Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Still no shiny karp for me! And I keep having stress dreams about it xd.png A friend caught one and I was about to lose it xd.png

I have today off, to the hunt!

I catched nearly 200 Magikarp and still no shiny... I really have bad luck. sad.gif

I catched nearly 200 Magikarp and still no shiny... I really have bad luck. sad.gif

Same sad.gif

I'm not disagreeing. >.> Most people around here tend to be 29 - 33 in the gyms, so I am a bit behind, but not that much. D|

I hear you on all the mystic gyms! I spend almost two hours once beating a level 8 or so mystic gym so I could get 10 measly coins. Of course, it was a level 5 or so mystic gym before I could claim a second defender bonus. >.>

~

Hm. I expected the shiny magikarp to be... shinier. xP

Yeowch. That sucks. I found out from another Valor player that there's a group of Mystic members who sweep the gyms every night when they get off work so that definitely explains why the gyms get retaken every day. sleep.gif;

But I did find one weak Mystic gym. By weak I mean it only had one pokemon defending it. I will say it was a pretty decent Gyarados, but I'm used to chewing away at level 8 and ten gyms so a level 2 was easy pickin's. I stuck my Slowking in there to surprise anyone who tries to go at it with a grass type, they'll find my water type's special attack is pretty lit. lol. biggrin.gif

It feels like I've caught so many karps and not a single shiny to show for it. I'm hoping the shiny sticks around after the event is over with.

. . .

I am a very lucky person. Today is my 6-day streak and while I haven't gotten anything yet evolution item wise the same can't be said for yesterday. I got another King's Rock (C'mere Politoad) and a metal coat. I'm still hoping for a Dragon Scale tomorrow so I can evolve my Seadra with over 900 CP. hopefully it'll be a decent Kingdra that I can use against gyms.

I also got another 2K that I just started walking so here's to getting that adorable Togepi. I unlocked a Clefairy last night that popped up at my post office. I swear rares love that place.

And Congrats on hatching the Larvitar Obelisk! I'm trying for a Chansey or Mareep myself. smile.gif

Wow, I guess I forget how quickly candy can add up when you're actually getting it. I've only caught 30 or so karp so far (thank niantec for pinap berries!). No wonder I have no shiny. xP A big part of me hopes I'll stay shiny-less because I'm still not even close to evolving one karp, never mind two.

Good luck to everyone else, though!

EDIT: So apparently the key to catching a shiny karp is to not actually want one. It is low CP with basic stats (according to Spark), though, so not super tempting to waste my first candies on it. I don't think I'm going to get enough candies to evolve even one magikarp this event unless it lasts for another week. =x

Hatched two squirtle today. o_O So 3/4 of the way to a blastoise, finally!

Got enough candy for a poliwrath or politoad. I don't have the evolution item for a toad and still haven't unlocked a poliwrath, so might as well just go for the wrath.

One of the stops decided to just spawn a ton of kabuto (three at once and I got five total from it), so I finally have the candies for a kabutops!

Unlocked a gligar and mareep today! Had to walk around a mile to reach them (and had the mareep on my tracker), so I was worried I was going to miss it. Didn't even see there was a gligar nearby until it popped up. I was down to about three pokeballs and two great balls. Gligar took both my great balls, but semi-luckily the mareep was really low CP, so only took one pokeball to catch. Plus I unlocked totodile as well!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Wow, congrats to such a good luck streak Sock. smile.gif

I havent done mich walking around today, but I will later when it cools down a bit, towards the evening. I got another kings rock for my 7 day streak, but I wont complain. That just means another slowking. biggrin.gif

Ahhh Sock got a shiny karp! Still no for me sad.gif And I have over 400 karp candies.

Two of my 10k eggs hatched into pineco, which was disappointing.

I have a shiny Karp.

I missed a Cyndaquil and a Omanyte 😢

No shiny Magikarp for me, so if the event doesn't last tomorrow as well I won't even get one. But thankfully I gathered enough candy to evolve one to another Gyarados. My 10km egg hatched into a Larvitar, giving me quite a lot of candy, but its stats weren't the best so still no Pupitar for me. I'm waiting for one worth taking all the way to a Tyranitar. smile.gif

I started incubating another 10km egg today, so I hope I'll get something I don't own yet. My Lapras hopes are shattered each and every time, but somehow I refuse to give up. And also I randomly ended up with a King's Rock outside of my seventh day streak.

Anyways, did you notice that the speed limit for pokemon spawning has become more strict? Even more than for spinning a pokestop. And even when I'm walking perfectly slowly, pokemon just disappear from the map, I hope Niantic fixes this as it's rather annoying. dry.gif

I'm not going home today until I catch a shiny karp, dang it!!! I will have my yellow fish!!!

Silver Fox, the disappearing pokemon thing is a glitch that came with the last update - it made everything really buggy. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Well now I have 1530 Magikarp candys but still no shiny (I started with 82 candys).

But I got in this event:

1x user posted image

1x user posted image

5x user posted image

2x user posted image

3x user posted image

1x user posted image

362x user posted image

1xuser posted image

1x user posted image

And hatched:

1xuser posted image

(I don't wanted to list everything I catched or hatched, but my small highlight list)

Edited by Shajana

Thanks! o: I'm pretty sure any lucky streak is over. I think something is wrong with my battery, as it's not holding a charge that well. Woke up this morning to a 68% charge and it usually only drains 2% (I have my screen set not to dull for 10 minutes for when I'm walking/biking PoGo, so my alarms and stuff can light up my screen and drain it a bit). And I think I got so lucky yesterday because I wasted about 3 hours of my day just playing straight PoGo. xP

Silver Fox, the disappearing pokemon thing is a glitch that came with the last update - it made everything really buggy. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Oooh, good to know. I thought my phone was just being laggy and freaking out when this happened.

No shiny karp sad.gif

I'm so upset, I walked all over campus for hours catching magikarp, then went to the outdoor mall, then went to the indoor mall until it was nearly closing time and caught every magikarp I saw and still no shiny sad.gif My feet hurt and I tried so hard sad.gif Very upsetting.

No shiny karp sad.gif

I'm so upset, I walked all over campus for hours catching magikarp, then went to the outdoor mall, then went to the indoor mall until it was nearly closing time and caught every magikarp I saw and still no shiny sad.gif My feet hurt and I tried so hard sad.gif Very upsetting.

You're not alone. I haven't found one either. I still have a chance for tomorrow morning, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I did catch a Lapras and hatched a good Charmander so, I'm calling today a success. smile.gif

The question is, are shiny magikarp limited like the hat-pikachu's were? If not, then good news is that a shiny could still eventually happen.

~

Oh my gosh, why did no one mention there's a hilarious and free karp hat I could have been wearing this whole time!? I love it. xP

Unlocked stantler today! And there's definitely a problem with my batter. It only lasted half as long before it legit died. =x

i imagine the shiny magikarps aren't limited, they'll just be statistically harder to get specifically when all shinies are released and the water event ends. this is probably like what they did with the initial release of gender, where it only applied to pikachu.

the water event is ending soon and i uh unfortunately havent gotten another shiny karp... considering i have multiple magikarps that are better than her as far as cp/ivs go and i only have enough candies to evolve 2 im not sure if she's worth evolving

Edited by Switch

No shiny Magikarp for me either, so you're not alone in that, Kaini. I may not be actively playing (I get in trouble for having my phone out at work) but I'm still usually able to find at least one of the event Pokemon.

The question is, are shiny magikarp limited like the hat-pikachu's were? If not, then good news is that a shiny could still eventually happen.

~

Oh my gosh, why did no one mention there's a hilarious and free karp hat I could have been wearing this whole time!? I love it. xP

Unlocked stantler today! And there's definitely a problem with my batter. It only lasted half as long before it legit died. =x

I have that issue too. Granted my phone is almost three years old, and I think it was defective to begin with. I'll be playing and all of a sudden 20% battery drops to 1% before dying. But other times I'll go numerically down from 20% to 1%. When i was battling the gym last weekend, I legit had 1% left and it lasted long enough to let me battle three times and put in a pokemon, then proceed to walk down the street to my house.

No shiny karp for me either. Maybe if I finish packing tonight I'll go for a quick walk.

i imagine the shiny magikarps aren't limited, they'll just be statistically harder to get specifically when all shinies are released and the water event ends. this is probably like what they did with the initial release of gender, where it only applied to pikachu.

the water event is ending soon and i uh unfortunately havent gotten another shiny karp... considering i have multiple magikarps that are better than her as far as cp/ivs go and i only have enough candies to evolve 2 im not sure if she's worth evolving

I'm REALLY hoping the shiny karps don't go away just... karps will be harder to find after the event. I dunno why they'd remove a single shiny pokemon, so I imagine you can still get one after the event ends, but it's going to be VERY statistically rare 8'( I wanted one 8'(

I poked around and caught like 15 more karps this morning and still no 8(

I'm going to feel like a jerk for staying this, but I found two shiny Magikarps. One yesterday and one today.

I finally got that evading Omanyte as well

I'm going to feel like a jerk for staying this, but I found two shiny Magikarps. One yesterday and one today.

I finally got that evading Omanyte as well

You're not a jerk, you just have awesome luck! Congrats! biggrin.gif

Congrats, Raptor! Makes up a little for not getting that party hat pikachu?

Forgot to congratulate you, too, Shajana! Especially on that miltank. Saw another miltank shadow today but couldn't find it in the wild.

~

A stray krabby is the only water pokemon I saw today. :< Back to regular ol' boring pokemon. =p

Tried to unlock a chikorita but couldn't get to the stop in time, but it's okay because I unlocked larvitar! Good CP and stats, but not good attacks. Just hanging out at a stop, lookin' so cute.

Hatched another squirtle. Inching closer to blastoise. Currently walking shellder because I only caught one during the event (caught like two or three total and hatched one), so I'm over halfway to cloyster (an unlock). Might walk squirtle next, though. Or slowpoke - I'm close to a slowbro and sloking and got the correct evolution item today! I'd also like a blissey, but I only have 16 candy and they're a 5km walk... That's a lotta walking.

Plus picked up another 10k egg today! Fingers crossed for a new unlock. Yup, I'd even be satisfied with pineco, lol.

Just 25k away from level 29. I think if I lucky egg evolve (maybe even without the egg), I can level up.

When i was battling the gym last weekend, I legit had 1% left and it lasted long enough to let me battle three times and put in a pokemon, then proceed to walk down the street to my house.

That's lucky. =o My phone died on me once when I tried to unlock machop for the first time. Luckily another one showed up like a month or so later. xP

I have the same problem with my battery dying quick when it starts dying, so it seems to leap around. I think it's just the type of phone I have, though. Battery seemed a little better today, but I may still end up replacing it if possible. I have a crack in the screen I need to fix, anyway, so might do both at once.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

No shiny Magikarp for me because my luck is garbage. I did get 100+ Magikarp candy but I wanted a shiny. The only thing worthwhile really was finding my very first Omanyte. I'm just a bit annoyed about the shiny Magikarp thing, they better not be a limited time thing. They'll probably be rare as hell, Magikarp rarely spawn where I am.

Congrats, Raptor! Makes up a little for not getting that party hat pikachu?

Yeah, it does ^.^

Anyway, managed to get a bunch of water types that I normally can't find because I'm pretty much in a dead zone at home. It's going to be rough trying to grab the evolution stones as well.

Congrats to everyone who got a shiny 'Karp!

I didn't catch a shiny, or nearly enough candies to evolve a 'Karp, but it's okay because I was expecting it.

I caught a Gligar today, and evolved a Nidoqueen and Sunkern; those were my three unlocks. I also caught a breathtaking Bayleef, which I hope I can evolve soon.