pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

9 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Okay! I have a Vine egg. Now what? XD

https://dragcave.net/lineage/KtDmp

CONGRATULATIONS ❤️ for breeding the thing that the second post suggests should have been bred for you. XD If this girl doesn't alt, like those other sneaky vines, try pairing her with this male CB black on your scroll for blacks!

#what-could-possibly-go-wrong XD

Oh! Okay. Thanks! I simply can't keep track of where this thing is going.

2 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

#what-could-possibly-go-wrong XD

:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

Oh! Okay. Thanks! I simply can't keep track of where this thing is going.

No worries, I nearly confused myself, too. XD I'd be lost without all these notes!

❤️ Good luck!

I have sent a trade with a psudo off to serotina, that should be everyone I think.

Are we wanting an alt this time? 'Cause this ain't it! https://dragcave.net/lineage/KtDmp

Whoo! Finally a non-alt. XD Good job!

@eventingpony24 - heads-up, looks like we've got a Vine to continue the line now. :D So you can pause your breeding.

17 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I have sent a trade with a psudo off to serotina, that should be everyone I think.

Yesss. Thank you so much!

Okay, I'm confused (again XD ). There is already a non-alt in this line, so where are we going with this?

Just now, purplehaze said:

Okay, I'm confused (again XD ). There is already a non-alt in this line, so where are we going with this?

We've only just cleared The Fog. Alt Vines aren't coming for another couple of turns. See also this far too detailed spreadsheet that I only sporadically update. XD

Alright. Glad it is the right thing, whatever. I will breed her with my Black male when she grows up.

Any ideas for her parents' names?

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Alright. Glad it is the right thing, whatever. I will breed her with my Black male when she grows up.

Any ideas for her parents' names?

Maybe just something like:

All initial sprites had to be x replaced for copyright reasons

Works for me because I have zero ideas on that one.

5 hours ago, purplehaze said:

That seems too easy. I got a Black egg on the first try. https://dragcave.net/lineage/G37vQ

Who gets this egg?

Suspicious! XD Thanks for the update. ❤️ These are our current gold candidates:

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from 2008-10-19 @ eventingpony24

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from 2009-06-20 @ purplehaze (prefer short names)

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from 2018-06-25 @ pinkgothic (prefer name to begin with S')

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from 2018-11-20 @ Tinibree

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from 2020-01-17 @ WhisperingWillows

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from ????-??-?? @ olympe

This%20egg%20is%20very%20reflective,%20a CB female from ????-??-?? @ olympe

Since eventingpony24 is (presumably) still busy with real life, you can either give yourself that first black, or pass it on to someone further down the list. :D Your choice!

Well, since it may take awhile to get that Gold, how about if I keep this egg but also keep breeding for more Blacks to pass around until we get the Gold we need? With that said, I am a little hesitant to rename my Gold lady, so could use ideas on how to incorporate her name into the line, if she should produce the needed egg to continue.

I also need naming help for this egg's parents. My naming mojo is out to lunch. XD

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Well, since it may take awhile to get that Gold, how about if I keep this egg but also keep breeding for more Blacks to pass around until we get the Gold we need?

Yeah, that's absolutely the idea. Unless we end up with another "huh, that boss battle was over oddly quickly!" situation as we did with the first occurrence of golds. :D

8 hours ago, purplehaze said:

With that said, I am a little hesitant to rename my Gold lady, so could use ideas on how to incorporate her name into the line, if she should produce the needed egg to continue.

I also need naming help for this egg's parents. My naming mojo is out to lunch. XD

For this egg's parents and the next step in the line, first idea is this (but it doesn't respect what you asked for your gold):

For a while all sprites were x replaced with the fogged sprite

Thus this time in DC's history x is known as The Fog

But you could also just name Daitra's mate "This time was called The Fog". That doesn't incorporate her name, but it would be a complete piece of trivia to the same effect. ^_^

Meanwhile, other things that could be said about vines, blacks or DC dragons in general, but not yet formatted for dragon naming:

- The black's egg sprite didn't used to have a green glow around it

- The egg sprites used back then were generally less smoothly shaded

- The AP used to block the cave :P

- Back then, Adult dragons continued receiving clicks and views

- At that time codes were only four characters long, meaning the cave was limited to only ever being able to produce 14776336 dragon codes, if I didn't get my math wrong (which, to be fair, I probably did)...

- Names used to be permanent.

- Most dragons at the time shared the same base hatchling sprite.

- It used to be possible to tell from the egg sprite whether a Black or Vine would hatch an alt (although this trivia might be better suited for when the alts come into the line a bit later from now...)

- Initially, there was only the 'Cave' biome

- There used to not be lineage visualisations

- Frozen hatchlings could still switch stages

Ah, there's so much that can be said about Dragon Cave's history! I better stop. XD

"The black's egg sprite didn't use to have a green glow around it"

(the "use" doesn't need to have the "d" anymore after any form of "do")

I get the same result:

(10 + 26 + 26) * (10 + 26 + 26) * (10 + 26 + 26) * (10 + 26 + 26) = 14776336
Edited by Ruby Eyes

First attempt at breeding Black x Gold resulted in no egg. :(  A few more days before I can breed the Black and Vine again to try for another Black to pass on.

First attempt at breeding Black x Gold resulted in no egg. :(  A few more days before I can breed the Black and Vine again to try for another Black to pass on.

Thanks for the update and for trying! ❤️ I actually think the "no egg" might be promising - it could be an indicator that the pair prefers to produce golds (but of course even if it's the preferred outcome of a pair, "produce a gold" is like drawing blood from a stone).

I do believe I got everyone that wanted a Psudo offspring, anyone else want one?

Also whoever has the pygmy line could probably use a poke.

Edited by Tinibree

7 hours ago, Serotina said:

I'd love one of the Pseudo-Wyverns! Sorry, forgot to speak up 

You must've said something already, really, you were in my notes for the pair in the second post, but for some reason I'd marked you off as already having gotten one. Sorry about that! I fixed it.

@Tinibree They are called "Pseudo-Wyvern Drakes", do you want to tweak your pair name to suit? :)

9 hours ago, Tinibree said:

Also whoever has the pygmy line could probably use a poke.

Yeah, I agree - and sorry for not having done so sooner, I've been in reaction mode for a few weeks! ^_^;;

@olympe Can you try your pygmy pair again to try to get a glowback? :)