Kaini

Raffle Discussion

Wow I finally won the raffle after years of trying and even better on Halloween, now I must think of an appropriate name😻🎃

On 10/31/2022 at 8:14 AM, Ambzduh said:

Wow I finally won the raffle after years of trying and even better on Halloween, now I must think of an appropriate name😻🎃

That's awesome!!  Many congrats!

39 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

That's awesome!!  Many congrats!

Thank you very much, I've been waiting years patiently 😹 I have many plans for her!💖

I legitimately cannot believe this is happening.

I was busy during this week so I barely had time to check DC, logged in today just to see that I won yet another bronze Shimmer. Yes, again.

Like with the previous two I'm going to drop this one into AP in ~12 or so hours. I'll be sure to update the post with precise time of drop + the timer on the egg.

Not gonna lie, it feels like some kind of a cruel joke.

E: Egg has been dropped now, at 6:42 AM DC time, with 6d 12h remaining.

It was claimed at 5:35 PM, so the timer will go down to 6d 11h at 7:35 AM.

Good luck to the hunters.

Edited by LevelsOfViolence

I know this thread is a bit inactive but I had a question about raffles!

It says I need to raise 3 dragons from the coast; does this mean they HAVE to be CB coast dragons or can I pick up eggs in the AP that are breeds that originally come from the coast? 

It means they have to be CB. A bred dragon's page won't say "coast" - instead of location, it will; show lineage.

Bred:

image.png.8dd620a016d2e35117e11e728594dc55.png

CB:

image.png.3942ab0e9f8cd8f1c477e7a0222c3b05.png

Just now, Fuzzbucket said:

It means they have to be CB. A bred dragon's page won't say "coast" - instead of location, it will; show lineage.

Bred:

image.png.8dd620a016d2e35117e11e728594dc55.png

CB:

image.png.3942ab0e9f8cd8f1c477e7a0222c3b05.png

Thank you! I nabbed 3 eggs about a day and a half ago and messed up my timings and didn't realize I would be egglocked when the Holiday eggs drop at midnight lol I was gonna abandon the eggs from the coast I had in favor of the holiday eggs but I'll just hold onto them. Thank you for the quick answer!

You do realise the raffle happens every month - it's not the end of the world to dump them and try next month !

6 hours ago, Fuzzbucket said:

You do realise the raffle happens every month - it's not the end of the world to dump them and try next month !

Well this is the first month I’m back so I’d like to try my luck! I don’t mind waiting an extra day for space to free up to get the new holiday egg :3

1 hour ago, Mystic_Halo said:

Some of the encyclopedia entries will have "found in coast" in them.  It's there even for bred dragons.

Example:  Encyclopedia entry for Coastal Waverunner

Yes but the DRAGON won't show that - and that's what you need for the raffle. 

@Krissi2197 catch your new ones form the coast and as long as they grow up on time....

On 12/25/2022 at 3:47 PM, Fuzzbucket said:

Yes but the DRAGON won't show that - and that's what you need for the raffle. 

@Krissi2197 catch your new ones form the coast and as long as they grow up on time....

It looks like you're right.

It seems like the all the information in that section would have been relevant for the raffles without only that 1 item not being important.  I wasn't sure and double checked in Tiny Little Questions, and received the same answer there.  It still seems odd, but it seems to be how it goes. 

Thank you guys for answering my questions 

Edited by Mystic_Halo

@Mystic_Halo Thank you so very much!! That was incredibly kind of you! She will be named and loved, and I already have a mate for her. I'll breed many shiny gifts from this beautiful pair to pay it forward! 🎄❤️

(And congrats to those who won a New Year's prize & better luck next time to everyone else!)

GONE -

2g Prizekin Oracle from male Bronze Tinsel

GONE

It will gender correctly. 

Peered into UISrM’s (f) future with All Mystic.

Good luck in getting a prize!

Edited by Mystic_Halo

Congratulations winners!

Gifting to anyone who would like this

GONE

2g prizekin from Yellow Zyu x M Bronze Shimmer 

It will gender correctly    

Peered into GiE6L’s (f) future with Icosa Dragon 

GONE

Edited by Mystic_Halo

I've participated in many raffles over the years, only missing the occasional one here and there. I never had high hopes when clicking that big enter raffle button, yet I kept participating because why not? It encouraged me to check in a few times a month and keep in the loop with what's going on.  So colour me surprised when I looked at my emails on Tuesday evening to find one titled Dragon Cave Raffle: February 2023.

It finally happened, the dice rolled in my favour and I won a Silver Western! Silver Tinsels are my favourite sprite of the prize dragons and it was my first ever 2G prize of any variety that a kind forum user gifted me 8 years ago. I am so stoked to finally be able to create my own lineages with these dragons, and to see what combinations can be made!

I've named him Jiraaxi, as his code was perfect inspiration material for a name. I'm not too sure what my plans are yet beyond making a nice checker, there's so many new dragons that have been released in the time I've been less active, so there's lots of options! I never expected this to be something I needed to think about, and now that it is I haven't made much progress, so I'm grateful prizes can be produced all year round!

To all the players yet to obtain their first prize win, I wish you the best luck in the raffles to come! To those that keep posting here, month after month giving well wishes, thank you as well! I hope you'll all become a lucky winner one day too!

50 minutes ago, Omen said:

I've participated in many raffles over the years, only missing the occasional one here and there. I never had high hopes when clicking that big enter raffle button, yet I kept participating because why not? It encouraged me to check in a few times a month and keep in the loop with what's going on.  So colour me surprised when I looked at my emails on Tuesday evening to find one titled Dragon Cave Raffle: February 2023.

It finally happened, the dice rolled in my favour and I won a Silver Western! Silver Tinsels are my favourite sprite of the prize dragons and it was my first ever 2G prize of any variety that a kind forum user gifted me 8 years ago. I am so stoked to finally be able to create my own lineages with these dragons, and to see what combinations can be made!

I've named him Jiraaxi, as his code was perfect inspiration material for a name. I'm not too sure what my plans are yet beyond making a nice checker, there's so many new dragons that have been released in the time I've been less active, so there's lots of options! I never expected this to be something I needed to think about, and now that it is I haven't made much progress, so I'm grateful prizes can be produced all year round!

To all the players yet to obtain their first prize win, I wish you the best luck in the raffles to come! To those that keep posting here, month after month giving well wishes, thank you as well! I hope you'll all become a lucky winner one day too!

Ahhhh, congrats Omen!! It's always really refreshing to see/hear someone who has been waiting for years to win a prize finally win one! Silver tins are definitely in my top faves too.

@Omen I can agree that I never got my hopes up either whenever I entered a raffle; it was a feeling of, 'I doubt anything will come of this, but I can at least say I tried' after many fruitless attempts.

I'll admit it took me a couple of seconds of staring at the title of the e-mail for it to sink in what I was reading, followed by the thought of, 'There's no way I actually won.' But lo and behold, RNGsus finally smiled on me and I'm now to proud owner of a Bronze Tinsel lovingly named PennyLoafer; the name's partly due to the coloring, but I also had an aunt who went by the name Penny who passed away last year and I feel like using her name for my first prize is a nice way to remember her.

Keep trying everyone, some day your prize will come~

Thank you very much @Bambi, I appreciate it! I've been cheering on the sidelines for a long while now, so I'm super stoked and fortunate to be able to obtain one of these dragons. I wish you all the best with future raffles and hope you're able to obtain your preferred prize dragon one day soon!

@Myoukin I get that, it's all anyone can do to increase their odds of obtaining one; to participate as often as they can and maybe one day it'll work out. I too had to double check the email to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong!

Congratulations on your first ever prize! I adore the name you've chosen for your Bronze Tinsel, I think it's a beautiful tribute to your Aunt Penny! It seems she's had an impact on your life and I hope that by seeing her name on your scroll, it helps you remember the good experiences you've had with her. All the best and good luck in future raffles!

Thank you so much @Mystic_Halo, I appreciate it! You're one of the people I referred to at the end of my initial post, thank you for taking the time to congratulate winners every month. Thank you as well for your generosity and kindness with sharing so many prizekin with fellow viewers of this thread. I wish you all the best with future raffles!

Edited by Omen