Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I'm pretty excited for sunglasses squirtle, lol. A classic.

14 hours ago, rayheart said:

Our youngest is 23 years old and eldest is 65 ^^".

That's cool! :wub: I'm 55 myself....

Don't know, if i can join the community day effectly, because we'll go for a short holiday starting tomorrow and i don't know if there are any stops nearby. And there probably won't be enough players around to do an Arctos raid...

I'm saying goodbye to the shiny Articuno already because I can't take it on alone, and organizing a raid with other players in such a short time span is mission impossible. However, I'm more than ready for some Squirtles on community day, looking forward to that!

Also I sent out plenty of gifts today plus I still have ten in my inventory. As soon as those who still have presents pending open them I'm sending new ones. Every time I play for a little while and visit plenty of pokestops I do my best to send each friend on my list a gift, without leaving anyone behind, so I hope you guys are getting some nice stuff. :)

I'm both looking forward to and dreading the community day.  As usual, it is in the heat of the day and it is not going to be pleasant.  Ironically it is supposed to be a bit better than it was in June's community day.  I don't know if I will do an articuno raid or not.  Maybe there will be enough people around that we can get an impromptu raid going, I don't know.

Of course I'm working during (most of) the Articuno thing 😕 I might be able to grab a squirtle during community day, though, if they happen to spawn at work.

For the first time in a while I actually have a day OFF for community day, so I'll definitely be on the hunt for shiny Squirtle. I'm not sure what the forecast is on Sunday but I'm hoping it's a nice day out.

We are now forecasting a chance of rain.  That will help both with the heat and hopefully make squirtle show up more(if the game actually registers the rain).  The only downside is trying to juggle an umbrella and a phone, but worth it if it isn't so hot.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:12 AM, rayheart said:

Don't miss the Artciuno event on Saturday! We will be able to catch Shiny Articuno and we will be given 5x raid passes from a stop that day. 

Also, here is a site to check the special events and community day countdowns!

https://p337.info/pokemongo/countdowns/community-day.php

It sucks that we ONLY get three hours. Whats the start hour? I have to work tomorrow. :(

@Syiren The hours should be the same like community day.

Also, everyone should be able to at least find Articuno raids because from what I've read, every gym spawns one for the full three hours.

About the community day, I'm afraid this will be the first one I won't be able to attend at all. But with the trading feature I'm less worried about getting a shiny Squirtle, I'm more sad about the Squirtle with sunglasses.

The forecast for the next four days is madness - thunderstorms! I won't be able to do anything other than sit at home, little less take part in the community event! I hope that at least the thunderstorms tomorrow start in the late afternoon hours so I can avoid it all and still get some community day Squirtles.

Edit:  I take it back. The forecast did have enough mercy on me and waited with the rainstorms during Community day, and it was a blast! I think this one has been the most successful one for me so far! I caught four shiny Squirtles, FOUR SHINY SQUIRTLES, one randomly popped up on the map and the other three were obtained through research tasks and they all have sunglasses, they look so cool! :wub:

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I caught just one shiny Squirtle, while my boyfriend managed to get four plus one of the sunglassy dudes as shiny too! The best part of the event was still probably the sped up hatching speed, I got a few Alolan eggs and other regulars hatched. I'm still hoping to get an Alolan Vulpix or Sandshrew from the eggs, so far I've only been getting Meowths, Grimers and Rattatas.

Btw, was anyone else disappointed that the sunglasses the Squirtles have were not the coolest Squirtle Squad sunglasses? Like these bad boys: http://media.comicbook.com/2018/07/squirtle-1-1119670-1280x0.jpeg Anyway, evolved one of my sunglassy boys to a Blastoise and it looks exactly like an action-movie hero :D 

Edited by hedy

16 minutes ago, hedy said:

I caught just one shiny Squirtle, while my boyfriend managed to get four plus one of the sunglassy dudes as shiny too! The best part of the event was still probably the sped up hatching speed, I got a few Alolan eggs and other regulars hatched. I'm still hoping to get an Alolan Vulpix or Sandshrew from the eggs, so far I've only been getting Meowths, Grimers and Rattatas.

Btw, was anyone else disappointed that the sunglasses the Squirtles have were not the coolest Squirtle Squad sunglasses? Like these bad boys: http://media.comicbook.com/2018/07/squirtle-1-1119670-1280x0.jpeg Anyway, evolved one of my sunglassy boys to a Blastoise and it looks exactly like an action-movie hero :D 

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! I was hoping for the original sunglasses on these bad boys, but it's not too bad as they already coded the accessory for Pikachu and it was much easier to do it this way. I also love that eggs could hatch more quickly because I hatched two 2km eggs that were unplanned, some Alolan eggs and also opened up some more presents that I had pending. Btw, my shinies:

NNOiawI.png

2 hours ago, obelisk_light said:

I missed this event yet again thanks to the weather. :( Oh, well, congrats on catching such pretties @*Silver Fox*

Thank you! So sorry to hear that the weather made taking part in community day impossible. :(

Had a ridiculously good event today.  Got SIX shinies, two sunglasses, four regular!

And the timing was good too, because now a storm is threatening(community day is technically still going on here). 

The eggs being so easy to hatch was fun as well!  Finally got caught up on opening all of the gifts that had been piling up.

Edited by Nectaris

I was working for the entire community day, BUT I let my co-worker who was off work take my phone, and she caught me two shiny squirtle! Not bad. I got a bunch of sunglasses ones too, just no shinies of those. Which is fine.

The weather is horrible today so no playing for me, I just went out to spin the daily pokestop. However, I'm happy that I now have enough candies to evolve my breathtaking male Kirlia to Gallade once gen IV is introduced to the game. No idea when that could happen, but I'm already prepared for several pokemon. :D

I unlocked some Alolan forms today: Grimer, Meowth/Persian and Rattata/Raticate :) I hope I can get Alolan Muk and the Alolan Geodude line soon. (Is Alolan Geodude even in the game yet?)

3 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

Is Alolan Geodude even in the game yet?

I think not. As far as I know, the only Alolan forms that we have so far are Rattata and Raticate, Vulpix and Ninetales, Meowth and Persian, Grimer and Muk and Sandshrew and Sandslash. And we had Exeggutor for a limited time in the wild.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

1 minute ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Vulpix and Ninetales

I want to hatch Alolan Vulpix next! *fingers crossed*

I hope Niantic adds the remaining Alolan forms in the next major update.

2 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

I want to hatch Alolan Vulpix next! *fingers crossed*

I hope Niantic adds the remaining Alolan forms in the next major update.

Me too, I have plenty of eggs and I'm a bit tired of hatching same old Pokemon all the time! I'd love some Vulpix and Ninetales, but I also need a wonderful IV: male Sandshrew, female Rattata and female Grimer so that I can evolve them. :D

Yeah, I am hoping for more Alolan forms as well.  I particularly want marowak as it is my favorite Alolan form.  On the other hand, I kind of hope I get to hatch a breathtaking vulpix before that happens.  I have only hatched two so far, and neither were breathtaking(I have hatched tons of meowths).  I'm a little peeved that you can get ratata from the eggs, they take long enough to hatch and to get something I am commonly encountering in the wild...

At least you got to hatch an Alolan Vulpix by now, I haven't hatched a single one yet. :( I hope it will change soon, though, I love Vulpix in their Alolan form. :wub:

Hello , I was just at another vacation and came back. :) I couldn't catch a single shiny articuno .....