sh20000sh

SH's secretly hidden bingo

Idk, I'm new to dragon bingo, so my views on secrets probably aren't worth much, but I'd prefer either no/few secrets or only easy secrets over complex ones or tons of secrets (even super easy ones). They're effectively the same as challenge bingos, first to post it gets it; that's fine, but having half the available points be complex/hidden challenges would be annoying too.

Traditional bingo is a row/corners/etc, not first to yell that they have B6, and certainly not first to spot that the caller, Bea, has on 6 rings XD

Edit: and I broke the page, because of course I did!

Edited by ArgentiAertheri

If I ever end up setttng it again, I shall do secrets differently... Don't watch this space :ph34r:

I'm pretty sure the last time I hosted I had NO secrets and no one complained. Maybe they hoped I would never host again XD but they didn't complain. I don't see why a host needs to feel pressured.

As recent few games were fast pace ones, I thought I had to keep something to do in there.

At this point, no secrets are out there. Maybe not will.

Hey sh2000sh - this isn't directed at you; just at the direction the game as a whole is sliding. I felt very stressed about secrets last time I hosted.

I am VERY much enjoying your game. Can't wait for the next round ;)

Yeah, it's definitely not personal sh! It's that all of the (admittedly few) games I've played seem to have been decided by secrets.

Yeah, what they said. Variance is what makes individual bingo threads unique and interesting - challenging or simple secrets, many or few secrets. Or none at all. It's all different in each threads. Personally I don't mind how they're handled. It's up to the host. :) 

3 hours ago, Naraku said:

Yeah, what they said. Variance is what makes individual bingo threads unique and interesting - challenging or simple secrets, many or few secrets. Or none at all. It's all different in each threads. Personally I don't mind how they're handled. It's up to the host. :) 

It's what I like about these bingos, too. Different concepts, ideas, different things to look for on your scroll which makes you re-discover old, long-forgotten lineages, too! XD

10 hours ago, Little-Star said:

@Ruby Eyes yes it is kinda of a competition but I saw some people at some point getting mad to not find them before others or taking it too seriously. It isnt fair for people not bothering/not have the time or energy to find and solve them.

You're probably refering to me there, with me being so ready to tell how frustrated certain things make me XD See, I'm mostly unhappy about repeated incidents of "just missed" only due to timezone and an inflexible work schedule in real life :lol: , and about things that *look* like they require skill but in truth only rely on chance. That's certainly something I won't use in my bingo, should I ever host another one again. But I'd also be interested in seeing you host one!

Timezone is fair enough. This game IS international, and if they all suit MY timezone, someone elsewhere won't see them before I do - they can't. It's good that they get spread out as they do.

I've no quarrel with the variety of secrets either - but they do seem to be kind of taking over, taking precedence over get regular rounds (as in if you were playing at bronze level and got them all first. you'd win without a single point from the regular rounds ! I would be equally "guilty" here as I had just as many, I think !) and also to be becoming incomprehensible to some of us (moi ! ;) )

Then again - it's all about variety.

I don't recall having secrets at all in mine, but I do remember people grumbling that my rounds appeared too closely together (though I din't think I closed each one out before starting the next - that was a VERY long time ago... XD ).

Now that you mention it, The Holy Sock blasted me for that, and gave up.

I planned this game with relatively small rounds, and with relatively big 'extras'. I think I won't change this pattern.

F13 : Halloween breed whose code starts with number (15min from next post)

Round 2 points had been applied.

For M bingo, Lagie got first place with 255 and Ruby got second place with 63 if I checked correctly.

If I made something wrong on score board, let me know.

Good stuff. Awaits further action :lol:

Not that I plan to TRY - but what do the A, B and C mean in terms of secrets ?

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

Not that I plan to TRY - but what do the A, B and C mean in terms of secrets ?

difficulty level, as per sh's standards XD A should be easiest (like white text somewhere), C toughest (like with multiple encoding thingies)

Sometimes I startle myself....

5 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

S27: is there randomness involved?

Not exactly :lol:

Edited by Fuzzbucket

I always did hate making choices :D

... and that Minty ain't dangerous at all!