Shokomon

Watching the Market

Now we have the reverse where Stats were once continuously rising, they are now continuously falling.

I'm not mad though.

Stats are officially no longer the most expensive!

They're down to 4100, while Magmas remain at 4200

Yay in a few weeks, I can...

A new update! I've been keeping the spreadsheet updated, but not this thread :') 

KTyGETm.png

21 Mar 2022 16 May 2022 Change in price
Avin Pygmy (New) 200 (New)
Baikala Dragon 600 400 -200
Bright-Breasted Wyvern 100 200 100
Canopy Dragon 100 200 100
Floret Wyvern 700 100 -600
Floret Wyvern 200 700 500
Galvanic Wyvern 400 500 100
Geminae Dragon 300 400 100
Gemshard Dragon 100 200 100
Ghanser Dragon (New) 200 (New)
Gold Dragon 2,300 2,400 100
Gold-horned Tangar 100 200 100
Golden Wyvern 1,500 1,400 -100
Horse Dragon 100 200 100
Lotaan Dragon (New) 100 (New)
Magelight Pygmy 400 300 -100
Nebula Dragon 700 600 -100
Neotropical Dragon 100 200 100
Silver Dragon 1,700 1,800 100
Wisteria Dragon (New) 200 (New)
White Dragon 200 100 -100
Xenowyrm (Staterae) 5,400 4,100 -1,300
Gallus gallus domesticus 3,200 3,100 -100
Edited by PonyTales

Regarding the Stats, wow!  Never thought I would see them drop like this.  Good news!

Stats are officially below 4k!  Down to 3900!

It's a miracle!

Though, now I'm wondering if the Stats are just going to be ping-ponging up and down in the market. 

Like Stats were really valuable and rare on release, so everyone was buying them. That made the price skyrocketed up to where no one could buy them. However, since now no one can buy Stats, the price has started dropping drastically. Eventually, everyone will start buying them again as they are still hard to breed, and the price will skyrocket up in response...

See what I mean?

I hope not but I fear so considering Magmas are STILL 4200

I'm wondering if this is actually due to the ratios excluding dragons over a certain age, in which case it probably would pingpong a bit as the ratio's counted population stabilizes. If it was just due to people not being able to buy, I don't think it would drop so drastically so fast as people surely saved up at the same rate it went up.

18 hours ago, KageSora said:

Stats are officially below 4k!  Down to 3900!

And now at 4500 - I imagine several people bought them.... Sadly I suspect a dash of supply and demand....

2 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

And now at 4500 - I imagine several people bought them.... Sadly I suspect a dash of supply and demand....

Curses...

Ah well, at least we know they can dip lower and won't just keep going up eternally.

Edit:  Oh...  Looks like Magmas jumped to 4700.  image.png.b3c8f705e3cda7edf4f6da6234d37f43.png

Edited by KageSora

I don't quite see how that would affect it - but OK - I was hoping to get one within the month, too. Down to 4400 again....

55 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

I don't quite see how that would affect it - but OK - I was hoping to get one within the month, too. Down to 4400 again....

They always make prices jump up.

4 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

New releases always make the ratios horribly imbalanced with the flux of new empty populations the game has to prioritize, and since there's seven of them the jump this release is more drastic than usual. So everything rare enough shoots up in price until the cave quits the release craze.

Stats are at 4000. I don't often need to buy anything, and I may regret this later if they end up at 2k and I could have had 2 -- but the hell with it; I bought one. At least I finally have my 2 pairs.

9 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

Stats are at 4000. I don't often need to buy anything, and I may regret this later if they end up at 2k and I could have had 2 -- but the hell with it; I bought one. At least I finally have my 2 pairs.

Better to buy them now and they drop, then not buy them and they rise...

Finally was able to buy my second Stat for 3,800 shards! I finally have a pair! 🤩

I've bought mine at 3700 now) Looks like it's steady downwards trend. I hope it'll go on.

I was finally able to buy a Stat!! I guess being away for a few months played out in my favour because when I checked on a whim today they were at 3500. 

Stats for 3,300 now.... I can finally afford one! Now do I buy it as I'm going to a festival in 2 days time and won't be the most attentive 😆

What do we think the reasonable low price for a Stat will be? How low will they go? Maybe 2,500?

Thinking on it, there will probably be a new release next weekend so I'll buy now to make sure I get one before the prices jump up again!

Edited by Seahorse