Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Caught a shiny Volbeat today!  Super excited as it is the one that normally doesn't appear here.

Unfortunately, due to bad weather I won't be able to go to the lati raid hour, again.  I imagine even if I was foolish enough to venture to the park at night, no one else would have.  Yeah, I am in Texas with the record breaking winter weather.

I'm still chasing shiny Ilumise since thats the one we don't get here :(.

I did hatch a Rufflet from my first 10KM in what feels like months so thats nice since I didn't have one lol.

For Community day while I'm not mad at Fletchling being the chosen one (Talonflame is really cool tbh) I still would prefer a Snivy, Tepig or Oshawott CD....

I haven't gotten any event shiny during lunar or valentines 😢

But I had some good Lucky trades this week so I guess that evens it out? Also got a 100% Darumaka.

I also hatched a shiny Buizel. I didn't get one during their shiny release, so it's a welcome thing! (I really wanted one). But 67% IVs from an egg hatch is just.. urgh.

Well Kanto tour is over for me now, caught 11 shiny Pokemon the whole day even though I spent a good 3 hours walking around and started at around 9am so can't say I'm that impressed.

I caught a shiny: Scyther, Krabby Hitmonlee(Ok this 1 made me happy), Lickitung, Onix, Growlithe, Mankey 2x Oddish, 2x Kabuto....evolved 1 Oddish, 1 Kabuto, Growlithe, Mankey and Onix so now I have 115 uninque shinies.

Really would have liked a Bulbasaur(dont have 1 yet), another Ekans(already got 1) and another Scyther but...eh.

53 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Well Kanto tour is over for me now, caught 11 shiny Pokemon the whole day even though I spent a good 3 hours walking around and started at around 9am so can't say I'm that impressed.

I caught a shiny: Scyther, Krabby Hitmonlee(Ok this 1 made me happy), Lickitung, Onix, Growlithe, Mankey 2x Oddish, 2x Kabuto....evolved 1 Oddish, 1 Kabuto, Growlithe, Mankey and Onix so now I have 115 uninque shinies.

Really would have liked a Bulbasaur(dont have 1 yet), another Ekans(already got 1) and another Scyther but...eh.

I agree with you, it wasn't so good with shiny this time.

I played almost all available time (I was about 40-50 minute away to make simple dinner and buy groceries) and I got 16 shinys. I must say it's a bit little for almost 11 hours of playing (most were on incesne only, but I was walking for about 3 hours in place with a lot of pokestops too). I had green ticket, and I got: 4 x meowth, 3 x Sandshrew, 1 Lickitung, 1 Pikachu, 1 Charmander, 1 Bulbasaur (I really wanted one, I missed community for it and I only got one shiny with a hat that I coouldn't evelove), 1 Jynx, 1 Vulpix, 1 Magmar (why, I had too much xd), 1 Tangela and of course Ditto. I had better community days that I played only for 3 hours, I think I could get at least 4-5 more shinys in this time I tried to catch them.

But I just heard that we will have make up event for ticket owners due to some problems so maybe we all get some more shinys :D I really wanted shiny Pinsir, Hitmonchan or Bellsprout, maybe I'll get one of them next time :D

How it was for others?

I ended up with 14.  I didn't get to play much for the first half, clearing my driveway so I could get out.

My Shinies:

Ekans

Charmander

Diglett

Ponyta

Hitmonlee

Oddish

Growlithe

Zapdos

Lickitung

Drowzee X 2

Mankey X 2

Krabby

Naturally I got a zapdos, one I already had. I was happy though that I got to do all the trading, I don't usually trade.

I had a green ticket and got 16 shinies. I'm quite happy with it as I didn't have most of them (and I participated in ALL past community days) Kinda happy that I didn't get a starter!

I got:

1 Pidgey (number 3 for full family)

1 Sandshrew (new)

2 Tangela (not new but one has 3 Stars)

1 Bellsprout (The reason i got the green ticket!)

1 Porygon (meh)

1 Staryu (new)

1 Pinsir (meh)

1 Rydon ( 3 Stars, so yay)

1 Evoli (3 Stars)

1 Lickytung (new, 3 Stars, 96% woah)

1 Psyduck (nr 2, family complete)

1 Lapras (my number 2, but 3 Stars, so yay)

1 Vulpix (meh)

1 Machop (meh)

1 Ditto (like everyone)

- traded 1 Vulpix for Mankey (new)

I also ended up with 16 shinies and played pretty much the entire time. Was able to complete nearly all the challenges except for the raid one.

If anyone here has a mr mine raid that I can join, I’d really appreciate it. Please message me and I can give you my friend code

Seems like I got the least shinies so far with my 11 (well 12 when I finally get the Ditto quest done) lol, ah well 😛 

It looks like most people get a dozen shinys, for my firends 12-17 shinys from Kanto tour day is the most common too (at least for people who bought ticket).

But we have in our group one person who play really intensive, he was playing all 12 hours on foot, he used incese and lures on more than 20 pokestops and was walking from one to another all the time. He got 45 shiny that day (I saw screenshots), and well, shocked us a bit. Maybe shock would be bigger if he didn't got more than 50 shiny machops on machop community day (he don't like roselia so he only got 20 shiny and had stop playing that day after getting them). But because of him we saw that somethings wasn't working right on Kanto Tour Day. If he played so intensive for 12 hours and got less shinys that for playing for 6 hours on community day, then something was wrong. I'm really glad for my shinys thought, I got many I didn't have so it was rather good time :)

I'm really glad that they planning make up event, I would love another chance to get shiny Bellsprotu or Pinsir. I just recently traded for shiny hitmonchan with my friend and I'm quite happy with it :D

I'm a bit sad that Mewtwo don't have Psystrike anymore on raids, I didn't heard he will have it only on Kanto Tour and I did only 3 raid with him to catch more other pokemons. Didn't get a shiny version so far, but I hope I'll get lucky on some raids soon :D

On 2/23/2021 at 2:58 PM, biruko said:

It looks like most people get a dozen shinys, for my firends 12-17 shinys from Kanto tour day is the most common too (at least for people who bought ticket).

But we have in our group one person who play really intensive, he was playing all 12 hours on foot, he used incese and lures on more than 20 pokestops and was walking from one to another all the time. He got 45 shiny that day (I saw screenshots), and well, shocked us a bit. Maybe shock would be bigger if he didn't got more than 50 shiny machops on machop community day (he don't like roselia so he only got 20 shiny and had stop playing that day after getting them). But because of him we saw that somethings wasn't working right on Kanto Tour Day. If he played so intensive for 12 hours and got less shinys that for playing for 6 hours on community day, then something was wrong. I'm really glad for my shinys thought, I got many I didn't have so it was rather good time :)

I'm really glad that they planning make up event, I would love another chance to get shiny Bellsprotu or Pinsir. I just recently traded for shiny hitmonchan with my friend and I'm quite happy with it :D

I'm a bit sad that Mewtwo don't have Psystrike anymore on raids, I didn't heard he will have it only on Kanto Tour and I did only 3 raid with him to catch more other pokemons. Didn't get a shiny version so far, but I hope I'll get lucky on some raids soon :D

Shiny chance was only significantly (to cday status) increased for certain Pokemon, other may have had just a slightly increased or no increased chance of being shiny. You can't compare that to a cday.

14 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Shiny chance was only significantly (to cday status) increased for certain Pokemon, other may have had just a slightly increased or no increased chance of being shiny. You can't compare that to a cday.

That's bad then :(

It always been increased noticeably for people who bought tickets in events like that so I and my friends thought it will be that case here too. In my community we mostly bought tickets for more shiny chance (and shiny ditto and quest for mew, but they weren't that important). As I mentioned in earlier posts, in my country ticket was quite expensive, so I think if we would known about it earlier, most of us wouldn't bought it. But well, I know now to search more information about events before buying ticket :)

Thank you for letting me known, I really didn't know that was the case.

I did a total of eight raids today, all Articuno. I did it exclusively because I wanted to try to get a shiny because I've been wanting one ever since it was released. During the raid day I did seven raids and none of them resulted in a shiny and I lost all hope. Then, about an hour ago, maybe a bit more, there was another Articuno raid that I joined remotely and managed to form a lobby at the last minute. Thank heavens I got there in time because:

eY54csD.jpg

I GOT IT!!! :wub: 

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Well today has been eventful I think lol:
I hatched a shiny Elekid (I guess I had an old 5KM egg or they are in the egg pool again?),
Caught my first ever Incarnate form Landorus (since Therians are coming soon) who was weather boosted and is a 98% and it also knows Rock Throw and Earth Power without me wasting TM's on it lol

And to finish it off I just advanced the Ditto research from Kanto day (yeah not done yet on stage 7/8 lol) and my reward capture was a shiny Lapras which is another shiny I didn't have :D 

Also congrats Silver on the shiny Articuno, not really one I would go out of my way for as it's not much different but I'm happy for ya :3 

Edit: Ok so we can add that I finally reached lvl 40 to the list of stuff that happened today lol

Edited by smokeytripod

Congrats Silver!  I have wanted a shiny articuno for some time.  Naturally, during the raid day there was only one articuno raid where I was(I probably could have gone searching downtown, but I wasn't in the mood).

I am excited about the the Incarnates and Therians coming, as I have neither of them.  Hopefully the weather will hold and I will actually be able to do raid hour this week.

I hate to ask this, but can people open their gifts from me(Nectaris86)?  I am just ALMOST done with the send 151 gifts task, and I just need a few more people to send gifts to.

Finished that task.  Man, the masterwork quest IS a doozy, it is going to be a while before I finish that dragon task.

Edited by Nectaris

Caught a 92% Tornadus and a 89% Shiny Fletchling(Talonflame) today :) 

Also finished 3/4 tasks for my level up, just need to do 27 more raids and gain 5.8Mill exp lol, still gotta do 60 something more great throws and send like 30 gifts to progress that Masterwork research now that I have it, Niantic did say it will take a while to finish so I'm in no rush tbh lol.

Also i may sound like an idiot but what are XL candies for? nothing I own lets me use them so I'm not seeing the purpose yet.

Edited by smokeytripod

1 hour ago, smokeytripod said:

Caught a 92% Tornadus and a 89% Shiny Fletchling(Talonflame) today :) 

Also finished 3/4 tasks for my level up, just need to do 27 more raids and gain 5.8Mill exp lol, still gotta do 60 something more great throws and send like 30 gifts to progress that Masterwork research now that I have it, Niantic did say it will take a while to finish so I'm in no rush tbh lol.

Also i may sound like an idiot but what are XL candies for? nothing I own lets me use them so I'm not seeing the purpose yet.

XL candies are for leveling mons past 40.  If you don't power up your mons, you won't ever really need them.

The next Masterwork task has a built-in minimum of 30 days, so yeah, don't rush. 

I got five shiny fletching so far, at least one three stars, though I haven't checked yet how good.

I got a 100% IV Fletchling and two shinies! Pretty good for having to work almost the entire time.

I played for most of the thing, and together with a friend collected all the reported Hundos in our city by bike. We ended with 5 Hundo Fletchlings (still looking for that shundo). Also I made 1.7 million XP from the catch XP bonus, and got enough XL candy to get one and a half Talonflame to level 50. I really liked this particular CDay, it was also a new shiny and I hadn't evolved a Talonflame before.

On 3/6/2021 at 7:12 PM, Nectaris said:

XL candies are for leveling mons past 40.  If you don't power up your mons, you won't ever really need them.

Ah that makes sense, all the Pokes I have XL candies for are ones I wouldn't power up(like Glameow/Purugly) so I can't use em lol, annoyingly all the Pokes I actually do power up/use I have no XL candies for them though which is a thing I can't see being fixed soon lol.

So today in shiny news I caught a shiny Magnemite and a shiny Spoink while I was out with the misses cause here in the UK we can FINALLY meet up with 1 other person from another household(we don't live together yet) so that was a nice bonus, they were both pretty meh in terms of stats but they are new for me so can't whine too much lol.

I have almost powered a Gyarados and a Pidgeotto to level 50, but I am waiting to level them to max. Because one task for gaining a new trainer level is to power up 5 Pokemon to lvl 50 and I do not want to level up unneccessarty ones (I do have enough xl candy for Pikachu, as example) 

One of the raids I did yesterday was so much fun! The four of us played:

qmCGzJ5.png

USA, Japan, South Korea and Serbia together against Tornadus! @Nectaris was there. :wub: Four strong players can take him down relatively easily, and I hope everyone got him! Did you manage to catch him, @Nectaris? :wub: 

3 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

One of the raids I did yesterday was so much fun! The four of us played:

USA, Japan, South Korea and Serbia together against Tornadus! @Nectaris was there. :wub: Four strong players can take him down relatively easily, and I hope everyone got him! Did you manage to catch him, @Nectaris? :wub: 

Yes!  It was only two star, but I didn't have any before that one, so I am glad to have it regardless of IVs. 

14 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Yes!  It was only two star, but I didn't have any before that one, so I am glad to have it regardless of IVs. 

Hope you may encounter an even better one in some of the upcoming raids, but I remembered how you said you didn't have these three before so I called you to participate. Glad you got him. :wub: