TJ09

2018-05-21 - Dragon Cave's 12th Birthday!

1 hour ago, Shokomon said:

I always saw the male Melismor like a landing squirrel

austin-squirrel-landing.jpg squirrel-jumping-and-landing-on-front-pa

But with more vertebrae. 

Neither of these have their heads back - they also have their legs stretched forward, to accommodate the landing. The legs of the male Melismor are squared. His front half is resting/stationary, only his back half is moving at all. His front legs are squarely under his shoulders; that's the biggest issue with the pose. You could argue more vertebrae would do that all day - we don't know - but his front half is squared and stationary, while his back half has motion.

But again it's not a big deal; I solved my own problem with the anatomy by deciding to view it as a wizard messing with 'em 😁

Being a hufflepuff, I am super happy that not only are the Malismor super cute elegant ferret/badger eastern dragons, but they are the only ones with demorphisim 

2 hours ago, Shokomon said:

For some reason, these images appear to me as a long list of text and broken images. When I open them on a new tab, they ask for my google password. I don't think that's how it's supposed to work...

Also, the AP is filled with less than 3 day low time eggs. It's been a long time since I've seen the AP this low when it wasn't a holiday. 

Okay, let's try this again! x) 

"I love the Melismors so much, I made a little comic about a farm boy named Eddie and his carrot dilemma. 

According to @Malcorium, Melismors' magic is capable of invigorating the plantlife in the soil around their burrows for bigger, tastier foods." 

Under the spoiler because the images are rather large and may stretch the page. 

Spoiler

Tq5I486.jpg

6nP8EcG.jpg

6fjtCpo.jpg

9mVIdcl.jpg

i5uWRHN.jpg

ZHIJuEq.jpg

Rf0OfDy.jpg

SI52dv6.jpg

t6eQrTf.jpg

KyR2YCu.jpg

cQzdqVW.jpg

EyiNyaD.jpg

Vck87y5.jpg

KvJoYv7.jpg

LDMfZdq.jpg

Is that better? No more broken images? x)

Friend shaped Melismors :D 

3 minutes ago, hazeh said:

Okay, let's try this again! x) 

"I love the Melismors so much, I made a little comic about a farm boy named Eddie and his carrot dilemma. 

According to @Malcorium, Melismors' magic is capable of invigorating the plantlife in the soil around their burrows for bigger, tastier foods." 

Under the spoiler because the images are rather large and may stretch the page. 

Hide contents

Tq5I486.jpg

6nP8EcG.jpg

6fjtCpo.jpg

9mVIdcl.jpg

i5uWRHN.jpg

ZHIJuEq.jpg

Rf0OfDy.jpg

SI52dv6.jpg

t6eQrTf.jpg

KyR2YCu.jpg

cQzdqVW.jpg

EyiNyaD.jpg

Vck87y5.jpg

KvJoYv7.jpg

LDMfZdq.jpg

Is that better? No more broken images? x)

Friend shaped Melismors :D 

YES, much better!

It's great! This comic is adorable. 

The little "wut" makes me crack up. 

They are indeed shaped like friend.

11 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

these might be my new favorite dragons on my scroll.

tumblr_p9b9gwjL3q1r9fky2o2_1280.png

Ahh, I knew someone would be after a 'particularly good finder' name. I'm surprised that wasn't already taken! I love it. :D This is my favourite Hufflepuff related joke. I think I'm going to name some of my Melismors something similar. 

11 hours ago, Alrexwolf said:

It almost looks as if some wizard is lifting its hind end separately with magic... just picking it up and flopping it around while the dragon was just trying to stand there enjoying its day.

LOL, so somebody's running around casting Levicorpus on the Hufflepuff dragons? "Leggo my ankle!" 😄

Shiny new dragons! Looking forward to have them on my own scroll.

@hazeh Very cute story.

Edited by Tigerkralle

6 hours ago, Shokomon said:

I always saw the male Melismor like a landing squirrel

austin-squirrel-landing.jpg squirrel-jumping-and-landing-on-front-pa

But with more vertebrae. 

Or a ferret :D

Overall I am not thrilled with the sprite updates.  I tried to give it a little time to see if they grew on me but it's not happening.

Reds

One of my favorite dragons and my army isn't just for the incubates.  I still picked them up because I liked them.  Initially when I saw the new sprite I thought the details on the scales were great, it wasn't until I started looking at my lineages that I saw what bothers me.  They aren't the same red anymore, it's closer to holly red than the old red now. :(  The lineage tile profile has changed, bringing the far wing forward rather competes with the face for attention.  Their teeth now blend into the scroll (default) background and just look gape mouthed rather then ferocious.  The wings now look like satin which is at odds with the rugged scaled body to me.

I really did love that dark red of the old red dragon, I think it's just wrap up what lineages I have going and call them done.

Seasonals

Where to start?  So many things that bother me have been mentioned by others.  The overall "pointiness" departure from the rounded movement of the old sprites.  The new ones seem posed rather than moving. 

I don't like the introduction of the purple to the winter's heads and they lost their charm with the changes in poses. 

My autumns,  that deep lovely brown is gone from the female.  She just looks washed out now.  The male is stiff and lost his forward movement that I so liked paired with snow angels.  The males now look like they are trying to put the brakes on the snow angels rather than running with them.

I can't quite put my finger on where the springs lost their coyness.  I am suspecting that lengthening the tails on all of them and trying to balance that is part of what I see as the problem.

Summers I didn't work with that much.  In some ways they do look better than they did. Though I liked the wing spread of the old sprite in the lineage tile better where you could see the edge of the wing.

Guess it's just as well I was already winding down my seasonal projects as I am terrible about remembering to breed them at the right times.

I've really been loving everything in this release; the trading hub in particular is such an awesome addition! Thanks so much TJ and spriters. :)

I'll have my first adults in about an hour!! So excited. This has been such an awesome DC birthday!

V8bzLZY.jpg

Here's the original one-and-a-half-year-old concept art of the Razorcrests! It took me a while before I was able to find a pose I liked, and had the skill set to properly visualize the wings and frills in perspective. In the final version, the face changed to be more beaky, a third horn and wing finger were added, and the frills on the side of the neck became one single frill along the neck vertebrae. It's rare for me to work from concept art, so I thought it might be fun to share this!

Fun fact: The silver markings along a Razorcrest's wings and frills are a sign of age; they aren't there when they first mature, and slowly creep in as the dragon ages. The oldest individuals have completely silver wings and frills; the only bronze left is on their inner head crest and talons.

Edited by PieMaster

OMGoodness! These adults look amazing!!! ❤️ 

I'm definitely going to collect them like crazy!!! ❤️ 

To all of those involved: very well done! They are absolutely gorgeous and a wonderful new addition to our cave! :D 

Anyone know if notifications have been fixed?

As stated before, the Harry Potter references are completely lost on me, but they all look great! ~  I especially love the Lacula and Razorcrest.

My first batch of Hogwarts students have grown up and passed their OWLS with flying colors! TJ and spriters have won the house cup with this Birthday event! Well done and thank you!

Edited by Syiren

Happy B.Day belated :D
I love the market and the trading function! Thanks for implementing something new.

Edited by saphiria

Yaaayyyy! I have two adult Leodons, two adult Razorcrests, and one adult Lacula! Oh they are just beautiful! 

My first batch grew up, still don't care too much for this release. Seems like I don't like many of the birthday releases lately though.

Two more hours before the first of my new ones grow up. I have to say the Laculas are my favorite followed by the Razorcrests. Love the colors selected for the Razorcrests and the deep greens for the Laculas. The Melisimors are fun looking. They kind of remind me of ferrets.

So much pretty! The Razorcrest are my favourite but noodles are always welcome. And the Melismor are so slinky and the Leodon sprite is awesome in how it conveys the hugeness of 

the dragon, seriously how did you do that?

Thank you Spriters and TJ for an awesome birthday celebration.