Kaini

Raffle Discussion

29 minutes ago, Sunrunner said:

That's exactly the reason why Heart of Blue exists, to preview lineages - https://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage

(And to torture ourselves with impossible pairings XD)

Thanks for linking that again, I couldn't remember what it was called!

6 minutes ago, HeatherMarie said:

Thanks for linking that again, I couldn't remember what it was called!

I always forget and just end up googling "dragcave lineage tool". It is the first result when I search. Had to do that earlier today, actually... 😄

Also, congrats @HeatherMarie @Guillotineand all the other winners from June! 

I just realised NOW I won in the raffle. 😲

I got a silver shimmer. 🥰

15 hours ago, Sunrunner said:

That's exactly the reason why Heart of Blue exists, to preview lineages - https://heart-of.blue/dragcave/lineage

(And to torture ourselves with impossible pairings XD)

Unless it has started being able to show every possible Holiday lineage at once, that isn't the kind of tool I'm looking for.

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this, but do prize winners still get to choose the codes for their babies?  I have several 5 letter codes to choose from and would love to get if I ever win one of these darlings.

1 hour ago, Emerald01 said:

Sorry if I've missed the answer to this, but do prize winners still get to choose the codes for their babies?  I have several 5 letter codes to choose from and would love to get if I ever win one of these darlings.

No. Codes are randomized for winners now. 

ETA: Congrats, winners!

Edited by Jazeki

OMG I have a CB prize dragon!!! I never thought I would because my art skills stink and the first two were both very high on the "creativity required" scale.

When I came back to Dragon Cave this past Easter (after 4+ years away and only occasionally thinking about DC, I had a hankering for an egg search), I was thrilled to learn about the monthly raffle. Still never thought I'd win, but I've been entering diligently.

And now I have a beautiful cb bronze shimmer. Learned about it while I was visiting family and barely had time to put it in a hatchery and start thinking about names. Decided to name it after ancient Chinese bronze coins. "Loong" of course is a Chinese dragon, so the name translates as "bronze coin dragon" because of the circle shape of the adults.

I have a list of dragons to potentially breed it to. Sadly, my first pick was a hybrid AND a drake. (Kind of a good thing it's a drake and thus impossible — I've never killed off cb parents to have a faux-cb hybrid, and I certainly don't want to start a lineage where EVERY MATE would need to be orphaned that way.)

Thanks for the link to Heart of Blue: I'd never heard of it before! Yes, I still miss Eggs Around the World. And I see I'm rambling terribly. But I have a CB prize dragon and my squeeing was delayed, so I've built up a bit of pressure!

Edit:

OMG all of that and I didn't add the link: Ban-liang Loong

Edited by Fyrebird

The bell on the top of my scroll lit up and I thought it was a trade being declined, since the dragons were still on my scroll. Clicked the bell, and I have qualified to enter the September raffle.

Of course, I won nothing from the August (or any other) raffle. 

I forgot to even look until I saw this thread was active again. Of course I didn't win.

Congrats to all those who did! :)

Oh wow I was not expecting to win first place this month, I was super excited to wake up and find this guy in my email this morning! 
KRHpL.gif

@Artemiis  Congrats! (y)

Hope Shokomon doesn't mind me bringing this to the current page, no-win noms of all sorts for all who didn't win!

On 5/1/2021 at 12:01 PM, Shokomon said:

Spoilered because it's getting long)

Reveal hidden contents

- My No Win Things

On 11/30/2020 at 6:29 PM, Shokomon said:

On 6/30/2020 at 12:15 PM, Shokomon said:

On 5/1/2020 at 2:43 PM, Shokomon said:
On 11/30/2019 at 3:38 PM, Shokomon said:
On 2/28/2019 at 4:58 PM, Shokomon said:
On 5/31/2018 at 1:09 PM, Shokomon said:

1876910062_NoWinCookie.png.2d1a1f0540c7d1be7e9b16393a6dec37.png

Have a terrible cookie. (Sorry, I couldn't help it.)

Expand  

For everybody who wanted cookies.

And for those who don't want cookies:

1758681469_NoWinFruitBasket.png.15c5773c14736d0da7a248bdabfc0cdb.png

Expand  

And for people who can't have sugar.

425106896_NoWinAwNuts.png.2527abc7f06346b4bba49cfaba70ab81.png

Expand  

1772145456_NoWinIceCream.png.24ae315efc171e8cf095a3270d13e516.png

It's "whatever flavor you want" flavor.

You want chocolate? It's chocolate.

You want rocky road? It's rocky road.

You want the Mystical 4th flavor? ...Well I can't promise that one. If you'v never eaten, it can't be that. 

Sob your sorrows into ice cream. 

Expand  

330517303_NoWinCake-White.png.96784003d3d3850a22ba421b2b0cb382.png 2107232238_NoWinCake-Chocolate.png.e19e9541b229668c276d2e3016cb54d9.png

Or two. It's your 3 favorite flavors in one cake!

With White or Brown Icing on top.

Expand  

No win PIE?!

1321496068_NoWinPie1.png.9fbc405cf1d227ceade0596ad36cc309.png459941676_NoWinPie2.png.a1a1ba943539e06f32fc594998f85e6a.png

Have some pie. [Your favorite] flavor and Pecan. Because I like pecan.

Expand  

-

- Other's No Win Things

On 11/30/2020 at 6:56 PM, Moriaty said:

Whatabout cupcake lol

Image001.jpg.50f3b8540d65045d1f022e0eabf7999d.jpg

Expand  

On 12/31/2020 at 4:45 AM, Confused Cat said:

Would anybody like to get one of these cookies? (Can't send them to random people who might have no idea what they're about!  :lol: )

Edit: both gone

image.png.9e2db0dbaca161fe31a0cfef6f441e85.png image.png.f4b82f1c5b41b66290ebc2fa7326fb56.png

Expand  

-

What no win thing will I think of next?

If the cookie decoration event returns this Christmas, can someone please send me any cookie with a No Win pizza marinara? I would really appreciate that. 😹 (Unless I actually win before or in December, but I wouldn't count on it.) I can also "prepare" and "deliver" any kinds of No Win delicacies served on cookies to anyone in need! 🍕 🎄

Also... congrats to everyone who was lucky this time!

Edited by Varislapsi

Yesterday morning, I thought “Hmm, raffles results are today. I should check it out.”  Then…

96BC6621-3115-4E0F-9BD9-15F90EA7AB7E.thumb.jpeg.906613ed9369e147dd2dab863ba88731.jpeg

Huh. I wasn’t expecting that.

I’m of course happy and grateful to have won and look forward to gifting my 2g shimmers and shimmerkins.

Edited by Elizabeth Moonstone

Well, I wasn't ever expecting to win any of the raffles but I was pleasantly proved wrong today when I checked my email! I now have an eastern dragon!!! And I can hatch him on my birthday!! How cool is that? 🥺 Now I need to come up with an equally special name.

Congrats August winners :D💛 No luck for me again, but it'll happen sometime, I'm sure.

Congrats to this month's winners!!  No win for me but after winning last month that was 100% to be expected :D 

22 hours ago, Tenebrae said:

Well, I wasn't ever expecting to win any of the raffles but I was pleasantly proved wrong today when I checked my email! I now have an eastern dragon!!! And I can hatch him on my birthday!! How cool is that? 🥺 Now I need to come up with an equally special name.

That's always the hard part - might i suggest something like "Party Streamer" or "Birthday Noodle" if you want to celebrate your Birthday with its name and hatching.

That aside, another month of no third win for me. I just want a Gold Tinsel so I can have the set XD

On 9/2/2021 at 9:52 AM, ShorahNagi said:

That's always the hard part - might i suggest something like "Party Streamer" or "Birthday Noodle" if you want to celebrate your Birthday with its name and hatching.

That aside, another month of no third win for me. I just want a Gold Tinsel so I can have the set XD

"Birthday noodle" 😆 that's great, I like that. Good luck to you and everyone else for this upcoming raffle. 🤞

Another month, another fail.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who hasn't won, yet, although I know that isn't the case.

Well, Congratulations to those who did win! May your dragons be fertile! :) 

3 hours ago, purplehaze said:

Another month, another fail.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only person who hasn't won, yet, although I know that isn't the case.

Well, Congratulations to those who did win! May your dragons be fertile! :) 

You are not alone. I can't imagine that I'll ever win.

But, yes, congratulations to all the new winners, and may they all be productive as rabbits! :)