Process

Make mints multi-clutch

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

People complain about AP walls now. Think of the possibilities with multi-clutching!

When DC was younger and needed a ready supply of eggs for players to pick up, multi-clutches made sense. I remember when I first started playing (back in the dark ages) that the AP was often empty for fairly long stretches of time. And eggs that dropped in the (single) cave were often gone as quickly as new releases are grabbed now. But those days are gone! We really have nothing to gain by the return of multi-clutches as far as I can see.

Well, back then, we also had AP-blocking. If there were more than (I think) 30 eggs, the cave (which was indeed the only available biome back then) was "blocked by a large pile of eggs. Maybe you should pick them up?" It was something like that, I don't necessarily remember the exact wording. Anyway, it was all but impossible for a true wall to form and last. And low-time AP eggs were just as rare - and picked up very quickly indeed.

I remember that. But there weren't enough eggs to go round - it was really tough !

I was going to say "multi-clutch for everything!" - then I realized it would ruin a project I'm working on. I'm creating a lineage based on actual (historical) people, so in the end every pair must have the exact number of children they had in real life, and all the children must be on my scroll. So if a pair that's supposed to have only one child produced two, and one was auto-abandoned, I'd have to kill the parents (and breed replacements from the grandparents) just to remove that incorrect branch. :unsure:

Maybe we could have some sort of switch (scroll setting) or BSA that decides whether or not we want multi-clutches?

Imagine this

Multiclutch with a chance of 4 eggs, which means, 4 times more the chance of getting codes that you want, including Zs!

Or at the very least, perhaps a BSA that unlocks the ancient sealed powers of a dragon that allows them to multiclutch on one breeding?

Edit: Yeah someone has mentioned about BSA potential. Nevertheless, just like Celestials, multiclutching is still a chance. One pair I had once bred with Fertility gave 0 eggs, not even a Celestial egg :(

Edited by BlueLatios

I don't think 4 is enough. Clearly mints should be able to multiclutch up to 8 eggs, and PB mints up to 32 eggs at once

Add multiclutch possibility to mints for the chance of getting a bred shiny mint. 

Gold x Mint = Gold Mint, Silver x Mint = Silver Mint, Copper x Mint = Copper Mint, Prize x Mint = Mint with Crown

Thanks for listening to my TEDtalk.

Btw. I support multiclutch.

For the issue with AP cave blocks, I think the issue is more with a bunch of common eggs with relatively high time (4D+) right?

In that case, having more egg means the AP time will go down, since people can only grab so many.

Which also makes those cave blockers more desirable because they can be instantly hatched.

Even messy commons have more value if they're hatchlings. (Good for freezing too)

Also, I assume multi-clutching are more likely to occur when the breed ratio needs balancing,

I'm not an expert about the cave drop rates, but it's possible that this also reduces the number of common CB cave blockers.

For example, the new releases from May took quite a while to stop appearing in 2/3 slots constantly.

It wasn't too fun to go cave hunting for those time, but imagine if the new releases eggs would pop-up in the AP with low times as well,

that would do a lot of help the breed ratio.

Just my two cents, I'm personally in favour of every breed being able to multi clutch

Edited by I Want Cheese Dragon

Somehow, I feel like some people are just trolling this thread. People, please be reasonable. 

• Do not single out one breed out of the 200+ we have for multi-clutching unless you also have an idea how to balance things. Celestials, which can breed up to 4 eggs in one go can only breed every 4 weeks. So, overall, they should breed as many eggs as any other dragon.
  • Give at least one valid reason why you think multi-clutches would be a good idea for every breed. No, "I like mints so they should breed better than rabbits," is not a valid argument.
  • Please stay on topic. There used to be a suggestion about "shiny mints". Try putting these things up in DR. Hybrids are a thing, after all.

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Somehow, I feel like some people are just trolling this thread. People, please be reasonable. 

• Do not single out one breed out of the 200+ we have for multi-clutching unless you also have an idea how to balance things. Celestials, which can breed up to 4 eggs in one go can only breed every 4 weeks. So, overall, they should breed as many eggs as any other dragon.
  • Give at least one valid reason why you think multi-clutches would be a good idea for every breed. No, "I like mints so they should breed better than rabbits," is not a valid argument.
  • Please stay on topic. There used to be a suggestion about "shiny mints". Try putting these things up in DR. Hybrids are a thing, after all.

You realize the entire thread is a joke itself, right?

1 hour ago, olympe said:

Mints are rabbit-sized so they should breed like rabbits!!!!!

(No, Pro, thank u for UR time oWo)

The entire thread may be a joke but bringing back the chance of a multi clutch could benefit people who are working on common/common lineages because you used to be able to get both types of eggs from a multiclutch. 

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

We really have nothing to gain by the return of multi-clutches as far as I can see.

Well...more chances for z'codes!  :D

If multi-clutches came back I'm afraid TJ would feel he needed to reduce the spawn of cave eggs or reduce the breeding success rate to keep the number of eggs generated roughly the same. Plus yes, there are those who want to keep all the eggs from their dragons on their own scrolls. There are things I miss about multi-clutches though, so I'd be supportive of a way to opt in to that, as long as the other adjustments weren't too annoying.

Edited to add: However, Minty mints are cute enough perhaps TJ could make an eggception for them.

Edited by Fiona

8 hours ago, osean said:

The entire thread may be a joke but bringing back the chance of a multi clutch could benefit people who are working on common/common lineages because you used to be able to get both types of eggs from a multiclutch. 

There IS that. https://dragcave.net/progeny/6mKdW

5 hours ago, Fiona said:

If multi-clutches came back I'm afraid TJ would feel he needed to reduce the spawn of cave eggs or reduce the breeding success rate to keep the number of eggs generated roughly the same. Plus yes, there are those who want to keep all the eggs from their dragons on their own scrolls. There are things I miss about multi-clutches though, so I'd be supportive of a way to opt in to that, as long as the other adjustments weren't too annoying.

Edited to add: However, Minty mints are cute enough perhaps TJ could make an eggception for them.

But yes - this WOULD affect everything else. Cute though mints are.

What if only Mints with Location: Cave or and Egg laid/stolen date of April 1st could multiclutch? XD

I could get behind the April 1st thing.

8 hours ago, random_dragon_collector said:

Well...more chances for z'codes!  :D

Great minds think alike

Well, it will actually benefit those who are trying to balance breed ratios, say, if someone wants a 2G Gold from a Gold X Aqualis quicker.

A year later, for example, Razorcrests and Leodons are still dominating the breedings >.<

ARIAS from Aqualis would be nice. Not to mention anything but pipios from pipios. 

2 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

What if only Mints with Location: Cave or and Egg laid/stolen date of April 1st could multiclutch? XD

How about either April 1st or March 17? There used to be a "catch a mint for St. Patrick's Day" thing going on the forum. I haven't done it in a couple years so I don't know if people are still doing that, but St. Patrick's Day mints are a thing.

St Pat's works for me. Location Cave doesn't, as that knocks out newer players.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

St Pat's works for me. Location Cave doesn't, as that knocks out newer players.

They can get them every 1st of April ...

Mints are probably the most in demand dragon in game. I'm not sure if the game can keep up with the demand unless they start multi-clutching. It was mint to be.