Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

*blinks* What do I find today?  A purple whale!  That's what!   Sure caught me by surprise! 

The fun thing was that it was a random whailmer that I found while I was on the way to go do a whailmer raid.

Edited by Nectaris

Congrats again, @Nectaris!

I unlocked Alolan Muk today and Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio a couple of days ago. Still waiting for the elusive Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Geodude ...

7 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm also planning to take part in that community event to catch as many shinies as possible, one Eevee and one for each eeveelution, I hope I'll manage. Anyway, have you heard that some people got Celebi already? People who took part in one of the last festivals. Celebi is yet to be made available as the main prize for the special research globally.

I saw Reversal's post on twitter that he found one. I was like, "That's out already?!" but nope. dang it. lol

Also, Aolan Geodude is rare? I found one at work right after clocking out the other night. it's not bad. About 76%. I forgot to look and see if I had enough to evolve. I used the last of my rare candies to evolve my new Salamence. *huggles her favorite dragon buddy*

Alolan Geodude rare? I had found several in the past few days from what I remember. I transferred them all to get closer to evolving a Graveler I had caught earlier on XD

Same with Alolan Diglett, except the only Diglett I kept is an Alolan one.

I'm also trying to get enough candies to evolve my Pupitar into Tyranitar in preparation for Zapdos day, as well as get Aggron maybe. Does the double candy bonus apply to Pokemon hatched from eggs or only when catching them?

Oh man, wish I had known about shiny Plusles and Minuns earlier! I hope to still find one of each. I've managed to unlock Alolan Grimer, Muk, Meowth, Persian, Geodude and Sandshrew in the past few days! Alolan Diglett has been showing up on nearby a lot but it has been avoiding me so far. Aipoms have been spawning a lot too, so I've been gathering them to get ready for gen 4. We're in a middle of a heatwave here, so I haven't been able to play that much. 

I guess Alolan Diglett and Alolan Geodude were only common during weekend because of the go fest. I haven't seen any since but I hope they'll return at some point because I need to evolve them.

@Eggy0 The double candy bonus applies both to catching and hatching pokemon.

Also, the egg distance is reduced, yay :lol: Hopefully I'll get something nice out of my Alolan eggs.

I also haven't seen a single Alolan Geodude since the weekend, which is pretty bad since I was hoping to get a breathtaking one to evolve it to Golem. And also no luck hatching a Vulpix just yet.

11 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I also haven't seen a single Alolan Geodude since the weekend, which is pretty bad since I was hoping to get a breathtaking one to evolve it to Golem. And also no luck hatching a Vulpix just yet.

Me neither, I didn't see many of them over the weekend at all.  I did notice some Alolan egxecutor over the weekend, so it does seem that it was an event.  Before this weekend, I had not seen an AE since their release boom.  I am kind of hoping they will be available in the eggs, since they seem rare in the wild.

Edited by Nectaris

I still need an A. Vulpix too it's so precious. Actually, I'd like 2. One to keep a Vulpix and the other to evolve. Work's got me so busy I won't even be able to enjoy Shiny hunting for Zapdos this weekend. It certainly didn't help that I was so horribly sick on Sunday. Hopefully my friend will be able to do the same thing he did for Articuno. Jump on my account for a bit and try to get me a shiny, or at least get me closer to leveling up. I do have a 96% Zapdos, but if I got a shiny or a 100% that'd be amazing!

I need FOUR Alolan Vulpixes, two to evolve and two to keep, a male and a female of each. :wub: I also spent a lot of time catching some pokemon that have gen4 evolutions so I'm pretty much ready for when the time comes. :)

EEEEE!  I got a shiny zapdos!  First try was a shiny!

16 hours ago, Nectaris said:

EEEEE!  I got a shiny zapdos!  First try was a shiny!

Congrats!

I, too, was able to get one after my 6th try I think :D 

We also did 6 before my youngest got carsick :(  3/6 shiny for me but 0/6 shiny for hubs and both kiddos.  At least I can trade to hubs.  It annoys me that I can't friend my own kids and trade with them as they are under 13.

Again, the raids went on without me. It'd a pity i don't know enough players in my town to form a group big enough to do legendary raids. *sigh* 

Edited by milkaq66

2 hours ago, milkaq66 said:

Again, the raids went on without me. It'd a pity i don't know enough players in my town to form a group big enough to do legendary raids. *sigh* 

Same here. Being a solo player in your region isn't as disadvantageous anymore, but it still has its disadvantages.

9 hours ago, milkaq66 said:

I don't know anyone either, and I rarely get to do any legendary raids(the zapdos makes my third legendary raid).  For the zapdos day I just went to my usual hunting grounds, as it has several gyms easily accessible, and hoped someone showed up.  I asked if they minded if I joined and they were ok with me joining.  I could have done the same thing for articuno, but I misunderstood when it was happening.  I hope that I can pull it off again if moltres is unlocked. 

Edited by Nectaris

Raikou is the reward for August's field research breakthrough!  I can't wait, the beasts were gone by the time I joined, so I am glad to get a chance at them(plus, I just like them).

20 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Raikou is the reward for August's field research breakthrough!  I can't wait, the beasts were gone by the time I joined, so I am glad to get a chance at them(plus, I just like them).

I saw this today and was utterly delighted! I've wanted suicune for so long, and I'm actually kinda miffed it wasn't my birthday month (August) but that's okay lol, it's coming!

(my phone tried to correct suicune to suicide... OKAY...)

2 hours ago, Nectaris said:

That's cool :) I hope Suicune is next!

I ended up working during the event again, but my friend raided 5 Zapdos for me and one was shiny. I didn't ask him to, but when I logged back on after my shift and saw the sparkles and the new birds I was so excited. I'm going to try my hardest to get my goal of 6 eevee, tho I may try for 8 shinies to keep two ready for Leafeon and Glaceon, and I want one of each of the others, which I'm hoping they give Eevee a move that'll make it easier to get the eeveelution you want.

I'm very excited about Raikou, Suicune and Entei being the field research rewards next, too! Can't wait for August to start to get my Raikou. Has anyone got a "lucky Pokemon" from trades yet? I haven't had time to trade many times yet so I haven't got one. It's also super nice that you can get stardust from gifts! My bag is full all the time so it's nice to get something I don't have to throw away.

Not a big thing but I thought it was funny 

955190BA-3F2E-4483-9A23-72FD0C259047.png

Wow! xD

Today was a good day - caught a wild Togetic, which was the last Gen2 Pokemon I needed (apart from regionals) and I finally managed to beat (and catch) an Alolan Raichu :lol: