Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I FINALLY got enough ice mons to advance in the shiny mew quest!  Thankfully Rocket grunts have ice mons a whole lot more often than they appear in the wild right now. The current task is a lot more doable as it doesn't require specific mons/types.

Finally got enough experience to level up to level 42 today!

Also got a shiny houndoom from the timed quest.  I didn't even know that could happen, as evolved mons usually aren't available as shiny in the wild.

Congrats @Nectaris! Shiny houndoom is amazing in my opinion! I also didn't know we can get evolved shiny mons from quest, nice to know :) I always thought we can only get them from Mega Raids, it's a nice surprise that we can get them from somewhere else too :)

I still need some ice mons to get to another part of shiny Mew quest. Recenlty I can't find Rockets with ice mons, and from some time it's the only way I can get ice mons in my area. We will get one spotlight hour with ice mons in June (Swinub Spotlight Hour on 22 June), but I hope I will get these ice mons a bit sooner than that :)

I still need 5 ice mons for that damn Mew quest too lol, I guess I could always do some Regice since they are spawning/will start spawning soon in raids....plus a shiny of any Regi would be nice as they are my favourite legendary trio tbh lol.

I didn't thought about it, good idea @smokeytripod! I think I should find some people that will wants to do some Regice with me, it should be fun :D

Big hopes for tomorrow, I wish to get many shinies Gibles😃

I got way too many shinies, but most had trash IVs.  I did get one three star shiny and a normal one in the mid nineties. Even with normal mons, I only got a few three star mons.

Edited by Nectaris

I played for like an hour on CD and caught 10 shinies, best one was in the 80's so I evolved that one....didn't feel like catching too many as it kinda feels like taking the piss considering how rare shiny Gible used to be lol.

Also got 2 more 3* non shinnies so that was nice.

Also caught 2 more 3* 3000+ CP Slaking's today.....kinda useless imo but still fun to have lol.

Edited by smokeytripod

The day before Gible CDay, I caught a wild Axew! I was at my friends place, trading pokemon to make room for the CDay and when we were done, the game showed me a silhouette just 200m down the road. We booked it over there and got it!

Gible CDay itself was incredible. Weather was nice, we caught 5 Hundos, my friend even got a shundo! We both then got another hundo from trading (we traded all our 600ish gibles) and I hatched another hundo from an egg from the US last friday. That was only the 3rd hundo I ever hatched.

Finally after all this time Regigigas is going to be in normal 5* raids and it can be shiny 😄

Also theres some Bidoof event going on too....or something lol.

Got a shiny wurmple and a shiny yanma today!  Going to leave it unevolved as I like shiny yanma, but can't stand yanmega.

Naturally I finished the quest for ice mons before the season turned and now they are reasonably plentiful now.  Snover and spheal are popping up everywhere. At least they help me towards the platinum trophy.

I got another shiny Sunkern the other day and made it a Sunflora, wouldn't mind a shiny Yanma or 2 but then I don't like catching them as they never sit still lol.

I also finished the ice mons just before the latest season I guess cause now I'm swimming in Speals (why can't they be shiny? :( )

pretty sure the next step of the Mew quest will take the rest of my life since I do 1 or 2 research a day and need 151 of them lol, I have access to at least 12 stops during a normal day but all apart from 4 are gym locations so yeah research tasks don't exactly come often lol

Giblle community day was quite nice, I got some shinies (but sadly any of them didn't had nice iv), and I'm going to make lucky trade shiny swap to get one with nice iv :)

Congrats to everyone that got so many nice shinys, and Loebok, getting Axew in the wild is incredible, congrats!

I also finally got enough ice mons to get to another part of Mew quuest (and I'm also now swarmed by Spheals and Snovers, just when I don't need them xD).

Just like you @smokeytripod I also do only 1 search a day (I live in place that has only a few stops and gyms, and I need to go out and walk quite far to them, so I mostly play when I visit town center for shopping, I don't have time to do much research task when I'm out). I also think it will take me a lot of time to get this part of quest, I'm curious which of us will get it faster :D But I quite like my slow pace, I don't really need to get this Mew fast, it's just that last quest took me so long I'm not sure how long will take this part :D

Did we get any information what pokemon will be on next community day? And when in July it will be? I'm not sure if I just missed it or it wasn't added anywhere. I'm not that great with researching for this stuff, so I apprreciate any help with it!

10 hours ago, biruko said:

Did we get any information what pokemon will be on next community day? And when in July it will be? I'm not sure if I just missed it or it wasn't added anywhere. I'm not that great with researching for this stuff, so I apprreciate any help with it!

Community Day is Tepig on the 3rd of July, guess it was only just recently announced but yeah quite happy we are slowly getting the Unova starters finally :3 

1 hour ago, smokeytripod said:

Community Day is Tepig on the 3rd of July, guess it was only just recently announced but yeah quite happy we are slowly getting the Unova starters finally :3 

Thank you @smokeytripod, I didn't saw it yet :D

I'm glad we got Tepig, I also love when we have starters on community days, especially from Unova :3

Well thats odd, I caught a wild shiny Venusaur today 😕 I didn't think evolved Pokemon could be encountered shiny and only ones that can have a pre-evolution thats introduced in a later gen (Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Roselia etc).

Not gonna lie I'm not complaining much lol, just need a shiny Blastoise then I have the 3 Kanto starters as shiny.

2 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Well thats odd, I caught a wild shiny Venusaur today 😕 I didn't think evolved Pokemon could be encountered shiny and only ones that can have a pre-evolution thats introduced in a later gen (Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Roselia etc).

Not gonna lie I'm not complaining much lol, just need a shiny Blastoise then I have the 3 Kanto starters as shiny.

You caught it in wild? That's amazing! Congratulations! ❤️

I also thought we can't catch shiny evolved Pokemon in wild. I know that evolved Pokemons from MegaRaid could be shiny, but I didn't know it's the same in wild 😮

Nice information, I will check more evolved pokemon on map now. I often don't do it with Pokemons I don't need as they're hard to catch. Now I won't miss any of them :)

9 hours ago, biruko said:

You caught it in wild? That's amazing! Congratulations! ❤️

I also thought we can't catch shiny evolved Pokemon in wild. I know that evolved Pokemons from MegaRaid could be shiny, but I didn't know it's the same in wild 😮

Nice information, I will check more evolved pokemon on map now. I often don't do it with Pokemons I don't need as they're hard to catch. Now I won't miss any of them :)

Yeah, apparently any that can be caught shiny in Mega Raids can be caught shiny in the wild.  I got a shiny houndoom from a research task for example.

7 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Yeah, apparently any that can be caught shiny in Mega Raids can be caught shiny in the wild.  I got a shiny houndoom from a research task for example.

Good to know!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere in game, but it's a nice surprise for me :)

Maybe I will catch some shiny like that too :D I hope I will have some luck with it!

Well I finished the research and caught my shiny Mew at last!  Naturally it has pretty cruddy IVs.

Got my three shinies from the community day I needed.  One of them was three star.

Can't help but think Tepig day was bugged or something since I only found 5 shinies in the 3 hours I played 😕 normally I get that many in like the first 45mins or so....

Best one was still a 2* so eh was good enough (shiny IV's don't bother me much now)

Well that was something.  Got a shiny darumaka and a shiny bronzor right at the start of the event.

Congrats on shiny Darumaka and Bronzor Nectaris!

I also had some shiny with tepig community day, it was enough for me and I'm quite happy with them but I didn't get any 3 stars shiny - but I got one 95% normal tepig, it was quite nice!

I'm looking for shiny Darumaka now too. Maybe I will have some luck and I catch it too. It's one of "pale color shiny" that I quite like to have :D

I'm also preparing for Go Fest now. I quite like Rock Pikachu version, it reminds me a bit for Pikachu Libre, and I like both of they design now. 

I'm also quite happy that we will get Chatot. I like it and I didn't have chance to catch it so far by myself. I only got one from trade with friend, but I would like to catch one myself, it's just feels different when I catch something by myself :)

Thanks!

I somehow ended up with ANOTHER shiny darumaka, and a shiny lillipup!  That completely completes my regular darumaka collection as I also have a 100iv one.  It also completes my shiny collection for lillipups!