Shokomon

Watching the Market

I forgot how graphs work and looked for myself, stats really went up 100 shards more lol nice

i looked at what TJ said about the market prices but I don’t quite understand it, if the prices aren’t automatically adjusted due to rarity in the caves then what exactly is the math behind it? 

1 hour ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

if the prices aren’t automatically adjusted due to rarity in the caves then what exactly is the math behind it? 

Presumably it's also based off population since ratios affect everything. Underpopulated dragons (like unpopular, rarely-bred breeds) are cheaper while overpopulated ones (like trios, aeons, or bred-only alt breeds) are more expensive, on top of the base rarity multiplier. There's also a time element involved, as dragons stop counting towards ratios once they're so old (perhaps a year?).

Edited by Shadowdrake

2 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Presumably it's also based off population since ratios affect everything. Underpopulated dragons (like unpopular, rarely-bred breeds) are cheaper while overpopulated ones (like trios, aeons, or bred-only alt breeds) are more expensive, on top of the base rarity multiplier. There's also a time element involved, as dragons stop counting towards ratios once they're so old (perhaps a year?).

Aaah I see, I think I get it

thanks for clearing that up 💕

On 12/2/2022 at 11:22 PM, Shokomon said:

GAH. It really is skyrocketing again. Stats I mean.

*whistles* i wonder if stats will ever truly reach a point where the price is p much fixed and they only rise and fall with new releases like just about every other dragon. or if they will always be in flux.

I want to say I came back to DC about 10 months ago now? and I can just now finally afford a Stat from the market.... wondering if I even bother to shell out the shards or just wait another half a year to see if they drop any x.x

Some changes since my last update! All tracked in the spreadsheet, of course :) 

2 Dec 2022 26 Jan 2023 Change in price
Aeon Wyvern 1,800 1,700 -100
Black Capped Teimarr Dragon 100 200 100
Blusang Lindwyrm 1,100 1,000 -100
Gold Dragon 2,600 2,700 100
Harvest Dragon 600 500 -100
Magma Dragon 3,100 3,000 -100
Olive Dragon 100 200 100
Paper Dragon 2,200 2,100 -100
Pipio Pygmy 500 400 -100
Sandwaste Dragon 200 100 -100
Spotted Greenwing Dragon 100 200 100
Thunder Dragon 2,100 2,000 -100
Turpentine Dragon 100 200 100
Xenowyrm (Aquilo) 200 300 100
Xenowyrm (Aso) 200 300 100
Xenowyrm (Ke'maro) 200 300 100
Xenowyrm (Obidar) 200 300 100
Xenowyrm (Pharos) 200 300 100
Xenowyrm (Staterae) 4,100 4,300 200
Xenowyrm (Umbra) 200 300 100
Gallus gallus domesticus 2,900 2,800 -100
Pterodactylus maximus 2,100 2,000 -100

Stats are 4,600. I've kind of accepted that I'll never get one. I'm at 1,800 rn and I think I might as well just get an aeon or a silver.

That has happened every time there's a new release. If you give up and go for a silver, you will set yourself SO far back....And aeons are easy to get in the hub.

Edited by Fuzzbucket

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

That has happened every time there's a new release. If you give up and go for a silver, you will set yourself SO far back....And aeons are easy to get in the hub.

Oh, interesting. I didn't connect those two events. Why is it that new releases cause the market prices to rise?

2 hours ago, meeps114 said:

Oh, interesting. I didn't connect those two events. Why is it that new releases cause the market prices to rise?

Prices are partially based on ratio balancing, so because we have a very underpopulated new breed, everything else increases in price because they're considered overpopulated. It's the same reason why new releases cause floods of new eggs and literally nothing else in-cave. 

You probably won't be able to buy one in May, but last year Stats dropped rapidly down to 3.2k around that time before slowing climbing again. They won't increase price forever, so don't lose hope.

Decided to buy myself a CB Gold for my birthday. They are up to 2,800 shards (yikes!). Still bought it! 

50 minutes ago, Shadowdrake said:

Staterae are at 5000 shards! Incredible!

OOF

That release jump is no joke.

Weep. WEEP I SAY.

Stats now at 4,900. Wonder if it was changed in the past few hours? They were lower before the event started, although I didn't make a note of it.

Having just returned for 3 months, it's nice to know that if I play and save for another 9 months I could afford a stat from the market, or not, if the price goes up faster than my savings lol

Btw just learned today that Stat was flooding on release day and people were tossing them away or trading 1:1 to other new xenos. Wild 🤯

Edited by CuteDragons

2 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

Having just returned for 3 months, it's nice to know that if I play and save for another 9 months I could afford a stat from the market, or not, if the price goes up faster than my savings lol

Btw just learned today that Stat was flooding on release day and people were tossing them away or trading 1:1 to other new xenos. Wild 

Keep an eye on it--prices jump around the new releases, so it'll likely go back down over a few weeks.  Not by much, true, but it will hopefully drop down some.

And yeah, it's hard to predict what part of a NR is gonna be crazy rare, sometimes you miscalculate and just end up kicking yourself after XD

7 hours ago, KageSora said:

And yeah, it's hard to predict what part of a NR is gonna be crazy rare, sometimes you miscalculate and just end up kicking yourself after XD

If I had a time machine I'd tell me from 10 years ago to ignore the rest of the release and grab nothing but copper eggs

Edited by Chaos Rider

11 hours ago, CuteDragons said:

Btw just learned today that Stat was flooding on release day and people were tossing them away or trading 1:1 to other new xenos. Wild

Indeed they were. That's how I got 2 CBs, as someone had 4 stats and wanted others !

6 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Stats have finally dropped down to a very reasonable 4800.

And now they're at 4,900! :o Wow, I didn't know they were this volatile. I thought they changed maybe once a week, not potentially several times a day? 

Stats are 4900 again (and sonatas down to 100 instead of 200 like they were when first unlocked). This release is a rollercoaster.

Sonatas are back to 200 and Stats are 4800. That was fast...