Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

(It was sooo nice not to be woken at 5:10 a.m.!)

i had the Blackie alarm clock and the Luna Wants Pet Time at like 6:30 this morning.  i was kind of amused.

today we're visiting a cat sanctuary about 1/2 hour away.  hubby asked if i wanted to see a cat sanctuary, so he scheduled a tour. 

and i'm about to place my shopping order... it's smaller than usual, but that's how it seems go to - small one week, but large the next. ;) 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

had the Blackie alarm clock and the Luna Wants Pet Time at like 6:30 this morning. 

This is why I have a bedroom door.

2 hours ago, trystan said:

today we're visiting a cat sanctuary about 1/2 hour away.  hubby asked if i wanted to see a cat sanctuary, so he scheduled a tour. 

Nice! How many did you come home with?

I got a LOT done in barely two hours at my shop. It's so much easier when there are no customers.

All my belongings now smell of the air stinkifiers at that house. I wonder how long it will be before that fades.

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This is why I have a bedroom door.

if we closed our bedroom door, we'd have meowling to be let in.... from MOST of them.  it's easier to just leave the door open a little XD 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Nice! How many did you come home with?

none, actually! XD 

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

I got a LOT done in barely two hours at my shop. It's so much easier when there are no customers.

yep!  this is why replenishment starts at like 3 a.m. to unload the truck.  also, the truck gets to the store at that time.  although, i think it might be midnight now.... :blink:

yes, i changed my ion/pfp again. :) 

29 minutes ago, trystan said:

none, actually! XD 

Well done! ;)

29 minutes ago, trystan said:

this is why replenishment starts at like 3 a.m. to unload the truck.

Makes sense.

Around here, the food stores are restocked on Monday, while they're open, so you have to weave in and around the restockers and palettes and boxes.

The thunder thankfully hasn't become rain today.

:D 

i think my local supermarket gets deliveries daily.  when hubby worked at Wawa (convenience store) they got two deliveries a week, but they were different stuffs - like one delivery always had the lunchmeat, deli stuffs, other refrigeratorable things;  the other delivery had the paper products and non-perishables.  that's a simplified version, but probably close enough

Just now, trystan said:

refrigeratorable 

XD Is that a word?

refrigeratable, says Google.

Have you played any of the Google Doodle Games? They remind me of our DC quests with Snowa.

13 minutes ago, Lagie said:
15 minutes ago, trystan said:

refrigeratorable 

XD Is that a word?

refrigeratable, says Google.

eh close enough.

no, i haven't played any google doodle games.  i've seen them, but haven't tried any though

2 hours ago, trystan said:

if we closed our bedroom door, we'd have meowling to be let in.... from MOST of them.  it's easier to just leave the door open a little XD 

that's where the double-sided adhesive comes in.

13 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

That was fun! Thanks! :)

2 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

:blink: on cat fur... ?

It's now too dark for proper LEGO sorting. What happened to evening daylight?

Australia and New Zealand are siphoning it off in a diabolical plan to fuel their solar panels.

Hunh. Go figure. And here I thought maybe it was the lurking thunderstorm. XD

6 minutes ago, Lagie said:

on cat fur... ?

It's that or fill the hallway with balloons or buckets of water.

Or cucumbers.

1 hour ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

apparently it didn't recognize anything i drew! :blink:

1 hour ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

nope

56 minutes ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

It's that or fill the hallway with balloons or buckets of water.

Or cucumbers.

eh, not much of a hallway. besides, the bathroom is out there.

so we tried the cucumber thing like 2 years ago, when we only had 2 cats and that was totally NOT their reaction.  if a cat could shrug, that's what both Max and Blackie did! XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

we tried the cucumber thing like 2 years ago

You filled your hallway with cucumbers? :blink:

Mama Cat reappeared tonight! It's been weeks since I last saw her ... and, of course, she has kittens again. Sigh.

10 minutes ago, Lagie said:

You filled your hallway with cucumbers? :blink:

LOL.... no.  but we did put a cucumber on the floor next to a cat while he was eating. with each cat - Max and Blackie - they looked at it, saw it, shrugged as a cat could shrug, and went back to eating.  nothing at all like some of the cat reactions i've seen online!

yaay for seeing Mama Cat... but a mom again. wow. silly kitty.

3 hours ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Oh my! I laughed so hard. It thought my Earth was a soccer ball.

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Mama Cat reappeared tonight! It's been weeks since I last saw her ... and, of course, she has kittens again. Sigh.

Oh dear! Good that she is back, but not good about the kittens.

Is she back because Odin is gone?

47 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Oh my! I laughed so hard. It thought my Earth was a soccer ball.

For some reason, i'm really lucky at it - I can draw three lines and it's a stove but my friend draws a quite realistic thing but it's clearly a banana to the ai - 

image.png.c3ee8ec9714b257ad9b5b808ba27ec9b.pngimage.png.1c6d57399f857195185989e42cab669d.png

Not sure why everyone is talking about cats but i'm nont complaining. Here is my cat. She enjoys sitting on my keyboard but ONLY when i'm on a discord call or in the middle of a game

5vGtbFWjEEPgVC5BwbLz3gp9yQ-Upa2SWkXnigRonsMivm6IC3wRD5s8-qo0IpUUeBbZHW2aTkgJzy3td8dYifemCIwfZw9FYOC7rJ7yi80_14Fgi3XqDa5BnX09lCYf_GHFH22oBppJYI--83r4Le2H2GcGq4OxpOUR2RFqpgCOIsMqLztwNK3l9_dzq9sey3sDDD0K2_rkyfjX0efnLCvYTUh-PlK8cIyEVGUPRqpHO06P5mYzMI-8Ik-yh-PMvu2WCbQEmSrI7ygmSJ-XqOMe7cBe_BEbKjjGkEtgBG93c6MrPZ99wUzCxTPoWp-sitJi6HoM3Mjj2WpF88GjLGG1dhcrYg3sRSKzofQ7WKLfdjZ_v6RxSF6Yg8QJXRzR2vLCOcdtBN4rKIVYzg6vbx7agdRUuwHU02TGFzSkYu8HVj8hMINVmb4kLQVmyXJtUYVYxYuUviPH3q0fPRlh1rXUYmgd2XYLaGtXMOdiIGT31gr1b3IINy-h_c9zyiUllz88ol5AdbWUJD46L60sfP0AQ-TwmXS5PdZptOR4hjpRoLT9VZLnviGnoiC8UTkWTNjCwK9K9hCoQQAh64N8AAucZYlkMSbqj2Z43ExggBH4Wq8kd_1w6VPkxJJAP1IN2F4qzkt6S1-u1nIG1d7HO15Lgcdzf-N04jo4mgzPoWO4IZLuBwcmtZhl3-QCZeiErpIhuO1r0MLA2Q6eWx-vq6M=w1088-h817-no?authuser=1

23 minutes ago, SomeRandomCorviknight said:

Not sure why everyone is talking about cats

well, Lagie has some neighborhood cats, i have housecats. 

kitty pics in order of acquisition~

Spoiler

Blackie - 15 - adopted January 2006

RWrguVe.jpg

Rocky - 4 - adopted April 2020

0AoC8ED.jpg

Ash - 1 1/2 - adopted August 2020

A0KX04w.jpg

Oreo - 1 1/2 - adopted August 2020

7cNFGBU.jpg

Harvey - 3 - adopted December 2020

XrGOruw.jpg

Luna - 2 1/2 - adopted December 2020

kXfMlaD.jpg

Angel - 14? - adopted January 2021

PFpwzEr.jpg

Arthur - 3 - adopted June 2021

oWYV6dF.jpg

Molly - 3 - adopted June 2021

Td5JE4t.jpg

16 hours ago, Lagie said:

I always maintained working in a shop would be easier if we banned customers. My managers never agreed to my plans.

It's house move day for my snake! We have bought her adult vivarium, and a new table to put them all on. Last thing I need is her new climbing frame so will go out shopping in a bit for that, then get everything built. Will take most of the day I think because I need to move her viv and the dragon's, and will need to undo then redo all their electrics too. Busy day ahead, but will be worth it for my girly.

8 hours ago, trystan said:

many cats

SO MANY AAH

8 hours ago, trystan said:

well, Lagie has some neighborhood cats, i have housecats. 

kitty pics in order of acquisition~

Hide contents

Rocky - 4 - adopted April 2020

HES SO FLUFFY EEEEEEEEEEEEEH

11 hours ago, trystan said:

yaay for seeing Mama Cat... but a mom again. wow. silly kitty.

Not her choice, really. She only comes to me when she needs the extra food, and I can't have her spayed while she's nursing.

10 hours ago, purplehaze said:

I think so. He was very protective of my yard.

9 hours ago, trystan said:

well, Lagie has some neighborhood cats

Who have made my patio their neighbourhood... XD I'm not sure where they go to do their business. :P

@SomeRandomCorviknight, your image stayed as a link?

Hope she likes her new space, Mr. @Kestra15!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and toast with jam*

Rain in the night has made for a damp morning, but it's looking to be another hot and humid day. I need to go have my passport photo taken again.

Good morning, CPA!

It promises to be a nice day here. Shouldn't get past the mid-80s F, although the humidity is still a bit sticky. Bright and sunny.

I got a bit of yard work done yesterday between rain showers. It was finally cool enough that I felt I could do that without inducing a heat stroke! Our lawn guy came and cut the grass, too, so we look a bit more presentable. XD There is still plenty to do, as Mother Nature doesn't worry about heat strokes and has been working overtime growing weeds and such! So, I will probably try to get more done today -- just need to load up on mosquito repellent as those little buggers are ever-present!

1 minute ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Sad news... My aunt didn't make it

So sorry to hear that, Spirit! :( You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.