Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Twenty

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and bacon and eggs*

Grey day. Please do not rain.

Toppage, page 454 (palindrome)! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

Grey day here, too. Very humid!

We are expecting our lawn mowing man today, so I just went around the yard picking up all the small branches that have fallen due to cicada damage. They cut slits in the branches to deposit their eggs and sometimes the cuts are deep enough to kill the thin ends. It doesn't really do any permanent damage to any but very young, tender trees, but it leaves a lot of litter lying around.

@trystan See? No one likes adulting. Why do we have to do it?

I propose that only people who want to adult should adult (after taking an exam and receiving the appropriate license). They get to have an extra pack of biscuits a year and the rest of us just have fun.

9 minutes ago, Fortune86 said:

@trystan See? No one likes adulting. Why do we have to do it?

I propose that only people who want to adult should adult (after taking an exam and receiving the appropriate license). They get to have an extra pack of biscuits a year and the rest of us just have fun.

XD Biscuits would be good. 

Loooong shop day. But lucrative so I'm not really complaining. I'm just tired.

*snugs Fort* Missed you too stranger :)

Finally have a wedding day photo of Lover and I to share! We had a change of outfits for the reception, so this was our evening-wear.

received_488979022357533.jpeg

Edited by Kestra15

1 hour ago, Kestra15 said:

Finally have a wedding day photo of Lover and I to share! We had a change of outfits for the reception, so this was our evening-wear.

Very nice! :D

We have awesome people here at DC. For the first time ever, I lost an egg I'd wanted to keep, so I did the 'name the parents' trick, and lo, my egg has made it safely back to me! :)

Why do people tempt me with Lego? :P

23 minutes ago, Lagie said:

We have awesome people here at DC. For the first time ever, I lost an egg I'd wanted to keep, so I did the 'name the parents' trick, and lo, my egg has made it safely back to me! :)

oh that's awesome, Lagie! glad you got the egg back!

i'm stalking the AP for another pink Sapphire.  i've seen quite a number of 'em, but i'm slow at registering what it is sometimes. i'll get a second one....eventually XD 

24 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Why do people tempt me with Lego? :P

because it's fun?

2 hours ago, trystan said:

because it's fun?

That it is! My Friends collection has grown this evening. The family is moving back to Europe and didn't want to ship all the LEGO. 

I've seen... maybe six pinks? Caught the second one I saw and gifted it. 

Please go and vote!

oh, i would imagine shipping Lego is expensive?

i've seen lots of Pinks, Flamingos, Carmine Wyverns too!  and maybe 6 pink Sapphires this week XD 

Just now, trystan said:

oh, i would imagine shipping Lego is expensive?

It's bulky when you have a lot. Banking families are usually limited by weight on how much they can ship.

yeah, that makes sense.

"Banking families" - sounds like something from the 1890s or 1910s or something like that

XD We have a lot of offshore banks here (no taxes) and they like to hire staff from wherever their home base is.

ah gotcha.

so if i had a lot of money, i could put it in a Bahamain bank account and not worry about taxes on my riches?

must be nice to have that kind of money.....

I don't think it works for Americans but it seems to for Europeans.

And yeah, must be nice...

Would be nice, wouldn't it? Not to have to worry how bills are going to be paid, and likely not to have to work two jobs, or even one, to keep them paid.

oh it certainly would.  if we had the money, hubby would buy a big enough house and property and we'd have our own cat sanctuary =^..^=

That would be paw-some! :D

Weird small island thing happened cat-wise here today. On Thursday, I picked up many boxes of books from a lady who was concerned about the cats at the place she's staying. One has a gaping wound on its neck, the other a growth on its nose (this all kind of indicated in gestures as the lady is Italian-speaking). So I tell her to have the people call the shelter or just bring them in. If they're sick, we will take them. So, she brings them in today. Next thing I know my good friend (who I have coffee with many mornings!) calls me and asks why the shelter is calling her. Turns out one of the cats has a lovely diamante collar on with a tag with her number on it. She and her husband helped the cat seven years ago when it swallowed a fish hook. So cats are now with us (the nose injury appears to be cancer) and sadly are likely to both be put down. :(But how odd is that, that one of them turned out to be a cat I kind of knew? Name and all!

Edited by Lagie
Typo and clarification

oh that is weird!

but sorry about the kitties that might not make it :( 

as for me, we have 9 cats as it is.... the latest two have been here two weeks now. :D 

And fitting in nicely!

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee, teas, juices, apples, brownies, and Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream*

It's Sunday, and I have plans to go to work, partly to check on those two cats, partly to price some of the big stuff that arrived last week. Not sure how long I'll stay there.

Yum!

No plans for today, except hoping that son-in-law can come over at some point to help us install new air conditioner. We also should have our bi-weekly family Zoom.

Enjoy!

Happy Father's Day to those in North America!

Coffee and a chocolate croissant in real life before I set off.

hot and humid today.  and i have to be at work at 3 this afternoon.

also, please note!!  today is the first day of Summer!! i has new summer dragon avatar! :) happy solstice!!

Edited by trystan
typo. y'all surprised?

1 hour ago, trystan said:

also, please note!!  today is the first day of Summer!! i has new summer dragon avatar! :) happy solstice!!

But don't try to breed summer Seasonals, yet! They are still breeding Springs. I should have trusted my leetle tree. XD  Actually the egg I bred was just a throwaway to toss to the AP -- until it ended up with a Z code! :rolleyes:

In other news, I just bred one of the elusive pink Iris Florets. :D  https://dragcave.net/lineage/2bPzt

Edited by purplehaze