TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Wow, everyone's forts look so detailed and fancy compared to mine! Mine looks more like a little child built it, lol. Oh well, I still like it. 

Looks like the AP eggs are still on the 24th, so we have plenty more holiday AP to enjoy! I get frustrated tossing back a bajillion even-gens, but then I find a perfect messy and it's totally worth it.

17 minutes ago, Mirhana said:

Stupid question but how do you get a weapon in the first place to attack people with? XD

When you're editing your fort there's a "weaponry" section. Build something from there. :) (Note that the Trojan Reindeer and Peace on Earth don't actually attack... but the rest do!)

Has anyone built a gingerbread house?  If so, do you have a roof?  I want to build one but I don't have a roof to put on it?

Happy holidays :) I really love the new Xmas eggies.

I’ll post my fort before it’s destroyed again XD I tried, those big tower pieces for the ice is hard to fit in though.

F73CF1EE-B640-419B-BCA8-6B32A586F44C.jpeg

47 minutes ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

:) (Note that the Trojan Reindeer and Peace on Earth don't actually attack... but the rest do!)

I wonder what they are even there in 'weaponry' for???  

When does this event end? I have a lot of work to do on my fort to make it look awesome, and I need more stones for my castle walls. 

How long does the snow wars event go?  Also, is there a post that explains what all the weapons do?

Just wanted to say that this is my favorite event..Snow Wars! Not so much because I destroy stuff but I love making my own forts. It has been awhile since the last Snow Wars and really enjoyed building my "town". Wish we could do more of this type of thing.

I wish drops didn't land behind things you can't move till they are repaired, and you can't repair till you get more resources :(

17 minutes ago, Syiren said:

When does this event end? I have a lot of work to do on my fort to make it look awesome, and I need more stones for my castle walls. 

7 days after it started - presumably on 31st. 

16 minutes ago, digipup said:

Also, is there a post that explains what all the weapons do?

No.

my little cabin in the woods is as done as i'll probably feel like making it.

i like how the wreath lines up with the little script dragon, it looks like they're holding it

17734677_ScreenShot2018-12-27at11_50_41AM.thumb.png.2a44d484cb2d702df2c86a1cae001f4a.png

Oops I just got that dreaded "failed to save" thing. I thought the saving was done on the server - after all, I can go access it from my tablet and it shoild be in the same state as it is on my PC...

1 hour ago, Fuzzbucket said:

7 days after it started - presumably on 31st. 

Awesome, so I still have plenty of time. Thanks Fuzzbucket! :D

ETA: Oh wow! So many amazing 3G checkers in the AP! It's hard to choose which ones to keep. 

Edited by Syiren

Loving the event - but my resource drops are (and have been for most of the event so far...) all but non-existent!  I am in desperate need of stone!  

I'm wondering if I move things around if that will make the resources appear, as it suggests in the in-game instructions; but that's a LOT of work to move everything and I really don't want to try it if it has no hope of working!  Any advice?

4 minutes ago, LadyAmlaruil2 said:

Loving the event - but my resource drops are (and have been for most of the event so far...) all but non-existent!  I am in desperate need of stone!  

I'm wondering if I move things around if that will make the resources appear, as it suggests in the in-game instructions; but that's a LOT of work to move everything and I really don't want to try it if it has no hope of working!  Any advice?

It sounds like you have too many decorations for resources to appear much. If you keep a somewhat big "empty" area you should be okay. Rearranging or "deleting" those items that are easier to get resources for (like if you have a ton of snow walls) should help free up room. Also another thing is your resources could be "hiding" behind walls and weapons and such. One way to check is by going to attack a fort. Your walls will go vaguely transparent and you can see if there are resources hiding behind them. If there are you just exit the battle and return to building and move the item(s) that your resources are hiding behind.

I do really suggest having a good amount of "clear" ground though. I do and I get A LOT of resources. I barely use any for repairs either.

Like a lot of people I find myself wishing for more resources, but otherwise having a lot of fun! A shame it has to end after only a week. Here's my own fort - I've enjoyed trying to find creative ways to use pieces.

image.png.3451e536b42b83164a1bdd159d1bb47e.png

Hummmm can resources drop on the chess board squares ?

20 minutes ago, LadyAmlaruil2 said:

If you have any snow or ice walls that you have space behind, try moving the walls to see if there are resources that are totally hidden.  I moved a couple of my snow walls and found 4 resources I had no idea were hidden.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Hummmm can resources drop on the chess board squares ?

Yes.  If you look back at my fort, the near Claudius is sitting on a black chess square with a resource rock on an adjacent black chess square.

11 hours ago, angelicdragonpuppy said:

If you make, say, an L shape of square pond tiles, you can use the banks to smooth the L into more of a ( shape by placing it into the sharp bend. 

4 hours ago, Pilauli said:

Untitled.png.3ca4ca79b2abce5f6a6f204ffa2e42ec.pngThe pink ones?  Those are interior (or concave) corners, I believe.  I've colored the other tiles, too; Blue is exterior/convex, green is straight edge, and yellow is center with no edges.

Thank you both so much! I'm feeling a bit dumb now. :blush: But in my defence, I had trouble seeing the ponds at all on my laptop screen after I placed them, contrast obviously not that great...

9 hours ago, SkyWolf25 said:

I'm glad people seem to be liking my boy Claudius(and his angered state)! =D 

Loved him from the moment I first saw him and was impatiently waiting for some Mana to drop to get him.

37 minutes ago, Pinch of StarDust said:

Yes.  If you look back at my fort, the near Claudius is sitting on a black chess square with a resource rock on an adjacent black chess square.

No I mean the drops where we get parcels with new stuff. Someone said we need to leave plenty of space...

I love building stuff from scratch but it's so aggravating getting all your stuff destroyed all the time... all my resources go down the drain lightning quick and not enough of them spawn to make up for it.

I am tired of having my pretty scenery destroyed and not enough recources to repair. Can it be stopped at some time for level 50 forts please, so we can decorate in peace...