Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

I used to get so annoyed with the washing machines at uni when they would eat up coins and not actually wash our laundry.

2 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

I used to get so annoyed with the washing machines at uni when they would eat up coins and not actually wash our laundry.

Frustrating, isn't it? The dryer ate a round of quarters and then the washer did the same. That's $3.00 I could have used...

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. Please stay sunny.

P.S. I have a second gen pink sapphire from blues if any of you would like it.

Edited by Lagie
P.S.

my younger daughter has off-campus housing this year - technically it's a condo, but it's a cute little house.... and her washer and dryer are like the kind you'd find in a house. :D

hullo everyone. it's not too bad outside. i have some eggs to hatch tonight, and some breeding to do this afternoon.  maybe i'll get another wine/peach Iris, unrelated to the unpaired one i already have? :)

I had my walk with my friends this morning. It was a nice morning for it. Started out fairly cool, but got warmer and more humid by the time we were done.

Last week Ida kept us from walking and I really missed the time together.

Today is a grocery shopping day. I don't really need too much this week, except fresh produce and milk.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

The dryer ate a round of quarters and then the washer did the same. That's $3.00 I could have used...

It costs about $3 to use one old-style laundrymat washing machine here. More if you need one of the big ones for an large comforter or something.

They can't raise the price on the old ones any higher, though, because it only has so many quarter slots.

8 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It costs about $3 to use one old-style laundrymat washing machine here. More if you need one of the big ones for an large comforter or something.

They can't raise the price on the old ones any higher, though, because it only has so many quarter slots.

I won't complain about my $1.50/ load then...

It rained during shop hours. BAD clouds! We still did okay, though.

we're supposed to get rainstorms tonight, and so more flood watches!  of course, tomorrow is trash and recycling pick up.... so my trash cans AND recycle bins are down at the curb. i really don't need rain in my trash cans. yeesh.

and my area doesn't need any more rain either, thanks Ida! :P 

Someone is making a large song linage with celestials, it seems. I caught 3, going to name them entertaining things when they hatch.

3 hours ago, trystan said:

we're supposed to get rainstorms tonight, and so more flood watches!  of course, tomorrow is trash and recycling pick up.... so my trash cans AND recycle bins are down at the curb. i really don't need rain in my trash cans. yeesh.

and my area doesn't need any more rain either, thanks Ida! :P 

Ditto! Except our trash day was today, so I don't have that to worry about.

Severe thunderstorm warnings until midnight and flash flood warnings until 6 am.

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Someone is making a large song linage with celestials, it seems. I caught 3, going to name them entertaining things when they hatch.

Ooooh! Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :)

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Severe thunderstorm warnings until midnight and flash flood warnings until 6 am.

yeah, that sounds like here, except out flood watch goes until 4 a.m.

3 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I can help with names! why don't I have a two-headed named for Zaphod? oooooh..... 🤔

4 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I've always wanted to make a lyrical linage to the l'manburg anthem (parody song) 

If anyone ever needs help with naming their dragons  you can always view my scroll /j

image.thumb.png.cd4aa00a4a2606618b551607e19d430f.pngimage.png.be0aedcc5abab0ae26d02f777ce9ddd1.pngimage.png.7c378f7ca6026c874999d2ad3cc27ead.png

image.png.9d51b5d6090e0a2211eecbe8b1063574.pngimage.png.569a6d28ae66b764bf57592db3eceaf0.pngimage.png.f1f248c2cd5718388eb9538b71cc09db.png

@trystan, why does my brain insist I'm seeing Sutekh from Doctor Who as your avatar instead of the lovely dragon I do actually know is there?

@SomeRandomCorviknight, I think that was Shadowdrake. They mention celestials iver in Tiny Little Questions.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Sunny so far. I don't trust our weather right now, though. At least we got the front table dried off and recovered before yesterday's rain started.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

@trystan, why does my brain insist I'm seeing Sutekh from Doctor Who as your avatar instead of the lovely dragon I do actually know is there?

good question....

Spoiler

Sutekh-1-.jpg 

1050bca98ce767cc8e9c2f881980e9ea_large.jpg

....i'm not seeing it though

yep, it's rainy here today.

....i'm not seeing it though

In the large picture, no, but in the avatar-size image I can see how your eye could trick you.

yep, it's rainy here today.

We have had a few sprinkles, but not as much as they predicted -- at least not yet.

And our heavy thunderstorms and flash floods never materialized last night, either.

No sun today, though.

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

In the large picture, no, but in the avatar-size image I can see how your eye could trick you.

*looks again*

yeah, i guess i can kinda see it in the smaller pics

20 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

No sun today, though.

it's been cloudy and rainy here today too.  don't know if we had the t-storms and rain they predicted, i was in bed kinda early for me last night!

@Lagie - i'm reading the Thousandth Floor series!  tell me they explain in the first book why there's the Towers in the major cities? :)

As soon as my Coral pygmy and Xeno Pharos hatch I will be trying EQ on a scroll full of 6 Shumoga eggs that will be between 3d 4h and 4d 18h (unincubated and all fogged with stage 5 cracking). I am really hoping to turn at least 4 of them, but not really expecting it.

Edited by purplehaze

42 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I will be trying EQ on a scroll full of 6 Shumoga eggs

good luck! i've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.

also, i only have 2 CB Water dragons. huh.

time to stalk the coast.  maybe i can get a few more for my Pyropellis Plan.... XD

*looks again*

yeah, i guess i can kinda see it in the smaller pics

it's been cloudy and rainy here today too.  don't know if we had the t-storms and rain they predicted, i was in bed kinda early for me last night!

@Lagie - i'm reading the Thousandth Floor series!  tell me they explain in the first book why there's the Towers in the major cities? :)

I have teeny avatar pics on mobile...

I think so...? to your book question.

I had a volunteer today, new to us, who I kept having to remind about her mask. She kept pulling it down so she could breathe... and it wasn't even a heavy cloth one. She can't stay if she's going to keep doing that.

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I have teeny avatar pics on mobile...

this is true! i do pop on the forum on my phone sometimes

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

I think so...? to your book question.

i kinda want to know why there's the Towers.  what happened to the rest of the city....?

yeesh. wear your masks over the nose, people! *sigh*

Well, that was fun. :(

5/6 killed, 1 unaffected after 7 tries.

One of the dead ones was a z-code, too.

I guess I will try the last one again later, but I don't really hold out much hope.

I knew I used up all my luck on my first batch.

booo! i'm sorry.

i snagged two Nocturnes from the AP for my vamps to bite....

they bit, and the eggs died.

yeesh.

Bad enough losing all those eggs, but now they are taking up space on my scroll for a whole day. :angry: Same, with your vamp bites. :(

yep!  and i just freed up 2 slots over the last three days.  and i have another egg clearing in about an hour and a half too!

eh, by the time those vamps can bite again, it'll be another month, so.....

Edited by trystan

That's a lousy success rate, @purplehaze. :(

I was fortunate with my two earthquake attempts but I only did one egg each time (and the second egg took a second earthquake... and hatched). So I have my two skittish and probably won't bother with more.

oops, i've been mixing my days up.  i have a ead egg that's supposed to clear tomorrow - Friday - night, not tonight.

there's times where i know i know what today it.  i did my usual thursday things - getting bagels, backing up our database file at work, my two zoom calls.  i KNOW it's thursday.  my calendar says the dead egg disappears on friday.  for a moment though, i thought that was tonight. *sigh*

Edited by trystan