Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Guess what my 10km egg hatched into? A Dratini. dry.gif The only good thing about that hatch was that it gave me enough candy to evolve my second Dragonite, so my first and ever loved Dragonite finally has a girlfriend. wub.gif And I still have 26 candy to level her up if I ever save up enough stardust to do so.

So far no shiny Magikarp for me, maybe I'll happen to run into one by the end of the event. And please, God, grant me a Lapras! I should see my friends the day after tomorrow at a cool place near the river, please let there be a Lapras floating around in it!

I wish you luck. I was blessed to get a Lapras out of my first ever 10K, but not a single one since. I have to walk it to give it any candies, but he's got great stats and is a tank when taking on gyms.

I saw in a video that the event lasts for a week upon release and you get a neat Magikarp hat for free in your dress up menu which is funny and cute. I'm just happy Seel are popping up left and right for me. I already have enough candies for a Dewgong, but I'm going to wait to evolve it for the Easter event.

I wish you luck. I was blessed to get a Lapras out of my first ever 10K, but not a single one since. I have to walk it to give it any candies, but he's got great stats and is a tank when taking on gyms.

I saw in a video that the event lasts for a week upon release and you get a neat Magikarp hat for free in your dress up menu which is funny and cute. I'm just happy Seel are popping up left and right for me. I already have enough candies for a Dewgong, but I'm going to wait to evolve it for the Easter event.

WHAT Easter event? blink.gif Enlighten me, please. biggrin.gif

WHAT Easter event? blink.gif Enlighten me, please. biggrin.gif

There's a few speculations online, but I ran into a gentleman at the park yesterday who was talking about it. There's supposed to be an event that either makes it easier to find eggs and/or give out double exp if you hatch or evolve pokemon during the event. I have no idea what else could be in store.

Unlocked a quilfish and seel (finally!!!) today and caught enough marill to evolve one! Close to evolutions on a few things (like slowpoke!), so going to wait and do some group evolving. A slowbrow showed up but I'd literally just run out of all pokeballs trying to catch a magikarp (only had two left, lol). Saw a totodile shadow in the wild but couldn't find the totodile. =(

If you haven't seen yet, PoGo added a new badge: catching large magikarp. Of course it's not a pokemon like rattata that shows up all the time. =_= I've only got one large magikarp so far - although in general I have caught enough that I'm close to a forth of the way to gyarados.

@*Silver Fox* - wow, congrats. I honestly didn't even realize the gyarados could spawn in the wild. xP

If you haven't seen yet, PoGo added a new badge: catching large magikarp. Of course it's not a pokemon like rattata that shows up all the time. =_= I've only got one large magikarp so far - although in general I have caught enough that I'm close to a forth of the way to gyarados.

This isn't a new badge - I've had it for months, it's been around since... idk, release. It just doesn't show up until you catch your first large magikarp.

I walked around campus for hours catching tens of magikarp, and not one shiny!! I ran into another student who had caught TWO!! But I had no luck. I'm so salty.

@*Silver Fox* - wow, congrats. I honestly didn't even realize the gyarados could spawn in the wild. xP

Neither did I! Magikarp use to spawn pretty rarely around here, mostly by the river where I usually don't go, so I either hatched or barely ever caught mine, but I gathered enough candy as I had around 200 before this event, and I fed almost every Magikarp I caught a pinap berry to double the candy. As for the wild female, I was literally in shock. I assume that this water type event includes increased spawns of water type evolutions too.

Also, I just realized that Gyarados has gender dimorphism. Males have blue whiskers and females have white. blink.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

I managed to catch the Great Lord Helix (Omanyte) yesterday! Praise be to he! biggrin.gif I was really happy when I found it right after I got to work. I even found a second, but it ran from me.

I unlocked Omastar, Golduck, Golem and Noctowl today; all via evolution. smile.gif I'm very close to unlocking Slowbro, Machamp and Nidoqueen. smile.gif Now, if my 10K egg hatches into something I don't have yet (or something good like a Magmar), I'll be super duper happy. biggrin.gif

Congrats, Lightstorm! I caught my first Omanyte under a month ago, if I remember correctly.

Edited by obelisk_light

I've caught a shocking number of Omanyte, I might be able to evolve it soon. I have a breathtaking one.

Still no shiny karp but I am back on the hunt today.

GARRRRAGH!!! Dang it! There was a Lapras down at the lake by my house. But i missed it becaise I was running errands. I want to cry. sad.gif

*pats Syiren*

~

Unlocked a mantine and bayleaf (which was at a stop with a quilava) today! Still haven't even caught a chikorita, lol.

Have enough candies to evolve marill, wooper, slowpoke, staryu, and some non-water commons. Very close to being able to evolve hoothoot, goldeen, psyduck, and chinchou. Might have to go find some easy gyms to beat so I can buy another lucky egg.

Finally 2/3 of the way to level 29, so the lucky egg might be worth it for all the evolving and unlocks!

Plus if I can catch 8 more water types, I'll finally earn my silver water badge. =D

I wonder how big magikarp have to be for the badge, though. Caught an xl today that didn't count for it. >.> Also no shinies from me, but I am finally 1/4 of the way to a gyarados.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Very close to a gyarados, but STILL NO SHINY. I caught a few karp today but it rained so I couldn't go hunting like I wanted.

My 10K hatched into a breathtaking Dratini, with enough candies for me to evolve it into a Dragonair. wub.gif I also evolved a Slowbro today, so that's two Dex unlocks. smile.gif

Aww, Syiren. sad.gif

Thanks guys. I was pretty bummed out, but it worked out alright in the end. Someone used a lure later that day and ot attracted another one and I managed to get that one even tho it took all of my ultra balls to get her.

This event is awesome. Still no shiny for me, but I've gotten plenty of candies and im about 20 candies away from my second gyarados. biggrin.gif

Congrats, Syiren. biggrin.gif

I unlocked Machamp last night via evolution and named him Goro ... I'm probably not the only one who did that, laugh.gif

Edited by obelisk_light

Up to enough candies to evolve a marill (unlock), wooper (unlock), chinchou (unlock), tentacool, hoothoot (unlock), staryu, and remaroid. Getting closer to psyduck and finally getting a blastoise (unlock).

Gotta decide what to buddy next. Maybe natu? Really want to evolve one and am kinda close with it. Could really use a blissey, but that's a lot of walking.

10k hatched into a dratini. Was hoping for a lapras (unlock) or a gen 2. But I still don't have a dragonite, so more dratini candy is not something to complain about!

I also need to start powering up some of my better battlers. Finally got a response in the instinct group for my area about getting some defenders in and was turned down because I'm only level 28. =_=

I just prefer to use candy to evolve because it gets me more XP.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I also need to start powering up some of my better battlers. Finally got a response in the instinct group for my area about getting some defenders in and was turned down because I'm only level 28. =_=

I just prefer to use candy to evolve because it gets me more XP.

What? That's silly. Level 28 is pretty average where I live. I'm nearing level 24 myself and several other people in the Mystic gyms are around the same level. I think there's only about 5 or 6 that are level 33 or higher?

Also there's an insane amount of mystic players where I am and they control all of the gyms. Why can't they let Valor take at least one gym? I need to earn some coins to buy more room for items and pokemon and I can't do that when there's 4 level 10 blue gyms. dry.gif

On the upside, I'm finding plenty of fantastic water pokemon, including a very nice 927 CP wild Croconaw with good stats. He might just be my first Feraligatr if my Totodile's stats aren't as good.

when u catch a shiny magikarp and it has 30%-ish IVs :')

user posted image

at leasts its cp is doable... on the plus side i have 830 magikarp candies now

also: shiny magikarp look normal in the overworld, it's only revealed if you engage with them. tap on every magikarp you see. i really hope this is changed, it'd be a pain to have to tap on every pokemon you see just on the off chance it's a shiny :\

oh and uh ditto can appear as shiny magikarps ehhhhhh.....

Edited by Switch

I finally found an opening in the gym at the end of my street. gotten 20 coins so far. I hope I can stay there for a while longer. I'll need to start leveling up some of my battlers too. had a hard time getting the gym to level up. my battery almost died while I was doing it too. Thankfully it lasted long enough.

I finally got a 10k egg! only my second one, I hope it hatches into something I don't already have, like a chansey or lapras. I should be able to do a lot of hatching this weekend because I'll be in the city at an event. I will be bringing plenty of battery packs and stopping at coffee shops to charge up when I can.

I've caught and evolved quite a bit too thanks to this event. caught a starmie out of nowhere, remoraid and octillery and mantine too. Evolved to get tentacruel, rapidash, quagsire. Inching closer to golduck, lanturn, slowbro.

I got a dragon scale with my 7 day bonus today, really happy about that, i want a kingdra.

I caught a Wobbuffet and hatched a Qwilfish today. I have two 10K eggs at the moment (it's pretty rare for me to have two of them at once), and I really want a new 'mon like Lapras or Scyther.

I'm just one candy away from unlocking Nidoqueen. I could transfer one of my Nidorina, but both my Nidorina are breathtaking, so I'll have to check their IVs if I want to unlock Nidoqueen right now. Decisions, decisions ...

when u catch a shiny magikarp and it has 30%-ish IVs :')

user posted image

at leasts its cp is doable... on the plus side i have 830 magikarp candies now

also: shiny magikarp look normal in the overworld, it's only revealed if you engage with them. tap on every magikarp you see. i really hope this is changed, it'd be a pain to have to tap on every pokemon you see just on the off chance it's a shiny :\

oh and uh ditto can appear as shiny magikarps ehhhhhh.....

Hey, congrats! biggrin.gif I don't have any pokeballs now and I refuse to buy more because I'm saving up for more pokemon space. Still no shiny magikarp for me, but oh well, three more days until the event ends. biggrin.gif

What? That's silly. Level 28 is pretty average where I live. I'm nearing level 24 myself and several other people in the Mystic gyms are around the same level. I think there's only about 5 or 6 that are level 33 or higher?

Also there's an ins*ne amount of mystic players where I am and they control all of the gyms. Why can't they let Valor take at least one gym? I need to earn some coins to buy more room for items and pokemon and I can't do that when there's 4 level 10 blue gyms. dry.gif

I'm not disagreeing. >.> Most people around here tend to be 29 - 33 in the gyms, so I am a bit behind, but not that much. D|

I hear you on all the mystic gyms! I spend almost two hours once beating a level 8 or so mystic gym so I could get 10 measly coins. Of course, it was a level 5 or so mystic gym before I could claim a second defender bonus. >.>

~

Hm. I expected the shiny magikarp to be... shinier. xP

No shiny Magikarp for me yet, but that's OK, the event's not over just yet so there's still time. On the other hand, I had an unlock! I hatched a breathtaking Scyther so now I have a Scizor, finally. wub.gif And I'm also incubating a 10km egg, if it hatches into another Dratini I'll jump off my building. dry.gif

I'm not serious about that, of course. But please, give me a break!

One of my 10K eggs turned out to be something GREAT and unexpected: a Larvitar. wub.gifwub.gif Another new unlock. biggrin.gif The other one turned out to be Pineco, but I guess Larvitar more than makes up for it. (Larvitar's not breathtaking, but eh, one can't have everything ...)

I also unlocked Dewgong thanks to the event. No shiny Magikarp for me yet, and knowing my luck, I'm unlikely to see one.

Edited by obelisk_light

One of my 10K eggs turned out to be something GREAT and unexpected: a Larvitar. wub.gifwub.gif Another new unlock. biggrin.gif The other one turned out to be Pineco, but I guess Larvitar more than makes up for it. (Larvitar's not breathtaking, but eh, one can't have everything ...)

I also unlocked Dewgong thanks to the event. No shiny Magikarp for me yet, and knowing my luck, I'm unlikely to see one.

Hey, that's great! Larvitar candy is pretty hard to get, and I bet you got a lot by hatching one. Congrats on your unlock as well, I wish you luck to reach a Tyranitar as soon as possible. wub.gif