Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

1 minute ago, purplehaze said:

XD That's funny. Didn't mean to get you lost. I'm sure TLQ will appreciate the food.

Oh, I've edited it out already but I've had a good real-life belly laugh over my error. XD

1 hour ago, Lagie said:
1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

XD That's funny. Didn't mean to get you lost. I'm sure TLQ will appreciate the food.

Oh, I've edited it out already but I've had a good real-life belly laugh over my error.

tee hee *scampers off to read*

8 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

I slept through two flash flood alerts.

:blink: yikes! stay safe!

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Hope you are in a safe place.

I get flash flood alerts all the time, but I am on high ground, so don't worry much about them unless I need to go somewhere that has roads that do flood.

so.  my blue Siyat hatched.

i got another Siyat egg from the Notice Board.  this one will be green because waiting is NOT my strong suit! XD

i have two more sleeps until my purple Siyat can hatch.  i'm following a plan that purplehaze suggested over on TLQ.

sorry we confused you over there, Lagie!

5 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Hope you are in a safe place.

I get flash flood alerts all the time, but I am on high ground, so don't worry much about them unless I need to go somewhere that has roads that do flood.

Thanks. I am. I have one of the highest spots. It's not raining that heavily, but I might have slept through the heaviest part.

The road here does flood under certain conditions. 

The bridge creates an optical illusion. It looks like you take a low dip down to the bridge, then go up a slope through a tree tunnel. EXCEPT the creek overflow comes out of the woods on that slope and runs down to the bridge. The 'low dip' on the other side of the bridge doesn't flood and  is actually where you hear the vehicle engine reev up as it goes uphill when you leave going out. 

On 9/12/2021 at 9:08 PM, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

could someone PM me if they find one of these and don't need it? They have an extremely large linage ....

check your PMs! :D

7 hours ago, trystan said:

check your PMs! :D

=D

hope everyone is safe! i heard people mentioning floods 

10 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

Eeps! Stay safe!

9 hours ago, trystan said:

sorry we confused you over there, Lagie!

Yes. Yes, you should be. :P

But I enjoyed the laugh, and the day went downhill from there, so the laugh at least was good.

I already have four significant bruises on my right leg and foot, and today I crashed my right knee into a knee-height wall. :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Classycal said:

Hello!  How is everyone?  Food, yum!

Hey, Classy! Good to see you. Hope all has been well with you.

3 hours ago, Lagie said:

Yes. Yes, you should be. :P

But I enjoyed the laugh, and the day went downhill from there, so the laugh at least was good.

tee hee

2 hours ago, Classycal said:

Hello!  How is everyone?

classy! hi!! teal_hugs.gif.3a30776d5e6eb17d2445db29d3075a24.gif

i made an oopsie.  so i wanted my Siyat to be purple.  but hatching time was going to be like 3 a.m. friday morning.  and friday i have to leave for work at 9:30.  so i was going to unfog and put the Siyat in hatcheries at 8:30 in the morning, and then @purplehaze suggested that i put it in like 2 hatcheries or so to get views up to stage 3 or 4 in hatching and then fog it.  that way, when i unfog it at 8:30 friday morning, the views would already be there, and it would hatch before i had to leave for work.  lovely idea! 

what i should have done was fogged the egg before i left work today.  what i did do was figure sometime this evening while my older daughter and i went to a beach for a little bit, talked about stuff (NaNo, her friends drama).... and then at dinner i remembered to check my egg.... but it was already hatched blue.  here's the thing - it's fine that it's blue.  but all the Siyats in its lineage are purple.  and the other dragons are Black Truffles and they look so pretty, so i wanted purple, but the timing just wasn't in the cards.  that's what i get from an AP egg, right?  well, his name is still Royce, and maybe i'll find another low-time AP Siyat that won't be at 1d23h at 3 a.m. on a friday morning when i have to leave for work at 9:30! XD 

okay, all is good.  time to hatch some Celestials for @SomeRandomCorviknight :D 

Edited by trystan

wondering whether to freeze the shimmer hatchling i was yelling about in trystan's pms now or wait until it turns into the bigger hatchling

@trystan Darn! Sorry about your Siyat. :( I think I did tell you you needed to watch it, though.

13 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

@trystan Darn! Sorry about your Siyat. :( I think I did tell you you needed to watch it, though.

oh, you did tell me to watch it.  i should have fogged it when i left work, instead of trying to remember to do it later.  

it's fine.  there'll be another Siyat, i'm sure. XD 

On 9/14/2021 at 8:34 PM, Lagie said:

XD

Staff meeting went okay. But... having been reminded to turn lights and fans off, the three staff members who had an extra lunch hour in the staff room after... left the fan on when they left.  Our phones were cut off today for lack of payment.

:( Sorry to hear that. I get the frustration, it doesn't matter how often I remind people how to do simple things are work they still forget or ignore it. Some of it is stuff like 'throw your waste boxes in recycling, not leave them lying around the stock room,' which is frustrating. But when it's stuff like 'dont leave 30l of infected body fluids lying around the sluice' I get a bit more annoyed...

Was confused why I was feeling more tired than usual last night, then realised it's because I'm working 8 out of 11 days (96hrs). And we are dangerously short-staffed right now.

10 hours ago, Classycal said:

Hello!  How is everyone?  Food, yum!

Welcome back! Hope you are well.

5 hours ago, Kestra15 said:

then realised it's because I'm working 8 out of 11 days (96hrs). And we are dangerously short-staffed right now.

:o *hugs* Stay safe!

3 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Morning all

In the office again today.

Yay! Does that mean we'll see more of you? ;)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

It's election day. My polling station is close enough to walk to, so I'll set off soon and hopefully cast my vote before too many Covid-positive people have passed through the place. (People quarantining at home are allowed to go out and vote.)

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

(People quarantining at home are allowed to go out and vote.)

eep. this doesn't sound safe.  Lagie, stay safe!!

in other news, LongBeforeSunrise sent me another Siyat (thank you again)!  and the timing works out that i'll be HOME tomorrow night when it gets to purple time! yaay!  so it's NOT going in any hatcheries anywhere until then!

and @purplehaze - it's totally NOT your fault i didn't listen. as i said over in TLQ, your advice was spot on, and i didn't follow it like i told myself i would.

it's supposed to be a nice day and then rain this afternoon, but we shall see.

1 hour ago, trystan said:

in other news, LongBeforeSunrise sent me another Siyat (thank you again)!  and the timing works out that i'll be HOME tomorrow night when it gets to purple time! yaay!  so it's NOT going in any hatcheries anywhere until then!

and @purplehaze - it's totally NOT your fault i didn't listen. as i said over in TLQ, your advice was spot on, and i didn't follow it like i told myself i would.

Glad you got another one to try with.

I know it isn't really my fault, but if I had just kept my advice to myself you would have waited and ERed the egg when it was low time and that would have worked, just likely not in the hour that you had available before you had to go out.

In other news, I'm collecting Shumoga eggs for another try at getting what I need of the skittish ones. I just need two more.

7 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

would have waited and ERed the egg when it was low time and that would have worked, just likely not in the hour that you had available before you had to go out.

good point.  but now i know better. ... and what i know is - take the advice, dang it!!

Edited by trystan

5 hours ago, trystan said:

eep. this doesn't sound safe.  Lagie, stay safe!!

I was in out and home with 70 minutes, and double masked the whole time bar the 3 seconds I had to uncover for facial matching to my voter's card.

Now the wait to see who wins...

4 hours ago, trystan said:

and what i know is - take the advice, dang it!!

XD

Glad to hear you were able to get in and out quickly when voting, @Lagie. Double masking is good, too, when you know there might be people around who are carrying the virus. (Of course that is any time you are out and about, really!)