Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

6 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Today was a good day - caught a wild Togetic, which was the last Gen2 Pokemon I needed (apart from regionals) and I finally managed to beat (and catch) an Alolan Raichu :lol: 

ou, congrats! Those are not easy to find in the wild. They're on the same level as the Unown I believe. I think the only Gen 2 mon I'm missing is Smeargle and Celebi. I wish we could trade long-distance. I have plenty of Heracross and Corsola I can trade.

I'm missing a few from gen 3 still and I think for Gen 1 I'm only missing Mr. Mime and Kangaskawn. I was lucky enough to get a Farfetched when he popped over to the USA for a few days.

13 hours ago, Syiren said:

ou, congrats! Those are not easy to find in the wild. They're on the same level as the Unown I believe. I think the only Gen 2 mon I'm missing is Smeargle and Celebi. I wish we could trade long-distance. I have plenty of Heracross and Corsola I can trade.

I'm missing a few from gen 3 still and I think for Gen 1 I'm only missing Mr. Mime and Kangaskawn. I was lucky enough to get a Farfetched when he popped over to the USA for a few days.

Thanks =)

Hopefully, we should get Celebi soon...ish, but no idea about Smeargle :lol: 

I wish we could, I still need that Heracross! Corsola visited Europe for a few days.

Btw I think Chimecho is just as rare as Togetic - I didn't even know they could spawn in the wild. Do you guys have a Chimecho? I don't.

Edited by Chococat0815

46 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

Btw I think Chimecho is just as rare as Togetic - I didn't even know they could spawn in the wild. Do you guys have a Chimecho? I don't.

I've seen one Togetic in the wild (on nearby) and two Chimechos! I've never seen Unown on the other hand, so those seem more rare to me. 

I also wish more regionals would change place or we could trade them. I'm missing Kangaskhan and Tauros from Gen 1 (got Farfetch'd when it went around for a brief while) but have an abundance of Mr. Mimes. 

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

Thanks 😃

I wish we could, I still need that Heracross! Corsola visited Europe for a few days.

I have hatched a few chimecho(10k egg), but I have never seen one in the wild.

I wish we could too.  About the only thing I lack from gen1, outside of Mewtwo, are the two regionals(I do have Farfetch'd)

Edited by Nectaris

8 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Thanks 😃

I have 12 Heracross that are decent enough for me to keep and they constantly spawn by my house. (and by decent I mean 85% or higher) I'd could easily trade you one if they'd let us. I know why, so people won't trade regional mon easily, which makes sense, but dumb at the same time. I don't have the time or the  cash to fly to Austrailia, Europe, New Zealand and where ever else exclusive stuff spawns.

I do have a Chimecho, but it was traded to me, I didn't actually catch/hatch it. ^^;

5 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

So it's just me not having a Chimecho :lol: 

I've also never seen a wild Unown outside of events.

I haven't seen an Unown unless there was a player who occupied a gym using one of those! As for the Chimecho, I only have the one I hatched during the windy weather event, when psychic Pokemon had higher chances of hatching along with flying and dragon types. As for the alolan Raichu and alolan Marowak, what level raid bosses are they? I should probably look for them these days now that I'm back from my holiday and able to play again.

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I haven't seen an Unown unless there was a player who occupied a gym using one of those! As for the Chimecho, I only have the one I hatched during the windy weather event, when psychic Pokemon had higher chances of hatching along with flying and dragon types. As for the alolan Raichu and alolan Marowak, what level raid bosses are they? I should probably look for them these days now that I'm back from my holiday and able to play again.

Alolan Raichu is T3 - it's not too hard, but not too easy either. I had a Gengar, two Houndoom and three Tyranitar with dark moves, all of which I had to power-up a lot since my first attempt failed badly :lol:

Alolan Marowak is T4 unfortunately. I do hope they'll release it as a quest reward at some point, similar to Absol.

7 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

So it's just me not having a Chimecho :lol: 

I've also never seen a wild Unown outside of events.

The only reason I have a Unown is because one of the two friends I was playing with had a map of our tri-city area that posted pokemon spawns in real time and an Unown appeared. I didn't know he was using the map, which is kinda cheating, but I was along for the ride, but then the W appeared on my screen, and I wasn't about to not catch it. ^^; my other friend and I got onto him after that, but he was acting a little smug and was like, "That didn't stop you from catch the mon, now did it?" He was right, but that was the last time he used the map....at least around us to my knowledge.

A wild Unown spawned in our town ONCE (someone who was using a map posted it on the facebook page) in the lowes parking lot, lol. Everyone flocked there until it de-spawned. Of course, I was at work and missed it ;u;

I've never seen an unknown either, except as someone else' guarding a gym.  I don't even know if one has ever spawned in the area.

So happy that the Johto legendaries are up next as field research rewards! I'll be able to obtain my first Raikou in two days, and I also can't wait to get Spinda! They're the reward for "Land three curveball throws in a row." :wub:

I got my first ex-raid-invitation! From the A. Raichu raid! However, I will probably be out of town that day X_X

@*Silver Fox* I'm also looking forward to get a Spinda quest! Apparently, it's rare, so this might take some time...

Also, Hundour and Snubbul can be shiny now! They are also quest rewards.

Spoiler

Hundour: evolve a Meowth

Snubbul: catch a Skitty or Poochyena

Edited by Chococat0815

2 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

I got my first ex-raid-invitation! From the A. Raichu raid! However, I will probably be out of town that day X_X

@*Silver Fox* I'm also looking forward to get a Spinda quest! Apparently, it's rare, so this might take some time...

Also, Hundour and Snubbul can be shiny now! They are also quest rewards.

Hide contents

Hundour: evolve a Meowth

Snubbul: catch a Skitty or Poochyena

If you know where you're going to be and if it has an EX gym nearby you can request Niantic to change the location of your EX raid pass. also, where you raided for that Raichu, that's a stationary spot for EX passes. So if you miss it this time, try again with another three star or higher raid boss for a chance to get another one. I once got an EX raid pass for doing the EX raid. :)

I heard about Spinda. Were finally getting that thing. I thought they were going to shove him into the same category as Smeargle for a while there. xD 

And I love Blue Houndoom. Shiny Snubble is pretty awesome too! :D

@Syiren That's good to know, thanks! Also, your signature with the chuckling Mew just showed for me, that's so cute :wub: 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had completely forgotten about Smeargle!

Also, I just traded for my first Bagon - the trading event is really handy.

Hi, popping my head in for a couple of questions since I figured that people on this thread might know a thing or two:

1) Any tips to get pokemon candies really fast? I'm just over 100 candies for Swablu but I still need like 300 more to get Altaria lmbo. Not to mention there are a lot of other pokemon that require high amounts like that.

2) Is it possible to find shinies among the pokemon that appear around you randomly from time to time?

2.5) I guess the broader question is how one may go about finding shinies?

Also, I hope that they release Sinnoh pokemon soon. I was very disappointed to discover that there is no Honchcrow right now. -_-

1. best way is to use the pinap berries, and be aware of when candies from catching pokemon are double. using the pinap berries will get you 12 candies per catch instead of 6. 

2. yes, when you go into the catching mode, it will sparkle and be the shiny color. (obviously some are easier to see than others).

2.5 there's a list somewhere that tell you what are currently shiny. Also during the community days, whatever pokemon is featured has an increased chance of being shiny. 

Sinnoh I personally think will be released sometime next year. 

Just adding to water_angel's answers:

1. Some pokemon nest - which means that you can find them more commonly in a certain park. Nests rotate every two weeks. You can try getting in contact with your local players to maybe exchange info on where to find certain pokemon.

2.5 Here's a detailed list of currently available shiny pokemon and where to find them. Your chances at a shiny are higher from quest encounters and raids as well as during certain events and community days.

Personally, I believe Gen4 is coming this year, maybe even in September, after all the summer events will have ended. Surely, they will spread out the release like they did with Gen3.

1 hour ago, water_angel said:

1. best way is to use the pinap berries, and be aware of when candies from catching pokemon are double. using the pinap berries will get you 12 candies per catch instead of 6. 

2. yes, when you go into the catching mode, it will sparkle and be the shiny color. (obviously some are easier to see than others).

2.5 there's a list somewhere that tell you what are currently shiny. Also during the community days, whatever pokemon is featured has an increased chance of being shiny. 

Sinnoh I personally think will be released sometime next year. 

Holy cow. I had no idea pinap berries could do that. :o Thanks for all of this information! I should start looking at every pokemon that shows up.

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

Just adding to water_angel's answers:

1. Some pokemon nest - which means that you can find them more commonly in a certain park. Nests rotate every two weeks. You can try getting in contact with your local players to maybe exchange info on where to find certain pokemon. 

2.5 Here's a detailed list of currently available shiny pokemon and where to find them. Your chances at a shiny are higher from quest encounters and raids as well as during certain events and community days.

Personally, I believe Gen4 is coming this year, maybe even in September, after all the summer events will have ended. Surely, they will spread out the release like they did with Gen3.

I didn't know there were nests either! It makes sense now when I would find a large group of pokemon, lol.

Thanks for the shiny list!! That's really useful.

Thanks for the help, guys! I've only been playing for a couple of months now so I'm behind in the crowd :P Sure hope Gen 4 comes within the next year (though sooner rather than later would be preferred of course). Gen 4 was my first owned (not played but owned) game and I really love the pokemon in it.

Edited by Toasttt

@Toasttt Also, the pokemon that take 400 candies to evolve also take the shortest time to farm candies as your buddy pokemon. Magikarp, Swablu, and Wailmer (which can all be shiny) take 400 candies to evolve, but only need 1km for each candy as your buddy. If you get a Feebas you can only evolve it by setting it as your buddy and walking it a total of 20km and 100 candies.

the other explained shinies perfectly well, so I'd just be a repeat. lol. And I believe we might be getting gen 4 either late this year or early next year as we started getting Gen 3 around November or Christmas time last year.

Oh, one thing about certain shinies is some are only obtainable through raids. Alolan Raichu, Mawhile and Absol are the ones I can think of off-hand.

As soon as midnight passed I claimed another daily stamp, so now I just have to wait another 24 hours to obtain my first Raikou. :wub:

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

@Toasttt Also, the pokemon that take 400 candies to evolve also take the shortest time to farm candies as your buddy pokemon. Magikarp, Swablu, and Wailmer (which can all be shiny) take 400 candies to evolve, but only need 1km for each candy as your buddy. If you get a Feebas you can only evolve it by setting it as your buddy and walking it a total of 20km and 100 candies.

the other explained shinies perfectly well, so I'd just be a repeat. lol. And I believe we might be getting gen 4 either late this year or early next year as we started getting Gen 3 around November or Christmas time last year.

Oh, one thing about certain shinies is some are only obtainable through raids. Alolan Raichu, Mawhile and Absol are the ones I can think of off-hand.

Oh yeah, the buddy system is great! I've been working on Swablu as a buddy. A shiny Swablu would be so nice :wub: Good to know that stuff about Feebas though!

Interesting about A!Raichu, Mawile, and Absol. :huh: Also good to know.

Got my first Raikou today! 

Also got a spinda from a research task, which makes my first of those(I haven't even seen one),

11 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Got my first Raikou today! 

Also got a spinda from a research task, which makes my first of those(I haven't even seen one),

As far as I know Spinda is only obtainable through tasks, not in the wild. I haven't seen that task yet, I hope I find it soon.

8 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

As far as I know Spinda is only obtainable through tasks, not in the wild. I haven't seen that task yet, I hope I find it soon.

Ah ok, I thought it was just rare, or just rare in my area.  Like how I can never get a pineco, though I know they exist, I see people with them.