Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

6 hours ago, rayheart said:

xD We have only 2 kids playing here whose dad plays and they help him lol. The youngest apart from them is 22 in our group and we have a 65 year old playing aswell. :) 

I was taking a gym and this kid showed up in the passenger seat of his moms car to fight me. They didn't even get out of the car. They just drove around and took all the gyms while I was on foot and couldn't keep up. Not fair lol

There are a significant number of people who play where I work.  I work at a hospital, and the hospital has a nice park that I walk in during my lunch break.  There are a few gyms as well as pokestops.  I have met nurses playing when I was.  Usually when I see people with kids, the parent(s) are playing too. 

I finally caught my first Articuno today. :wub: I hope to get at least one more by the end of this month. :D

Speaking of catching articuno I caught a shiny malkuhita and evolve it to hariyama during the fighting Pokémon raid :3

I'm getting close to my second Articuno, but no shinies for me either. :( Bad luck, but that's OK. Did you guys know that now we have a field research task of "Making an excellent curveball throw" which will award us an Absol?! :blink: I haven't had that task so far and I seriously want it!

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Did you guys know that now we have a field research task of "Making an excellent curveball throw" which will award us an Absol?! :blink: I haven't had that task so far and I seriously want it!

Huh? The mystery Pokemon rewards aren't random now? That is great news indeed. :D

water pokemon event has started , also kyogre comes back to raids with shiny version , there is a new shiny aswell " shellder" happy hunting :) 

On 6/6/2018 at 6:51 PM, Coheart said:

I was taking a gym and this kid showed up in the passenger seat of his moms car to fight me. They didn't even get out of the car. They just drove around and took all the gyms while I was on foot and couldn't keep up. Not fair lol

People do that in my town all the time. Its one of the reasons I dont take gyms anymore.  And its not kids which is the messed up part. Also, I pop open the game this morning, take two steps and start hatching eggs and the first mon is this:

Screenshot_20180607-104807.jpg

I wouldnt have noticed he was shiny if he hadnt sparkled. First ever shiny baby mon

Edited by Syiren

14 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm getting close to my second Articuno, but no shinies for me either. :( Bad luck, but that's OK. Did you guys know that now we have a field research task of "Making an excellent curveball throw" which will award us an Absol?! :blink: I haven't had that task so far and I seriously want it!

It's a new one. I'm looking for that one as well, as I still don't have an Absol! But with another event with event-specific quests I'll probably never get it.

Also, very fittingly I got a 100% Golduck from a quest yesterday. Thanks to event I'll be able to hoard enough candy to power it up :lol:

@Syiren which shiny is it, I can't view the screenshot?

8 hours ago, Syiren said:

People do that in my town all the time. Its one of the reasons I dont take gyms anymore.  And its not kids which is the messed up part. Also, I pop open the game this morning, take two steps and start hatching eggs and the first mon is this:

Screenshot_20180607-104807.jpg

I wouldnt have noticed he was shiny if he hadnt sparkled. First ever shiny baby mon

I wouldn't bother either but I want the coins so I can get incubators and expand my bags for free

Got my second articuno today!  Loving this event so far!  Mudkips everywhere!  I had not seen a mudkip in months before this.  Maybe I will finally be able to find a breathtaking mudkip or horsea.

I unlocked Metagross last night, thanks to hatching a breathtaking Beldum. :) Do egg hatchings give out more candies than usual during the event?

1 hour ago, obelisk_light said:

I unlocked Metagross last night, thanks to hatching a breathtaking Beldum. :) Do egg hatchings give out more candies than usual during the event?

Sometimes they can. During the rock event last year I hatched a Larivtar and got 40 candies from it.

@Chococat0815 - sorry its the shiny pichu. Which is fitting as i hatched one of those in my Crystal version years ago and it was the first time I learned you could hatch shinies. It brought back some good memories.

Edited by Syiren

8 hours ago, obelisk_light said:

This event the amount of candies which you can get from eggs is doubled! Which would've been nice if I hadn't hatched yet another Porygon XD

But it looks like I'm on a streak of good luck - I got another perfect pokemon from a quest - a Magikarp!

@Syiren oooh congrats!

I've already caught a few Mudkips and a Totodile (those are super rare here, I've only ever seen one before this)! There was a Feraligatr also showing up on the nearby, but I couldn't go hunt it at the time. I've also been catching Surskits and Wailmers, getting pretty close to my first Wailord! A great event so far for me, fingers crossed I'll come across a shiny sometime soon too.

I caught a boosted  96iv  Shiny Kyogre , so happy and it made my day. Dusted it instantly to 3.5k cp :) 

Edited by rayheart

7 hours ago, rayheart said:

I caught a boosted  96iv  Shiny Kyogre , so happy and it made my day. Dusted it instantly to 3.5k cp :) 

NICE! 😀

Im hopin' to get. Purple whale myself.

7 hours ago, Syiren said:

NICE! 😀

Im hopin' to get. Purple whale myself.

I hope you will :) My friends got theirs in 1-3 raids it took me like 15 raids : I .   Loving your signature lol dem giratina eyes. 

21 hours ago, rayheart said:

I hope you will :) My friends got theirs in 1-3 raids it took me like 15 raids : I .   Loving your signature lol dem giratina eyes. 

Thanks, on both accounts! 😁 yeah, both my avatar and sig change randomly.

Got a wild lapras today.

Also managed to get a breathtaking mudkip(finally) and now have my first swampert.  I have also been hatchling squirtle after squirtle, meaning I now have over six breathtaking squirtles and now I have to figure out which one has the best IVs out of the lot.

A couple of days ago I found the famous new task of making an excellent curveball throw which I did on a Wailmer in a jiffy so I finally have my Absol. :wub: She's beautiful! I also evolved my female Marshtomp so I have two Swamperts and as I recently hatched a male breathtaking Feebas I'll be walking it to evolve it to my second Milotic after I'm done gathering candy for a Metagross.

Got a random duskull and was able to evolve to a dusclops. 

I am both looking forward to and dreading the community day event tomorrow.  It is going to be HOT tomorrow, I will have to be sure to bring water with me.

Another Pokemon GO community day that happens when I have to work all day. I really want to get a shiny Larvitar but considering I only get 30 minutes for my lunch tomorrow, I don't see that happening. It sucks but what can you do, I just hope the NEXT community day happens on a weekend that I don't work.

My shiny luck seems to have come back! I caught a shiny Shellder, now Cloyster which is blue in its shiny form. I wish it remained orange, though. I unexpectedly caught a shiny Wailmer which I evolved to Wailord, so I now have a pink/pale purple whale in my pokedex. :wub: And a shiny Larvitar, now Tyranitar, is mine too!

Community day was a success here, caught shiny Larvitar, evolved two of them to Tyranitar and evolved also regular ones so that I have an army of six Tyranitar now, all of them powered-up above 3.000cp :lol:

Also, the other day I caught a shiny Kabuto, it's so cutely green.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for their community day.