Shokomon

Watching the Market

I can't imagine it dropping even now but hopefully the price for Stats stalls so folks can buy one or at least get closer to them. My first was a huge pain and I'm playing catch up (3500 shards currently) for my 2nd so I can finally have a CB pair and then I'm done with this dang breed - I really want to spend my shards on other things but Stats are so hard to come by that I feel I have to prioritize them over all else. I'm glad the market exists but I'm still wishing I had caught a pair on release. The amount of shards I'm going end up spending oooooof.

Stateraes increased AGAIN? Well shoot. 

Suppose that makes them even rarer in the biomes as well. And they were rare already- I've only ever seen one in the biomes in all my time here. But I dont have the reflexes of those cave hunters here. 

I'm still four, five weeks behind with my shards, and since we can only earn a hundred per week, I think it'll keep staying that way. 

But the price has to eventually drop, right..?

I can't help but feel a little bit punished as a "casual" player, I work full time, I can't scavenge the biomes for golds and silvers all day so I can some day perhaps trade for a stat. Speaking of, I don't even have a cb pair of Golds, or Silvers. 

Edited by Nokturna

9 hours ago, Nokturna said:

I can't help but feel a little bit punished as a "casual" player, I work full time, I can't scavenge the biomes for golds and silvers all day so I can some day perhaps trade for a stat. Speaking of, I don't even have a cb pair of Golds, or Silvers. 

This is pretty much exactly what the Market is meant to help, so even if you can't catch CB rares in the biomes (whether because of time, reflexes, whatever) you can eventually save up enough to buy them. Before the Market it was so unbalanced in that way. Thankfully Stats are, so far, the *only* breed that has continually increased in price like this (I'm still amazed how cheap Golds and Silvers are, and they've remained fairly stable price-wise for awhile now). 

I keep thinking Stats *must* plateau at some point, they just must. Wonder how much longer it will take. (I'm so very thankful I bought a couple when the prices were significantly lower.)

I really hope they at least stay consistent for a while or even better drop a little. When they were released I did not manage to catch any and was really lucky I had some shards saved up to buy a CB pair. One at the initial 900 shards and the other at around thousand and a bit. So really lucky. I wish I had decided to buy another, but alas nope, I did not. At least I do not really have any breeding plans for myself.
So far I still have not missed a single Gold in cave - because I have yet to see one at all. BUT. I managed to actually catch a Stat a few days ago. Was hunting gemshards, did not see any and then clicked an egg with "mana" in it's egg description out of reflex and my brain went "wait that is not the xeno desc after all!". Happy surprise! They exist in cave, you can be lucky and accidently catch one.

16 hours ago, caseytalk said:

I cannot ever buy one.  It goes up by 100 or more a week and I can only earn 100 a week.  I think that's not right.   

This is why I’ve given up on trying. I just buy random rares now because it just keeps going up with no end in sight. 

I would have enough to buy a Stat now if I hadn't broken down and bought two of the new Gemshards, since I never see them in the biomes, either.

I am now 100 shards short and hope that eventually the price will plateau so I can buy one more. I have one male that I bought way back when they were new for a far lower price. I would like to get him a mate and then I shall be done with them, I think, unless I catch up on absolutely everything else that I need for my scroll goals.

I'm honestly thinking about giving up saving for CB Stat and just buy some CB Gold or Silver, as they price is much more affordable. With my current shards I can buy either 2 CB Gold or 2 CB Silver, and I will still have some shards left :D

It's not that I want to complain much - I really love the market. Idea that everybody can get any CB if they save enough shards that they can get each week for only playing DC is so amazing!

But I wish that Stat price would at least stay at one price for a 1-2 months, so some people have the chance of buying it.

It also was pretty normal to see slight drop of price for rares when holidays started, but this year we got a rise and Stat price is rising almost each week now - I would love a little break of this rise.

On the one hand I'm grateful the Stat prices held steady long enough for me to catch up and buy one a couple of months back. On the other hand that happened at the same time that the new xenos jumped to 200 shards so now it's taking twice as long to collect all of them too

i swear they will break the record for priciest thing at this point

Zowie! That is high! 

Ouch!

I am 15 shards short to the 4800, and it looks like it will take me a lot of time to get to the current Stat price 😕

At least metals didn't get a rise, so if Stats price will rise again beofre I reach 4900 shards, I will know what to get instead of it :D

I propose a market cap at 5200.  At a maximum of 100/week, it means the most you ever have to save up for a market egg would be one year.  That's not unreasonable, is it?  To be honest, I think it would be more reasonable to cap it at 2600 or six months.   Please, TJ?  I don't know how the price can be going up every week if the only people who can buy it have been saving for a year.   At some point, you need to check your algorithms.  

4 hours ago, caseytalk said:

I propose a market cap at 5200.  At a maximum of 100/week, it means the most you ever have to save up for a market egg would be one year.  That's not unreasonable, is it?  To be honest, I think it would be more reasonable to cap it at 2600 or six months.   Please, TJ?  I don't know how the price can be going up every week if the only people who can buy it have been saving for a year.   At some point, you need to check your algorithms.  

You may want to make this an actual suggestion in the request thread. That way I and others can give visible support. Be sure to post the thread here!

Note: This isn't a comment on fixing it - just my background of understanding why the Market does what it does and the supply vs. demand and confusion on Stat-flation (not Stagflation - CB Stat fast Inflation!)

There are reasons I don't like Market Caps and how it causes the very opposite effect, but that said - the entire purpose of the Trading Market & Monthly Raffles (vs annual/Holiday only) was to provide a greater amount of supply for a thing that was so in demand it was literally causing negative and toxicity among the Player Base and making even general people frustrated and upset.  Also, some things like CB Trios or Dinos or Eggs are very expensive on the Market (for reasons I believe are fair, no Biome Only variation, so worth more), but people don't have a super horrible time getting CB Dinos or Trios or Chickens if they want. They are commonly enough caught, traded and gifted.

I totally get that the Spriter/Breed Creator gets a bit of say into the market as well - but CB Stats are now in the same pbucket as CB Prizes and CB Gold/Silvers were before the awesome Monthly Raffles and The Market were implemented to fix the demand issue. And even if I don't know the reason behind it - I would say whatever the reason, there does have to be a more realistic supply vs. Demand on these dragons because of its direct impact on player base and their experience and retention and attitude/morale. 

So I am really really confused about why the Stat Prices are as they are because they seem 300% the opposite of why players and Admins & Staff worked so hard on the ideas of more frequent Raffles and/or more The Market to fix this very thing.

And there used to be Player Raffles and random giftings for people who were fast and good at catching. But with CB Stat Eggs, that isn't a thing. A CB Stat Egg is literally orders of magnitude more valuable than most any other dragon (maybe except Prizes or Dark Sweetlings and CB HMs) that exist in our entire collection of tons of awesome new breeds we have to choose from.

Edited by Natayah

Updates!

16 Jan 2022 27 Feb 2022 Change in price
Alcedine Wyvern 100 200 100
Ash Dragon 200 100 -100
Ciriax Lindwyrm 700 600 -100
Floret Wyvern 600 700 100
Floret Wyvern 600 700 100
Golden Wyvern 1,500 1,400 -100
Ice Dragon 3,100 3,000 -100
Kingcrowne Dragon 800 700 -100
Magma Dragon 4,300 4,200 -100
Thunder Dragon 3,000 2,900 -100
Tsunami Wyvern 300 200 -100
Xenowyrm (Staterae) 4,800 5,100 300
Gallus gallus domesticus 3,200 3,100 -100
Pterodactylus maximus 2,000 1,900 -100
Stegosaurus stenops 2,100 2,000 -100

8 minutes ago, LadyLoki said:

5,200 now. alot

Looks like they are still 5,100 at the moment. 

image.jpeg.67a1f76780e159572ea1c1a1d74eeeeb.jpeg

12 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Looks like they are still 5,100 at the moment. 

image.jpeg.67a1f76780e159572ea1c1a1d74eeeeb.jpeg

What! I swear, when I looked before commenting, they said 5,200. :dry:

3 hours ago, LadyLoki said:

What! I swear, when I looked before commenting, they said 5,200. :dry:

Prices can change any time so it could have been 5,200 for a bit :)