from my s/o‘s brother! He always wants to get the newest stuff so I get his used stuff for about 100€ ;v; 💖

oh i'm perfectly fine in my chromebook still working! i'm trying to save for one, and i think i'm about 1/2 way there.  and when i do buy one, i'd like to get it from a store.  these days, with the supply chain as wonky as it is? i'm glad i can wait a little longer. :D 

oh, shifting dragons.  i have a bunch of dragons at the top of my scroll, but when you get to the Aeons, the rest of my scroll is breed order.  that makes it the easiest for me to sort.

Edited by trystan

8 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

Good catch. So I think the problem is the nebulas are a special case with their dimorphism. Males are green or purple. Females are blue or red. Right now the code doesn't differentiate and thinks the nebula is one breed with 4 variations. See, you've put the green nebula in as a male but the red is only a female however you've made it male.

Edit: I've put some new code in, but you might have to hard-refresh. Let me know if you run into anything else. The nebula breed is now stored internally as two alts: Purple-Blue and Green-Red.

Will do! I'll take another crack at it later and let you know what I find :3 Thanks for being on it so quickly!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

oh, shifting dragons.  i have a bunch of dragons at the top of my scroll, but when you get to the Aeons, the rest of my scroll is breed order.  that makes it the easiest for me to sort.

I wish I'd done that! But no... I went and custom sorted my then-much-smaller scroll into rhythms and patterns and some colours, so now it's hard to decide where each new dragon breed will go. :rolleyes:

i used to have it sorted by rainbow, and some other random sorts.... but then one time i oopsed on the autosort and it was then sorted by breed. i decided i liked it that way, and pulled out some of my faves and my lil' Frozens :) and my highlighed groups is my DragonDex and my 2021 dragons. :) 

Mine is custom sorted and goes:

eggs

Hatchies (Eggs and Hatchies are usually named and moved after they reach adult hood, sometimes I name them sooner.)

Leetle Tree

Guardian

My trio of Ice, Magma, Thunder (once I have a successful Summon, My GoN will be directly under them)

All my BSA breeds

Thuweds/Dorkfaces

Special creatures/Dragons (Usually gifts from friends)

Halloween

Valentines day

Christmas

Gaurdian

Lineages, with the most recent ones on top for ease of access

Pygmies

Stripes

Seasonals in order of season

and then semi rainbow/color sorted (I did this manually and it's a bit off because I don't see color correctly sometimes)

I just found the groups option this morning and did that as well, so if I need something specific I can just look in that group instead of on my long scroll lol.

Izzy - a lot of the sections on your scroll i have in groups on mine ~ my DragonDex.  there's still one group that doesn't have a lil' Frozen yet