pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

2 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

No problem, i'm haphazard about checking this. I hope she finally named them for y'all.

She did. Thanks a lot for that, both of you! ❤️ And for your help in the project. ^_^

11 minutes ago, WhisperingWillows said:

Another Mariner this week. Anyone want it?

I'm always happy to take the fails! ❤️

I can report half a success. At least they're compatible.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/VdtXI

Considering that Bautas are the way older breed, it may take a looong while.

Edited by olympe

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

I can report half a success. At least they're compatible.

https://dragcave.net/lineage/VdtXI

Considering that Bautas are the way older breed, it may take a looong while.

Oh my. XD Thanks for the update, though! ❤️ Lovely anticipatory names you gave those parents. :D

Well, I wanted to name the next couple something like "and we got to breed" x "the first two-headed hybrid"

20 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, I wanted to name the next couple something like "and we got to breed" x "the first two-headed hybrid"

Yeah, I gathered. Great approach! :D

Just one question - how do we get the 2nd sprite into the lineage? After all, Jesters have dimorphism. XD 

On 1/6/2019 at 11:58 PM, pinkgothic said:

Of course, Jesters also have dimorphism. This means we'll breed a male CB Blancblack into the line to produce a male Jester. If you have a male CB Blancblack (from any date - the release date was already immortalised in the previous step!), are willing to rename him and would like to use him to continue the lineage, please speak up! :)

^ this is what I was envisioning. (Quoted from the second post.) ^_^ Could also be done with a Bauta (or anything, really, but to keep the theme); I picked BlancBlack because they also have dimorphism and it makes the spiral look potentially more dynamic that way.

Edited by pinkgothic

@pinkgothic Ah, okay. Who is going to continue with the 2nd Blancblack to breed the 2nd Jester? Any takers thus far? Or maybe I should send off as many Jester eggs as possible so we have many options for continuing the lineage?

1 minute ago, olympe said:

@pinkgothic Ah, okay. Who is going to continue with the 2nd Blancblack to breed the 2nd Jester? Any takers thus far? Or maybe I should send off as many Jester eggs as possible so we have many options for continuing the lineage?

No takers yet! I can fill in in a pinch, I have a bunch of CB BlancBlacks (e.g. https://dragcave.net/lineage/6jcEt is one of many that's has never had offspring at all), but I don't want to be greedy. ❤️

Well, I have a couple of those, too, although not from the day of release. So that makes three potential breeders already.

For what it's worth, in case anyone wants to optimise for a complete set for this line, I've got a pair of new Coast xenowyrms, a pair of new Jungle xenowyrms, and a pair of the "current" eggs from the release date so far. Depending on when I go to bed I might also get some release date Alpines, but don't bet on that one. ❤️

Edit: Managed to snag an Alpine, influenced it male.

Edit II: Traded for another release date Alpine (wasn't trying to get a release date one, but got one), so I have a pair of those now. ^_^

Edit III: On the other hand, Ruby Eyes found me an all-lowercase Jungle that's not from the release date, so I now have a Jungle release date egg fewer. XD Worth it, tho!

Edited by pinkgothic

I got a Desert one

well, now 2 so I have a pair ^^

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I have a pair of volcano and a pair of forest and one of each of the others. No 7th egg, though.

Only just got on and grabbed a Forest one, will be working on getting another Forest or a Coast egg over the next few hours. I'll update this post if I actually get breedable pairs out of this craze :)

Edit: Second Forest Xenowyrm acquired ^^ will Influence into a breeding pair, renamable if they're ever needed.

Edited by Screech

I have one of each except the final egg. Any preferences for influencing? 

I got one of each and two of the jungle and desert ones I have not influenced them yet (I picked them up a few hours after they dropped)

I've been too new to Dragcave to contribute to this, but I've been keeping an eye on it. With this release I'm actually able to say I caught eggs on the release date! I have one of each of the 2020 Xeno eggs, as well as one of the "Flow" mystery eggs.

They aren't influenced, but I'd be happy to go ahead and influence them.

16 hours ago, Tinibree said:

I have one of each except the final egg. Any preferences for influencing? 

Not as of yet, go wild, pick whatever you prefer. :) If you're feeling especially adventurous, you can coordinate with @Serotina, but it's really not necessary.

Thanks for the updates, everyone! And welcome to the thread, Serotina! Let us know what your oldest release day dragons are and we'll definitely hit you up for those - and possibly others! See for example the Two-Headed Spiral, where the second CB BlancBlack we're breeding into the line doesn't need to be from any particular date. If you have a fitting one, consider jumping in there. :D❤️

Coast, Forest, and Jungle are girls, and Alpine, Volcano, Desert, are boys if you want to do the opposite serotina

If you guys still need them I got the Alpine and the Jungle one from the first batch when they dropped. I've got 3 flow eggs as well. 

I'll do the opposite then, @Tinibree ^^

I'll see if I have any other release day dragons on my scroll and get back if I do, or anything else that fits.

Edited by Serotina