pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

Great news on the Avea offspring! Thanks for the update!

6 hours ago, Serotina said:

I'm debating wording for the names a bit, would appreciate some suggestions. Trying to condense it for the character limits is difficult.

"On release, the Avea's description mislabeled them as "Area" pygmies."

Wonderful trivia! ❤️ Here's one way you could do it:

Avea's descriptions initially x mislabelled them as Area pygmies

Next up is either olympe, Tinibree or WhisperingWillows. Since all of them have recently been an active part of that same spiral, you can pick and choose! :) Though of those three, olympe will have had the longest wait. Let's see if there's anyone else that wants a turn:

glowback_f.png

Does anyone else have a CB female Glowback Pygmy from the 21st of July, 2019? ^_^ Speak now* or be forever silent. 8D (* i.e. "something like 24 hours, give or take a few hours:P)

The first one gets a little weird in the lineage view, you could change the phrasing to 'originally(or initially, whatever you prefer) their descriptions x mislabeled them area pygmies' 

How would I go about requesting an egg from the Drake lineage? I love this project and hopefully someday I actually have some release date dragons I can offer to help out! XD 

1 hour ago, Tinibree said:

The first one gets a little weird in the lineage view, you could change the phrasing to 'originally(or initially, whatever you prefer) their descriptions x mislabeled them area pygmies' 

Went and made that change, does this fix that?

1 hour ago, Paintra said:

How would I go about requesting an egg from the Drake lineage? I love this project and hopefully someday I actually have some release date dragons I can offer to help out! XD 

Posting as you have is plenty, i.e. I have you on my radar now. ^_^ I'll slot you in after Serotina! (The end of that Spiral is presently being a bit frustrating - I got a Tatterdrake and then a "no interest", which inspires me to try again in two weeks rather than one week.)

I was also going to sneakily point you to the Pygmy line that's up to 2019 by now, but it turns out your Glowbacks, Corals and Pargulus pygmies aren't from the release date either. XD; But I'm sure we'll figure out a way to slot you in!

13 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

Posting as you have is plenty, i.e. I have you on my radar now. ^_^ I'll slot you in after Serotina! (The end of that Spiral is presently being a bit frustrating - I got a Tatterdrake and then a "no interest", which inspires me to try again in two weeks rather than one week.)

I was also going to sneakily point you to the Pygmy line that's up to 2019 by now, but it turns out your Glowbacks, Corals and Pargulus pygmies aren't from the release date either. XD; But I'm sure we'll figure out a way to slot you in!

Maybe a future pygmy release? My hiatus certainly causes some issues with getting release-date dragons XD 

14 hours ago, Serotina said:

Went and made that change, does this fix that?

it does! 

On 1/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, pinkgothic said:

Boss Battle: The Unfogging! :P We are looking for someone who has a female CB Gold Dragon and is willing to sacrifice it to this project in an epic boss battle! The stolen date is not as important for this one (although I will certainly be rooting for the oldest of the batch!), so please give us a shout if you can (and want to) help out with any at all from your scroll! ^_^

I'd be willing to try with my two CB golden ladies and rename in case I actually get a golden egg from either of them, but... I'd need some naming suggestions. (Maybe something about the upset over the sprite update? Their rarity change over time?) :) Neither of them are from anytime near the release or anything else, though.

4 minutes ago, olympe said:

Their rarity change over time?

That sounds like a great piece of trivia to use, really! :D Don't worry about the golds' dates. I've taken note of that you have two gold ladies you're willing to sacrifice in the boss battle. Though for boss battles I always suggest waiting to see which pair ends up actually winning the fight before doing any renaming. :)

Thanks so much for the post! ^_^

40 minutes ago, Paintra said:

Maybe a future pygmy release? My hiatus certainly causes some issues with getting release-date dragons XD 

We'll figure out a way to slot you in eventually. Keep an eye on the thread! :D And I'll definitely get you that Drake as soon as my pair stops being inexplicably stubborn.

This little Avea grew up on my scroll. Any idea what to name him or his Glowback mate? Because I don't know any trivia about them. :( 

Edited by olympe

2 hours ago, olympe said:

This little Avea grew up on my scroll. Any idea what to name him or his Glowback mate? Because I don't know any trivia about them. :( 

Thanks for the update! As for names, hmm, let's see. Various bits of trivia to choose from that I seem to be able to compile:

The June 2019 release in general was a 15:00 cave time (I think?) release, that was somewhat unusual.

The Glowbacks were a Dragon Requests concept.

The Glowbacks' hatchling description was initially accidentally only generic (see the posts from here on).

Shortening any of those into two dragon names is left as an exercise for the reader. XD

22 minutes ago, pinkgothic said:

Thanks for the update! As for names, hmm, let's see. Various bits of trivia to choose from that I seem to be able to compile:

The June 2019 release in general was a 15:00 cave time (I think?) release, that was somewhat unusual.

The Glowbacks were a Dragon Requests concept.

The Glowbacks' hatchling description was initially accidentally only generic (see the posts from here on).

Shortening any of those into two dragon names is left as an exercise for the reader. XD

Hmm. To put the original female sprite (before release) here (from the link you provided) and compare it to something else...

ddck6um-8cb1f144-6ee5-4eb5-8a2e-8d3d7a62 Copper Dragon3 male

Would it be fair to claim that female Glowbacks originally looked like "blue copper pygmies", save for the different body type?

1 minute ago, olympe said:

Hmm. To put the original female sprite (before release) here (from the link you provided) and compare it to something else...

ddck6um-8cb1f144-6ee5-4eb5-8a2e-8d3d7a62 Copper Dragon3 male

Would it be fair to claim that female Glowbacks originally looked like "blue copper pygmies", save for the different body type?

I think I see what you're getting at and I appreciate the creativity a lot, but I think using that as your trivia might end up misleading people into thinking they were designed to look that way, rather than looking that way more by coincidence, especially since they have arms and so aren't wyverns (which I know is part of what you mean with "save for the different body type", but still weighs pretty heavily for my perception of this).

Maybe a little less 'creative'.

Female Glowbacks Changed Sprites x While Hidden in DR.

Glowbacks Were Released x Alongside Another Glowy Dragon

Their Release Started x At 3 PM Cave Time

Am I supposed to breed in both Glowback genders? If so, I'd probably choose the last two sets of names.

56 minutes ago, olympe said:

Am I supposed to breed in both Glowback genders? If so, I'd probably choose the last two sets of names.

You definitely can! Or you can bounce the next egg over to WhisperingWillows or Tinibree, who also have release day males.

Any of those pair names work! Really, they're generally up to you, my mumblings are always just suggestions. ❤️ I do have to admit I especially like the first one - I'm very partial to references to DR. :D But please feel free to use anything you think fits.

Got the Jester first try! (Had to wait for a Purple to cooldown so they didn't reject each other)

Is there someone I should send them to?

Also - I actually don't know any trivia about Jesters! I'd appreciate yalls help again, sorry.

@Serotina Since the Jesters are the last in the line, I think it would be prudent to spread them around everyone from the project willing to take one home. Also, feel free to keep one for yourself.

Regarding Trivia - the parents already show that this is the first 2-headed hybrid, but they're also the first Western x Eastern hybrid. ETA: It's the first hybrid from an Eastern parent, period. They were part of the "Care Package Release", they're meant to remind you to stay happy.

See here: 

Edited by olympe

1 hour ago, olympe said:

@Serotina Since the Jesters are the last in the line, I think it would be prudent to spread them around everyone from the project willing to take one home. Also, feel free to keep one for yourself.

Regarding Trivia - the parents already show that this is the first 2-headed hybrid, but they're also the first Western x Eastern hybrid. ETA: It's the first hybrid from an Eastern parent, period. They were part of the "Care Package Release", they're meant to remind you to stay happy.

See here: 

I would be interested in one!!! 

Great news on the continuation of the line! I'd also be interested in one when you churn out some more. :D

Me, too! But put me at the end of the list even if other people ask for offspring after me, considering I was the last person before you to be part of the project. If push came to shove, I could breed my own illegitimate offspring...

Also @pinkgothic - did you ever consider to do a PB offshoot of this project, starting with 2nd gen PBs (unless it's a holiday dragon where PBs are impossible).

• Why 2nd gens? In order to show off all sprites, of course. Even for those breeds that don't have dimorphism yet, it might still come.
  • Some breeds might need more than one starting pair in order to show off all sprites.
    • Anything with an alt *and* dimorphism needs 2 starting pairs to show off both alt sprites.
    • Dimorphic hybrids need 2 starting pairs, too.
      • For the Ultraviolet, it would be especially neat if the 2nd gens are bred to get a Spitfire throwback.
      • For Blunas, it would be perfect if both parent breed combos would be used (skywing x deep sea, skywing x water).
      • Carinas would be especially cool if one was bred from alts.
    • For Geodes, I'd prefer 3 starting pairs: green x green, green x stone and stone x stone.
    • Stripes would need 4 starting pairs for the original release  and another 2 sets for the later black Stripe release. At the end of each, there'd be a mystery stripe. image.png.9ae34d1ce505dc1a73db96417506d7ca.png 
    • Dragons with 3 variants (Gemshard, Firegem, Pargulus) need only two starting pairs if bred like this: red m x green f => green m (2); blue m x red f => blue f (2), then proceed to breed with the 2nd gens. However, this does NOT work for coppers.
    • Copper needs 3 starting pairs. However, I'd prefer for them to be male green x female brown, male red x female green, male brown x female red to show off their breeding pattern.
    • The same goes for GoN offspring for the 3 avatars. While it is possible to breed one kind of avatar from a different kind, the offspring avatar type depends on the elemental affinity of the parent(s).
    • Zyus would need 4 starting pairs: 1 PB Sinomorph and 3 pairs to show off all 6 Zyus. male alpine x female coast, male desert x female jungle, male forest x female volcano (or some such). Unless, of course, you want to display all males and females, in which case you'd need 7 starting pairs. (Shocker.)
    • Xenos are going to be a tough nut to crack. Something like this: image.png.d14672a2b86354540600b3bf84265d0f.pngimage.png.c6dc65d9b6ab03626d2efd99092e4a4e.png The original Xenos bred like this, with any mystery Xeno (preferably one of the old ones) at the end. And for the new Xeno release something like the 2nd. While having the Staterae in 3rd gen would be neat, I'm afraid that might be too much to ask due to rarity. May the odds be ever in your favor! Unless, of course, you'd want to show off males and females of all types, in which case things get a little bit more complicated. For simplicity's sake, I'd then go with 6 starting pairs for the original release and 7 for the 2nd - and hope for some unusual results in between.
    • For Sunrise/Sunset I'd try two starting pairs: One Sunset x Sunset => Sunrise and Sunrise x Sunrise => Sunset to show their breeding behavior. I'd probably do the same for glory drakes, tbh - even without dimorphism.
    • For golds, silvers and trios, I'd probably do 2 starting pairs that aren't PB (and neither with a holiday mate or another of rare mate) to display their original breeding restrictions.
    • For both Hollies and Mistletoes, it would be neat to have 2 starting pairs to be able to breed two 2nd gens of the same breed together. It would also be neat to do the same with Arias (female Aria x something else, 2nd gens male x female Aria, 3rd gen a BSA Pink) and Purples (??? x female Purple for both CB pairs; 2nd gen male x female Purple)
    • For Luminas, 1 starting pair resulting in a (white) Lumina offspring. For the later release of Dark Luminas, 1 starting pair resulting in another (white) Lumina offspring?
      • I'd probably use the same pattern for Nebulas, considering the alt was released way later.
    • Seasonals and Lunar Heralds... 4 PB starting pairs, each resulting in a *different* offspring (if possible)?
    • Snow Angels need (at least) 2 starting pairs, resulting in offspring of the 3rd kind + mate. Although it might be easier to organize with 3 starting pairs.
  • Regarding mates for holiday dragons - this is a tricky one. "Anything goes" might be just a tad too distracting. I'd propose either using one breed as the eternal "filler" (maybe Whites?) or go with a dragon that looks kinda similar to the holiday partner, especially regarding color. Holly x Red, Yulebuck x Stripe/White, Snow Angel x White, Ribbon Dancer x Fever/green Nebula and so on. Val x Pink/Almandine/Balloon, Sweetling x Pink, Rosebud x Pink/White, Heartseeker x Royal Crimson... You get the idea. I'd be willing to make exceptions for SA offspring, though.

I'm sure there are other things and exceptions to think about, but I'd rather not try to figure them out right now.

4 hours ago, olympe said:

See here: 

Awesome trivia, thank you! I think I'll use that they were part of the "Care Package Release."

I'll start by sending this one off to @Zerhai, and if all goes well I should get one to you two soon!

8 hours ago, olympe said:

Since the Jesters are the last in the line, I think it would be prudent to spread them around everyone from the project willing to take one home. Also, feel free to keep one for yourself.

I would be interested in one as well! I haven't bred any at all myself ^^ 

6 hours ago, olympe said:

Also @pinkgothic - did you ever consider to do a PB offshoot of this project, starting with 2nd gen PBs (unless it's a holiday dragon where PBs are impossible).

Those are some great ideas, but I personally am not actually that fond of evengens! I prefer evengens to stairs, but spirals are actually my favourite lineage type. XD; I do want to strongly encourage you to make a thread to this vein, though, it'll almost surely generate a lot of interest! And if it turns out I can help with base pairs, I totes would.