pinkgothic

The Release History Of Dragon Cave Spiral

11 minutes ago, water_angel said:

I made an offer on a trade for one of those born yesterday. If I can get it, are we going to use it in the lineage? How do we handle new dragons that are hybrids?

This is how hybrids work in the general case (see first post):

On 1/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, pinkgothic said:

What about hybrids? Hybrids don't exactly come in CB.

Well, there are some CB hybrids from the first raffles! While they're not from the release date of the hybrid, I'd still love to get those integrated if at all possible, but of course that depends on the parties being willing. :) Nonetheless, most hybrids will simple work by breeding two CB species into the line (in sequence), and then continuing the lineage only once a hybrid was produced. For example, if we're trying to add Blunas, breeding might work like this:

1. the first person might choose an eligible CB Skywing (i.e. one that was caught around the time Blunas were released)

2. it would be bred with the line for Skywing offspring

3. the next person (or same person, either way!) might choose an eligible CB Deepsea (i.e. one that was caught around the time Blunas were released)

4. it would be bred with the line for Bluna offspring.

Which is why olympe's done the right thing, since the CBs we use in the lineage ideally encode the release date :)

On 1/6/2019 at 11:57 PM, pinkgothic said:

Well, there are some CB hybrids from the first raffles! While they're not from the release date of the hybrid, I'd still love to get those integrated if at all possible, but of course that depends on the parties being willing.

I think the Soulpeace won't be available - his owner has long gone inactive.

Winya should be ready, though.

And for alt Blacks, I think you could even choose between a few XD

Glad to get an opportunity to see how this hybrid-breed-in works :)

I managed to egglock myself with code-dragons a few hours before the release xD I'm afraid I won't be any help. But kudos and applause to olympe for the quick thinking!

10 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

owza! ❤️ 400 internet points to you. XD Feel free to redeem them with me at your own pace.

Well, if you're up to it and in the business of breeding 2nd gen bronze Shimmers, I'd like to request a Prizekin as a mate for https://dragcave.net/lineage/XwkII. Once the hype is over, that is. :)  But only if you're comfortable with it, obviously.

3 minutes ago, olympe said:

Well, if you're up to it and in the business of breeding 2nd gen bronze Shimmers, I'd like to request a Prizekin as a mate for https://dragcave.net/lineage/XwkII. Once the hype is over, that is. :)  But only if you're comfortable with it, obviously.

I'm so very much on top of that. You should request an actual 2G shimmer, though, not just a prizekin. XD The prizekin should be easy, after all.

36 minutes ago, Screech said:

Glad to get an opportunity to see how this hybrid-breed-in works :)

I mean, honestly, me too. XD It's pretty exciting! And definitely seconding the applause for olympe, but hopefully I can get her a shiny and not just applause and a-- uh-- hmm-- okay I guess a golden wyvern is pretty shiny, come to think of it, but I digress.

@pinkgothic You wouldn't happen to know which way the Undine and White need to be influenced, would you? Otherwise, I'll just influence them as a pair, and we'll switch the order if necessary.

12 minutes ago, olympe said:

@pinkgothic You wouldn't happen to know which way the Undine and White need to be influenced, would you? Otherwise, I'll just influence them as a pair, and we'll switch the order if necessary.

Not even slightly, unfortunately; I planned ahead for quite a few steps on the Regular Spiral, but there are unfortunately many, many years missing still, and I don't think I could finish plotting it on short notice just for the sheer mass still waiting to be written (though I will start working on that now, anyway). I agree with just influencing them as a pair. ❤️ If for some reason I do get far with that, we can always bounce.

Okay! I plotted the Regular line all the way up to the present date, but there are some questionmarks along the way, so nothing certain can be said anyway. For what it's worth, my best guess is female for the Undine and male for the White. But I would not be surprised if that's way off.

Just to clarify a bit about what makes this so tricky to plot: Even just looking at only this release, if the Blue Spots end up being based on something relating to the phases for the moon, or there's some special trick that no one ends up applying to their release day eggs, or indeed they're just alt forms like alt blacks are, or the alt form is a BSA trick like with the Aegides (though the enrAegis doesn't feature in the Aegis release post, so TJ would probably not include alts of that sort), that would already throw us off, since they sort before the Hybrids, alphabetically, and I currently count them with two steps (one for each form). This is totally ignoring open questions we'll eventually discuss about "so, do we care about incorporating this particular sprite update or not?", or me noticing I missed one in my notes (which I can practically guarantee you I did! Now if only I were even half so sure about what...). :D

Am I off by one? Am I off by two? Am I off by three? Am I off by four? Am I off by some ludicrous number like thirty-two? Turns out I don't know. But I sure have a better lineage plan in my spreadsheet now. XD

On 5/22/2020 at 10:34 PM, pinkgothic said:

we can always bounce.

Nope XD Market eggs can't be bounced.

28 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Nope XD Market eggs can't be bounced.

Oh, good point. Time to wave the Re-influencing topic at TJ again, I guess!

Just an update on the Vine x Stone pair.

Take 1 - Vine Alt

Take 2 - Vine Alt

Take 3 - Stone

Take 4 - No egg

Fingers crossed for next attempt!

29 minutes ago, eventingpony24 said:

Just an update on the Vine x Stone pair.

Take 1 - Vine Alt

Take 2 - Vine Alt

Take 3 - Stone

Take 4 - No egg

Fingers crossed for next attempt!

Thanks for the update! Definitely crossing those fingers :)

7 hours ago, Zerhai said:

so now that the craziness of dragcave birthday are over... https://dragcave.net/lineage/85UGX I need ideas for names and a reminder of which breed is next

This lady of yours is next in line^_^

As for names, there's not that much trivia to be had about the Mariners, it seems, alas, the event didn't have any of the common hitches that tend to happen on Dragon Cave. XD Maybe we could mention they were based on albatrosses? So possibly:

The design of Mariner Pygmies x was inspired by albatrosses

7 hours ago, pinkgothic said:

This lady of yours is next in line^_^

As for names, there's not that much trivia to be had about the Mariners, it seems, alas, the event didn't have any of the common hitches that tend to happen on Dragon Cave. XD Maybe we could mention they were based on albatrosses? So possibly:

The design of Mariner Pygmies x was inspired by albatrosses

that works thank you! somehow I managed to get egglocked again so as soon as I can I will breed

Going to throw out an fyi.  I believe the majority of the release day alcedine wyvern came out blue due to a bug.  I have a pair I caught in the AP that came out red from release day. THRNr WtoeW (also have a blue pair but I think most folks do)

So here is the new little eggie: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Wgt5q Proper breed and everything!!! though it is currently precogging male... who do I send it to?

edit: and the parents are named as well! 

Edited by Zerhai

Just now, Dracaena said:

Going to throw out an fyi.  I believe the majority of the release day alcedine wyvern came out blue due to a bug.  I have a pair I caught in the AP that came out red from release day. THRNr WtoeW (also have a blue pair but I think most folks do)

I'm actually pretty sure they're about 50/50 given the bug was rather rapidly fixed on the first day eggs could hatch (resulting in early theories about the Alcedines being time-based - the observation of the first reds hatching was posted at 13:59 UTC+2, which I believe would put the fix at a little bit before 07:59 cave time). My release day Alcedines are red (I unfogged mine the moment the report of the first reds hit the thread, basically). I don't actually have blue release date ones.

Regardless, thank you very much! ❤️

2 minutes ago, Zerhai said:

So here is the new little eggie: https://dragcave.net/lineage/Wgt5q Proper breed and everything!!! though it is currently precogging male... who do I send it to?

Awesome news! Thanks for the update! ^_^ @WhisperingWillows has a CB male Kovos from the release date, so it's best if you reach out to her directly.

I'm still bogged down in trying to catch up to this release, believe it or not, so I'm a bit behind on updating the second post in the thread, most notably with the new two-headed and pygmy species. XD Hopefully I'll get around to that in the coming days. Sorry for the lag!

message sent to @WhisperingWillows if they don't claim it within a couple days I come asking for the next person... and give them a chance to claim it... if that does not work I'll influence and hatch it myself, then try to send it on again. I don't have a release day Koros but I have one from a couple days after if it comes to that..... though I will do everything in my power for the next person to have it.

I'd like to be of use for the Kovos, but both my release date Kovos grew up female. They're up for use, though, if it comes to that.

I too have reds of alcdines. I managed to get release date pairs of all of the eggs, my Pargulus are a blue boy and a red girl. I imagine those will be the real tricky ones. As well as taking forever with how many sprites it is. My earliest male kovos is from the 29th unfortunately. 

Thanks for the update on Alcedines and Kovos, everyone! ❤️

38 minutes ago, WhisperingWillows said:

@pinkgothic @Zerhai The egg is on my scroll and influenced!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. You know this already and I'm not telling you anything new, but remember to Fertilise your Kovos to reduce the chance of a rejection! ^_^

Just remembered to do that. XD Thanks for reminding me! Also to add to everyone else's update, I also have a red and blue release date pair of Alcedines, but for the Pargulus Pygmy I only have a release date green male.

Hadn't thought about pargulus being tricky.  I have green male (jungle) Ql0RX, blue female (coast) Xb9No, and blue female (alpine) nXpEr from release day.