TJ09

2018-12-25 - Happy Holidays!

Soon after waking up today, I discovered that the game has stopped working for me. :( As in: it won't load, because the loading bar freezes up at a certain point. Before today, the game would load without any problems whatsoever in Firefox. But now, it won't load anywhere: not in Firefox, not in Chrome and also not in Safari on my iPhone. Clearing cache doesn't help. It's now evening in my neck of the woods and this situation has not changed for the better in any way, which is of course quite frustrating and disappointing. Am I the only one with this problem, or are there others dealing with this problem today? :huh:

2 hours ago, Stromboli said:

i like how the wreath lines up with the little script dragon, it looks like they're holding it

Adorable! Mine is putting its scarf on a snowman. :D

sb19.jpg.6a5ed95daaa6c9a385c81330b94b3052.jpg

@Nove NuVonde I love your Aegis barn.

Are resources in fort going to be kept or cleaned at the end? They look really nice so I'd like to keep some, but since they're immovable it suggests they're not meant to stay.

24 minutes ago, Kiwiana said:

I am tired of having my pretty scenery destroyed and not enough recources to repair. Can it be stopped at some time for level 50 forts please, so we can decorate in peace...

Exactly why my fort is not built at all yet - I just elveled up and left it as is until it's the last day (I really hope attacking will get impossible on that day), I don't want to waste the few resources on reparis just to rearrange things - I still wasted some precious wood on for-leveling weaponry, and I think I'd like to build stone and gingerbread or cabin, all wildllife and as many plants as posisble:o - every wood piece is worth a ton. Besides, it's easier to find and click resources - I've seen their hitboxes can be a pain, especially behind other things, e.g. the trebuchets.

Wish the Agis could be kept enraged after the event (would be avesome to end up with both blue and brown) - e.g. if you hit it yourelf:P

In general I noticed many of the items overlay wrong at places, wondering what problems I will encounter myself... Can't we just get an option to "place on top" for all the items (the player would have to choose the wrongly overlaying item and "place it on top")  to fix such problems easly, withut going too deep into presets(there willl always remain some that overlay incorrectly, that's why I suggest manual)?

Edited by VixenDra

I love seeing all your forts! :D

I couldn't decide whether I wanted an ice castle, a log cabin or a gingerbread house so I built all of them and now it looks a bit busy...

snowwars2.png.1ea4e5c554eac8627f5bca29e1c4293e.png

Edited by dustpuppy

rocks.png.4574c450566e4a33478311f1a632fb43.png

Are there restrictions on wildlife ? I have enough resources for a penguin, but the stones are coloured red, and I can't build one... I have about 5 birds of one kind or another...

ETA actually - same thing with the cactuses. And a few other things. I have 13 rocks, but loads of things that only need 2 or 3 won't let me do them... See above. WTF ?

Edited by Fuzzbucket

We are getting new eggs in the AP already.

The AP is staying above 4 days this time.

Maybe people bred less?

32 minutes ago, dustpuppy said:

I couldn't decide whether I wanted an ice castle, a log cabin or a gingerbread house so I built all of them and now it looks a bit busy...

I think it looks really pleasant though! Having all three of them makes it look really lively. ^_^ The maze is also a fancy idea.

I'm in the process of rearranging mine. Had to take a break and trying to decide what I want to do with mine. All of yours look so amazing! :wub:

23 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Are there restrictions on wildlife ? I have enough resources for a penguin, but the stones are coloured red, and I can't build one... I have about 5 birds of one kind or another...

ETA actually - same thing with the cactuses. And a few other things. I have 13 rocks, but loads of things that only need 2 or 3 won't let me do them... See above. WTF ?

The resource you're missing is snow, not stone. You've only got 1 snow according to the screenshot.

Merry Christmas! To everyone who contributed their time and talents to DC's Christmas this year, thank you so much for all the hard work! It is really, really appreciated, especially by those of us who are alone this Christmas and not able to get to our families. Honestly, without DC's Christmas fun it wouldn't even have been Christmas at all for me. Just wanted you all to know that your efforts really make much larger difference then you are possibly aware of, to myself and I am sure to many others.

It has been holly heaven, hunting for hollies in the AP this year, so many gorgeous lineages. This and all the fun goings on here has all been a great distraction for me. I have collected so many amazing lineages culminating in my best AP catch ever.... a 2nd gen Holly Bronze tinsel fail! 😍

Edited by Dubious

3 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

@Fuzzbucket are you sure that isn't snow? it looks like the snow sprite shape to me.

Oops. You may be right. Damn ! Thanks. Off to hope for more drops...

I spent an hour decorating and spending to do it, and now my fort went back to where it was before the renovations and all my loot is still spent. What in the hell. Why did I lose everything?

is there a place for us to post our forts? i think mine looks funny and i wonder if others would share the same sentiment.

For the love of all holiday dragons please make a collect all and repair all button. Having to move around my carefully placed items to try and find everything that needs collected and repaired is so time consuming. ;-; This game is so fun otherwise. 

A very nice drop I got towards the beginning of the game, vs my little fort in the forest now :)

BEDA3EFC-82FC-4CB5-9996-2356877B455D.jpeg

B02338A7-D76E-48F9-84E6-8553DF773EE7.jpeg

11 minutes ago, TJ09 said:

Update 4 (reload the event to see):

• Gaining XP after level 50 now continues to fill your XP bar. You'll get two random presents full of resources every time you fill it. If you've already been gaining XP at max level, you'll find a bunch of presents already waiting for you.
  • The helpful text box during battle has gotten shy from all the attention and now runs away from your mouse.
  • The Peace on Earth is finished refueling and is now ready to spread holiday cheer to all of your enemies.
  • The Trojan Reindeer is now ready to roll into battle.
  • Damaged weapons can again be used as long as their HP is above zero.
  • Hovering over a disabled weapon will explain why you can't use it.

Thank you TJ

YES - HUGE drop, and I have fixed most of what was wrong ;)

just finished my little fort, right before that update. :lol:

don't really feel like repairing stuff because it'll just get destroyed right after + i don't have enough resources.

Untitled.png

Edited by dooblepurple

Thank you to TJ, all the spriters and everybody who's worked so hard on this years wonderful Holiday event. I've had so much fun with Snow Wars, even with the small glitches/bugs and the attacks on my fort *g* At the moment I'm letting it sit. I'm happy with it, and as far as I can understand, it seems like any damage might not roll over into the permanent display of the fort. So unless I get some new decorating ideas (or information to the opposite, that damage will remain) it'll remain as it is.

The new Holiday dragons look gorgeous. I was a tiny bit disappointed that it wasn't going to be a very colourful dragon this year, but the delicate hatchling sprites, the beautiful eggs and the promise of an even more beautiful adult dragon, has convinced me otherwise.

Thank you! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays and a wonderful New Year!

2 hours ago, Kiwiana said:

I am tired of having my pretty scenery destroyed and not enough recources to repair. Can it be stopped at some time for level 50 forts please, so we can decorate in peace...

This, please. I don’t even have any weapons anymore. I just want to finish my forest. Repairing is a pain the neck. I have so much stuff, I have to keep disassembling and moving things around to see what’s broken.