Kaini

Raffle Discussion

On 6/1/2021 at 5:06 PM, ShorahNagi said:

https://dragcave.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Sea_serpents

This is the list of all qualifying breeds

Is there any other dragon fitting the category of Sea Serpent that might be missing from that page?

I just got the notification that I've completed the raffle requirements, and to my knowledge I still needed another one.

This is the list of the dragons that grew up on my scroll from May 31st to this moment:

Split
Pink sapphire (2)
Floret Wyvern
Cantormaris (4)
Duotone
Hydrophidius
Deep Sea (2)
Magnesium Amphiptere
Flamingo
Lihnseyre
Alt Black

Of those, the only showing as Sea Serpent are the Deep Sea.

Pretty confused atm :P

3 minutes ago, Naughtrish said:

Is there any other dragon fitting the category of Sea Serpent that might be missing from that page?

I just got the notification that I've completed the raffle requirements, and to my knowledge I still needed another one.

Did you have any you were raising before the change over to the next raffle and didn't notice?

I've noticed on most of the objectives, it doesn't matter when they were caught, only that they grow up once the requirement is there and meet the requirement [so raising 3 wyverns wont help when it wants Wyrms]

For example;

I catch 3 Horse dragon eggs on June 24th, I don't use incubate and they hatch on June 28th.

Raffle requirement switches to July, objective: Raise 3 adult dragons

My horse hatchlings grow into adults on July 2nd - fulfilling the requirement even though they weren't caught in July

You might have had a serpent that grew up shortly after the change over and didn't notice. Otherwise, maybe a glitch or a classification was changed or raised one of the breeds that count for more than one type [like how the Baikala is classified both as a sea serpent, as well as a two-head]

6 minutes ago, ShorahNagi said:

[snip]

You might have had a serpent that grew up shortly after the change over and didn't notice. Otherwise, maybe a glitch or a classification was changed or raised one of the breeds that count for more than one type [like how the Baikala is classified both as a sea serpent, as well as a two-head]

I changed the sort of my scroll so I could see all my adults by the date they grew up. So it was not me not noticing.

I think it might be a glitch, then. I have my doubts on the Hydro, but it is classified as amphiptere.

Thanks for the answer!

People. People, I'm literally freaking crying right now. I'm supposed to be in bed right now how the heck will I be able to sleep now?!! I WON!!! I can't... I.... I have no words. I'm absolutely shocked. I'm just.... What the heck. Woah.  (I'm honestly kind of expecting to wake up in the morning and find out this was a dream, I have issues with super-realistic dreams that I don't always realize weren't real... If this post isn't here in the morning I'll know why... lol)

Edited by HeatherMarie

;o; I feel so grateful to have won a beautiful silver shimmer this month!!! I can't wait for it to grow up so I can start giving out 2g prizes/prizekins on the notice board ❤️ 

1 hour ago, HeatherMarie said:

If this post isn't here in the morning I'll know why... lol)

Well I can see it, so it's probably not a dream!  :lol:  Congrats!

And also congrats to all the other winners!  :)

Congrats to the winners! Always nice to see familiar names get shinies.  ^.^

Congrats to the winners! Didn't enter in June, I was a bit too busy to look for sea serpents. But here's to hoping July treats me better!

3 hours ago, FarawayCreatures said:

Congrats to the winners! Didn't enter in June, I was a bit too busy to look for sea serpents. But here's to hoping July treats me better!

Same here. June was spent dealing with new release, only raised one serpent.

Congrats to all the winners and good luck in July to the rest of us! :D

7 hours ago, alpheratz said:

;o; I feel so grateful to have won a beautiful silver shimmer this month!!! I can't wait for it to grow up so I can start giving out 2g prizes/prizekins on the notice board ❤️ 

Mine will quickly become the most-bred dragon on my scroll I'm sure, lol. Now the question is, what gender should I influence it as? Hmm...

Congrats to all the other winners this month! 

Congrats to the winners! It is so good to see people who have been trying for so long and finally won.

For me it is the same old story:

image.thumb.png.b5ae557b8d5d276d2e9e662f76016346.png

At least this month's raffle won't require much work. I already have the necessary 6 eggs on my scroll.

51 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Mine will quickly become the most-bred dragon on my scroll I'm sure, lol. Now the question is, what gender should I influence it as? Hmm...

Congrats to all the other winners this month! 

Male cuz then we can collaborate on a checker (it was worth a shot... :lol:)

Congrats ! I know you never EVER believed it would happen. And congrats to everyone who won.

@HeatherMarie Wow, I'm so happy for you!! ❤️ Congrats to other winners, too.

Still nothing for me but I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed for the next raffle. My birthday is in early August so the timing would be perfect... well, I can always dream. 😹

22 minutes ago, Varislapsi said:

@HeatherMarie Wow, I'm so happy for you!! ❤️ Congrats to other winners, too.

Still nothing for me but I'll be sure to keep my fingers crossed for the next raffle. My birthday is in early August so the timing would be perfect... well, I can always dream. 😹

Thank you! And that just reminded me that it's still technically my birthday-month, which means this is the best birthday surprise ever! 

Question for past winners- Prize eggs *are* protected from dying of sickness, right? The email and claim-page said they 'are protected from sickness', but my egg is now showing as sick, so it's probably actually 'protected from *dying* of sickness', right? 

10 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

People. People, I'm literally freaking crying right now. I'm supposed to be in bed right now how the heck will I be able to sleep now?!! I WON!!! I can't... I.... I have no words. I'm absolutely shocked. I'm just.... What the heck. Woah.  (I'm honestly kind of expecting to wake up in the morning and find out this was a dream, I have issues with super-realistic dreams that I don't always realize weren't real... If this post isn't here in the morning I'll know why... lol)

Congrats to all the winners! A special congrats to @HeatherMarie, I couldn’t really miss your post XD

What kind of Prize did you win? (If you don’t want to announce it, no worries!)

I don’t have any idea if prizes can get sick and die. I would think maybe they could. So be careful…

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Question for past winners- Prize eggs *are* protected from dying of sickness, right? The email and claim-page said they 'are protected from sickness', but my egg is now showing as sick, so it's probably actually 'protected from *dying* of sickness', right? 

They can get and do get sick, they just don't die, so rack up all the views & clicks you like :D.

Congrats to all the winners!

(Of which I am not one :P)

4 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thank you! And that just reminded me that it's still technically my birthday-month, which means this is the best birthday surprise ever! 

I won my prize on my birthday month too! And yes, they will not die from sickness. 

As for gender, I influenced my silver tinsel as female because it seemed like a lot of the ones I saw were male. But in the end, it's up to you. 

I'm letting mine gender naturally; if I had any really strong opinions about certain Holidays mates I might influence, but I can't exactly find a full reference for what the various prizes look like in holiday lines.

13 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I'm letting mine gender naturally; if I had any really strong opinions about certain Holidays mates I might influence, but I can't exactly find a full reference for what the various prizes look like in holiday lines.

That's exactly the reason why Heart of Blue exists, to preview lineages - https://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage

(And to torture ourselves with impossible pairings XD)