HeatherMarie

Lindwyrm mass-breed?

This month the Raffle requirement is 3 adult Lindwyrms. 

I know there is a 'raffle assistance' thread in Trading, and I know there is a birthday breeding event going on this month, but is anyone interested in mass-breeding their Lindwyrms? Looking at the list of Lindwyrms it seems most of them are breeds I don't often see in the AP: Blusangs, Risensongs, Setsongs, Seawyrm Pygmies, even Two-Headed Lindwyrms are often scarce in the AP. A nice mass-breed might help diversify the AP a bit and help hunters more easily acquire their Raffle requirements.

I'm thinking of May 11th/12th, which is a weekend so maybe more people would be able to join in. That's a little soon, a week away, but I'd like to give the egg-catchers enough time to raise the dragons before the Raffle (I know not everyone hatches their eggs the second they are able!). 

Lindwyrms: Blusang, Risensong, Setsong, Seawyrm Pygmy, Two-Headed Lindwyrm, Paper, Red-finned Tidal, Script 

I have some Tidals I can breed... B)  If this thread is active in a week, I'll probably see it and join in.

I'm in too! I'm already breeding some lindwyrm eggs to the AP, but there's no reason not to do it again next week. :D

I'd be interested in contributing.😋

Would be funny if the ap became full of Papers.

1556977247573.thumb.png.6d858a645952927d0923f61ee61f28f4.png

Unfortunately, you can't breed papers.

I can help out with what I can with the breeds I have!

Which aren't that many honestly...

I'm in. I'll contribute all the clean-lineaged blusangs, opals (two-headed lindwyrms), setsongs, risensongs, red-finned tidals, scripts and seawyrms. Sorry for not breeding any papers or yellow Zyus, though. ;) 

2 hours ago, olympe said:

I'm in. I'll contribute all the clean-lineaged blusangs, opals (two-headed lindwyrms), setsongs, risensongs, red-finned tidals, scripts and seawyrms. Sorry for not breeding any papers or yellow Zyus, though. ;) 

Hey, someone else still calls them opals! I always call them that in my head. 

It would be awesome if some of us could grab some Papers and toss them to the AP, lol but my Paper-catching abilities are spotty. 

@Jazeki Will send a reminder!

(Also, while clean lineages are always nice and much appreciated, some of us here very much appreciate the messies too, so don't be afraid of breeding randomly! If nothing else, messies can be used as zombie fodder after the raffle.)

Oh no, I've been grabbing Skywings and releasing them into AP for no reason... For some weird reason I thought they were lindwyrms too 😆 Can I get a reminder PM too? I don't have a lot of lindwyrms but I'll breed all I have :)

I would love a reminder, I'm posting about it in the Player Activity/Events Thread, feel free for anyone who wants to repost reminders to people (especially the day before and day(s) of), and I think this is a good enough timing to feel free to do this on that date, and I'd also pick a secondary date later in the month since Lindwyrms are often something people don't often collect as often as they should. Even if people are only "keeping the Lindwyrms for the Raffle then going to kill them off for potential Zombie Fodder", fantastic, because we get some more Lindwyrm Zombie Sprites to collect potentially and/or post to the Encyclopedia Helpers list for those successful so we can get all the clicks we need to help "unlock" the sprites if you haven't already. Not that I'm encouraging you to kill your babies, but if you are going to do it anyway, then there are still ways the Player Community benefits.

But we hope you breed some fun stuff so people want to keep it and help build their scrolls and if we have some CBs we can grab and share, or collect more, trade them, incuhatch eggs and gift/release hatchlings, whatever you can do to help others, people are going to be more likely to keep them and enjoy. I'd even suggest possibly sending Jazeki a PM and see if you both can cross-promote (which you are doing already by mentioning the May Event, I don't imagine that would be an issue, especially if there is a DC release and the May breeding event possibly runs a bit later or longer for any reason, adding Lindwyrms or a reminder of this for the raffle is probably a good reminder on their end to throw in, or at least a reference to this). And don't forget the Massbreed general thread you can certainly mention Breeding Events because... that is kinda another place for breeding Discussions.

So if you want a reminder, if you want to share info, make sure you are doing this as a lot of people love the lower time AP and love when a bunch of players get together and have a theme and/or reason, especially if it is something to celebrate, an event, and/or to help others. Which this does all. Thanks for doing this and I am very happy to see you picking up the baton with it and I hope more people will post their support and interest and involvement so we keep the thread aware and alive and share the info with others! 

I'm in for this too! Lindwyrms are not always easily found in the AP so I think this mass breed will be very helpful for many people. :)

On 5/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, olympe said:

Sorry for not breeding any papers or yellow Zyus, though. ;) 

Yellow Zyus don't count anyway, so no need to feel bad about that.

Send me a reminder, please, and I will do what I can. I bred some Setsongs and Risensongs to the AP last night, but can breed again next weekend.

Hopefully a lot of two-headed Lindwyrms can get bred...

Because I accidentally released one of mine.

Don't breed things when you are half asleep.

It's a mistake. 

Edit: Also, maybe a mass reminder would be good. And posting in the thread on the day of breeding. 

Edited by Shokomon

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Yellow Zyus don't count anyway, so no need to feel bad about that.

Send me a reminder, please, and I will do what I can. I bred some Setsongs and Risensongs to the AP last night, but can breed again next weekend.

That's actually why I mentioned them in the first place. With a winky face, no less. ;) 

Sure I'm game for this. I have scripts, red fin tidals, risensongs/setsongs, and two headed lindworms to breed.

I'm excited to see so many people wanting to get involved. Reminders are the BEST! So to keep your life easy, just make a post saying you want a reminder, so it is easy to remember, and because who doesn't love a reason to breed things we sometimes forget to dust off and help others get into the raffle and also collect some lindwyrms to grow their collections! Remember, this is DC's Birthday Month, so let's get celebrating by having fun together! We can breed, send some lovelies to everyone, keep that AP time low, and have our own fun hunting the AP shortly! Let's get Celebrating! Happy Raffle, Happy Breeding, Happy Collecting and Happy DC Birthday Month! A lot is going on, so keep an eye on the forums so you can join in all the fun all month long. Be it Official DC or Player Run! Celebrate Happy Birthday!

I'll send out reminder PMs (and post a reminder here) on Friday. Can't wait to see some in the AP, all I've seen in the last couple days is a few Red-finned Tidals and like two Scripts.

Super Hyped about the May Breeding Event to Celebrate Prior DC Birthdays with Avatar & GON Breedings Today, and I'm hyped about the upcoming Lindwyrms to help out people with the Raffle. And if you got your Lindwyrms, now you can share some other Lindwyrms with the others, and no matter how you send it out, it is going to help the Player Community this month & in the future! Make sure you are getting ready & letting people who like to breed know they can come on over, make a post, and get a reminder so they don't forget! Happy May DC Birthday and May Raffle!

Lindwyrm breeding is this weekend! Tomorrow and Sunday. I'll be breeding as many 'clean' lineages as possible, and maybe a few of my messies. 

@angelicdragonpuppy pinging to remind!

I bred and APed some of mine today before I saw this but I can do the rest over the weekend!

Lots of Tidals are on their way to the AP. (Plus very few Blusangs and Scripts. And two Silver "Blusangfails". :D )

I bred and AP'ed as much as I felt comfortahble with, including some 2nd gen setsongs/risensongs - although the rate of success was rather low there. Most of what I bred should be either 2nd gen or clean-lined, although I have to admit I didn't check everything.

I also figured out that Celestials are great mates for Red-Finned Tidals - my average was slightly above 2.5 Tidal eggs per breeding.

ETA: Bred across all eligible breeds save for my messies.

Results: 8 Setsongs (and 8 Setsong fails)

1 Risensong (and 1 fail)

7 Scripts (and one fail)

20 Tidals (and one fail)

10 Seawyrms

7 Opals/Two-Headed Lindwyrms (4 green, 3 blue - plus one obligatory fail)

5 Blusangs (plus, you guessed it, one fail.)

Edited by olympe