sh20000sh

SH's secretly hidden bingo

Do explain.... (See it in that post ? Um - no.... :lol:)

try CTRL+F in that spoiler for "celestial" ;)

I see it now. But - well, I just don't TRY any more. Too old !

F12 bingo: https://dragcave.net/view/tGFf6

Honnestly, I'm feeling the bingo games are more and more centered around secrets and some people are getting way to competitive about it. Most of time I dont even bother looking for them. I dont mind secrets but when the 3/4 of points are on secret and barely have regulars ones its maybe a bit to much. Am I the only one thinking that ? 

3 minutes ago, Little-Star said:

Honnestly, I'm feeling the bingo games are more and more centered around secrets and some people are getting way to competitive about it. Most of time I dont even bother looking for them. I dont mind secrets but when the 3/4 of points are on secret and barely have regulars ones its maybe a bit to much. Am I the only one thinking that ? 

Well, this one definitely is! XD That's its name. :D

No you aren't entirely. I do think hosts should get to do their own thing, and I don't actually want to win (the last time I did was an accident). BUT -

I don't mind when the secrets are equally solvable by everyone - but that isn't always the case... I did prefer it when they were - as the first post says:

These bingos can be found in my posts within this thread, my profile, and my scroll.

But they now often actually require going to another website entirely and then going through all kinds of binary converters and the like.. Maybe we need a new game here - find a secret; take your turn hiding one ?

Nothing personal, sh20000sh. But it feels sad when I, for one, don't really bother trying for most of them, because I know I haven't a prayer. (then again I also don't want to win, so... ;) )

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Well, this one definitely is! XD That's its name. :D

THAT's funny. OK fair cop :lol:

12 minutes ago, Little-Star said:

some people are getting way to competitive about it

Bingos are some kind of competition, aren't they?

They are indeed. But it's nice if they don't simply rule a lot of people out. I still have no idea how several of those secrets worked, even when it was explained to me. I had no chance at all of solving them. I'm still having plenty of fun with the regulars, mind. But the only people who can possibly be setting next time's are those who "get" these secrets.

I think the way secrets are being done by some hosts recently really does change the character of the game. I don't know if that is a bad thing or not, but as one who has really never enjoyed that part of the game, I feel it puts me at a distinct disadvantage. Since, like Fuzz, I really don't care much about winning any more, it doesn't really hurt me, but there are some who might find it frustrating to have almost no chance of winning if they don't have the time or interest or ability to hunt down obscure clues. Secrets did used to be something that anyone had a chance at and they didn't dominate the game. I think people have been very creative and clever in both creating and solving these bingos, but I do wonder if they are just becoming too large a part of the game.

4 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

But the only people who can possibly be setting next time's are those who "get" these secrets.

Not exactly. Several recent winners have let others host in their stead.

On secrets, I got the feeling players are expecting there to be some at all times - they're trying to solve or find some even if there aren't any.

When I hosted, it made me kind of feel obligated to put more and more, and also to make them more complicated just so they "lasted longer" XD

14 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

I think people have been very creative and clever in both creating and solving these bingos, but I do wonder if they are just becoming too large a part of the game.

That was my point, we are almost at 30 secrets for 12 flash and only 5 regulars. 

@Ruby Eyes yes it is kinda of a competition but I saw some people at some point getting mad to not find them before others or taking it too seriously. It isnt fair for people not bothering/not have the time or energy to find and solve them. I've been playing bingo games since 2011 and changes can be good sometimes but focusing on secrets isnt that good for some people. I don't care about winner (never won in 7 years), I'm here for the fun but right now it isnt really there. 

Secrets should be bonuses not the main game. 

Edited by Little-Star

12 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

Not exactly. Several recent winners have let others host in their stead.

On secrets, I got the feeling players are expecting there to be some at all times - they're trying to solve or find some even if there aren't any.

When I hosted, it made me kind of feel obligated to put more and more, and also to make them more complicated just so they "lasted longer" XD

I did rather feel I had to keep making new ones, I must admit. But I just hid them; they didn't need head-scratching work. Not least because I wouldn't be up to settling such things :lol:

F12 expired

Frankly speaking, I was bit rushed before round 1 started. There were 16 secrets and 6 flashes. I would rather say that week as Round 0

39 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

It was my thought about Secrets. Especially after S24 and S25 were solved immediately.