Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

What am I supposed to do then? Put socks on? That's crazy talk.

XD You sound like me talking to my fiancé! His usual response is to pick up our dog and plop him down inbetween us to be a living footwarmer.

Edited by BringsTheSnow

I save my pumpkins. I'm naughty. When they start to go bad, I carve then and set them out along the road....at Easter or May. One lasted until June!

People have forgotten that it's literally what pumpkins were developed for... to last through winter until spring provides new crops.

Brrr, it got chilly here all of a sudden (or, well, I'm just now feeling it). I might have to go put socks on myself lol I'm already in long sleeves and pants and I'm STILL cold (I have a hormone imbalance so I usually run hot, so when I'm cold, it's COLD)

Thermostat says 69 though so it's not really that cold inside, but that means outside is likely chilly at best. Yay. I have to go outside in a few hours for therapy. Well, at least is sunny? It could be cold AND wet.

7 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

What am I supposed to do then? Put socks on? That's crazy talk.

🤨 *looks at my crocheted socks i'm wearing* ahem. they're quite cozy, thankyouverymuch.

18 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

XD You sound like me talking to my fiancé! His usual response is to pick up our dog and plop him down inbetween us to be a living footwarmer.

the problem with the living furry footwarmers... or bedwarmers....is that they get very hot quickly.  there's been many times a sleeping cat on the bed has caused me to try to figure out how to toss off the covers because the bed was QUITE TOASTY. XD

3 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Thermostat says 69 though so it's not really that cold inside, but that means outside is likely chilly at best.

ah, this is the PITA time of year when the temp outside makes it wonky inside so you don't know what to wear where you are

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

ah, this is the PITA time of year when the temp outside makes it wonky inside so you don't know what to wear where you are

Yup, which is why I have been getting ready earlier in the day than I need to, so I can step outside and sit for a moment and actually gauge the temperature, so I can dress accordingly lol. I have a love/hate relationship with Ohio. Very few and far between are the natural disasters, and my area is relatively crime free, but the weather absolutely SUCKS half the time, and is unpredictable year round.

1 minute ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I have a love/hate relationship with Ohio. Very few and far between are the natural disasters, and my area is relatively crime free, but the weather absolutely SUCKS half the time, and is unpredictable year round.

hey neighbor! i'm in PA.... where we can have Nor'easters, hurricanes, cold snaps, heat waves....and icky sticky humidity. it's not fun, but i really don't know if i'd like to live anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, trystan said:

hey neighbor! i'm in PA.... where we can have Nor'easters, hurricanes, cold snaps, heat waves....and icky sticky humidity. it's not fun, but i really don't know if i'd like to live anywhere else.

Hi Neighbor! I despise your road systems in PA. I had friends that live in Duquesne that I use to visit regularly. Friggin' nightmare getting there anyway you slice it. That like 6 lane bridge ya'll have? Hate it lol anxiety inducing monstrosity. Other than that, I rather enjoy PA. Absolutely stunning sunset views. And amazing foods places!

One of these days, I plan on actually going to Kennywood. I STILL haven't gotten to go yet, and am sorely disappointed.

8 minutes ago, trystan said:

the problem with the living furry footwarmers... or bedwarmers....is that they get very hot quickly.  there's been many times a sleeping cat on the bed has caused me to try to figure out how to toss off the covers because the bed was QUITE TOASTY. XD

Yeah... I don't get that problem! I think room temperature should be about 76 degF. If it is cold outside (read less than 60 deg), I want mounds of blankets on top of me while I hug a hot water bottle.:D

Hello from Virginia! Kinda similar to PA weather but not exactly the same. We have sweltering humid summer heat, high rainfall, low snowfall, and every kind of environmental allergen possible grows here. But I love it! I grew up here, traveled some, and moved back home cuz I missed it so much.

24 minutes ago, IzzyCat91 said:

I had friends that live in Duquesne that I use to visit regularly. Friggin' nightmare getting there anyway you slice it. That like 6 lane bridge ya'll have? Hate it lol anxiety inducing monstrosity.

so Pittsburgh has more bridges than Venice..... google says 446! Pittsburgh is a messy drive, i'll admit i'd rather drive on I-95 instead of in Pittsburgh.  my younger daughter goes to Pitt, but we live all the way at the other end of the state, near Philly, and i hate Philly driving too! XD

27 minutes ago, BringsTheSnow said:

Hello from Virginia! Kinda similar to PA weather but not exactly the same.

hello near-by neighbor! don't forget to vote tomorrow!  i'd say vote Blue, but this isn't the thread for that..... my brother lives in Maryland, so we're all kinda neighbors! :D

And I live in Maryland, so we have the territory pretty well covered.

@IzzyCat91 I used to live in Pittsburgh and driving around there is definitely a nightmare.

I had a friend from college who lived so close to Kennywood that that was how she gave directions to her house -- follow the Kennywood signs! It used to be a really nice, unique place, but it has changed and "modernized" a lot and doesn't appeal to me as much any more. It has been years since we went there, anyway, because we have no family left in the area, but we used to take our kids there every summer.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

And I live in Maryland, so we have the territory pretty well covered.

woo hoo!

although when it gets cold enough, i might start plotting to visit Lagie.  although, i might want to wait until covid isn't a thing anymore.... XD

5 hours ago, IzzyCat91 said:

Good morning CPA! 

Have fun and be safe!

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nice!

I've heard mixed reviews. Hope you enjoyed it!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunshine!

And I've just realized this morning I should have had the doctor refill my prescription last week so now I have to get that sorted before the last bottle runs out. *headdesks*

Thank you! Unfortunately I was very disappointed in the movie but I was so thankful for the great time with my bf and his family so it was a great day after all! 💖

Sorry to hear that you guys are struggling with cold weather;0; winter in germany is rather mild but i am cold all the time anyway lmao

I am so anxious because I have to set up my new laptop in the upcoming week for my virtual job training and I am so afraid because its gonna be so much to transfer from my old pc 😖 ugh wish me luck pls

3 hours ago, trystan said:

although when it gets cold enough, i might start plotting to visit Lagie.  although, i might want to wait until covid isn't a thing anymore.... XD

Probably wise not to go there just yet. It sounds like their numbers are still pretty high.

2 hours ago, Venodeen said:

I am so anxious because I have to set up my new laptop in the upcoming week for my virtual job training and I am so afraid because its gonna be so much to transfer from my old pc 😖 ugh wish me luck pls

Good luck. Anything electronic causes me anxiety, so I can empathize!

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Probably wise not to go there just yet. It sounds like their numbers are still pretty high.

agreed :( 

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Anything electronic causes me anxiety, so I can empathize!

so here's the funny thing - while i'm good with computers, hardware and software - i like to call myself computer-friendly - i do get this weird, unsettling feeling in my stomach whenever i need to upgrade, download and install something new, or otherwise tweak something that can affect how the computer works.  i like to think i know what i'm doing, but i still get that weird feeling every. single. time.

in other news, it probably comes as NO surprise that we have failed as foster kitty parents.  Nicholas and Aemon are now permanent residents of the North Park Cat Sanctuary (as hubby calls our house.)

2 hours ago, purplehaze said:

They are finally trending in the right direction, but yeah, wait a bit!

New cat to the feeding station is upsetting everyone. A ginger, probably a tom. One more to catch and neuter...

33 minutes ago, trystan said:

North Park Cat Sanctuary (as hubby calls our house.)

That sounds like an accurate name, from your descriptions. 🤣

2 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

angre meow. 

?

What's upset you?

1 minute ago, BringsTheSnow said:

North Park Cat Sanctuary (as hubby calls our house.)

XD

Oh weird. It was @trystan's post.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

?

What's upset you?

the cats are upset, not me! 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

New cat to the feeding station is upsetting everyone. A ginger, probably a tom. One more to catch and neuter...

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

They are finally trending in the right direction, but yeah, wait a bit!

well i do also kinda need this thing called a passport too!

1 hour ago, BringsTheSnow said:

That sounds like an accurate name, from your descriptions. 🤣

what? just cause there's 11 cats here now? XD 

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

well that's rude of him....

52 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

the cats are upset, not me! 

Ah, yes. They are.

20 minutes ago, trystan said:

well i do also kinda need this thing called a passport too!

That would be useful, yes.

I suppose it's too early for bed?

2 hours ago, trystan said:

so here's the funny thing - while i'm good with computers, hardware and software - i like to call myself computer-friendly - i do get this weird, unsettling feeling in my stomach whenever i need to upgrade, download and install something new, or otherwise tweak something that can affect how the computer works.  i like to think i know what i'm doing, but i still get that weird feeling every. single. time.

As you should be! Those damn Windows and browser updates breaking things! 🤣 With anything I never upgrade software to the newest version unless it's for security. Let everyone else have the trouble with it first.

47 minutes ago, Lagie said:

I suppose it's too early for bed?

well, hubby has taken naps about this time before, so.... sure!

45 minutes ago, FortyTwo said:

As you should be! Those damn Windows and browser updates breaking things! 🤣 With anything I never upgrade software to the newest version unless it's for security. Let everyone else have the trouble with it first.

when i was using Ubuntu, i'd always wait until well after the 4.# release to make sure all the bugs had been fixed before i updated my system.... but while it was updating i was always nervous about it.  now i keep my chromebook updating, because security.

edit~ 

Claim

An image shows a genuine black licorice-flavored hot dog product called "Hallowieners."

Rating: False

False

Edited by trystan