Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

22 hours ago, Nectaris said:

And January community day is... Machop.  Blegh, starting the year off badly.  Another mon with shinies already available, nothing new added to the game.  I was seriously hoping that with the release of gen6, they would FINALLY release the shiny gen5 starters, but NO, we have to go with a mon that has had shinies available for a long time and has been featured in many events.

Plus the attack is again just a PVP move, so that machop can counter psychics.

Yeah, I don't play pvp, I have 3 100% Machop and three shinies (full family).

It's again just another useless C-day. At least I can send a full shiny family to Let's Go Pikachu? yay.

23 hours ago, Nectaris said:

And January community day is... Machop.  Blegh, starting the year off badly.  Another mon with shinies already available, nothing new added to the game.  I was seriously hoping that with the release of gen6, they would FINALLY release the shiny gen5 starters, but NO, we have to go with a mon that has had shinies available for a long time and has been featured in many events.

I mean I only have 1 shiny Machop so i aint complaining that I can get 2 more, guess it also gives me 1 less species to hunt during that kanto Tour event thing too since I'll only be chasing things I don't have as shiny.

Also not content with the January community day, and I'm also bummed that legendaries aren't available in weekly research breakthroughs as before. With covid going on that should be at least some kind of reward for players worldwide, especially knowing that some countries are in complete lockdown. 

When it comes to this current holiday event, I love it! I'm hoping for at least one shiny Cubchoo because I didn't get one when the Galarian Mr. Mime event took place. Also a shiny Delibird would be nice since I don't have a single one. :D 

Well my 50km reward egg turned out to have a shiny riolu!  Good IVs too.

21 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Well my 50km reward egg turned out to have a shiny riolu!  Good IVs too.

Congrats! Hopefully I'll receive of those next Monday. :D 

The curse of the "I play Pokemon Go a lot" strikes again.

2 hours walking through the rain, searching for quests for Delibird and Vanillite and no shiny, no Pokemon I caught got over 90% IV.

But I got a headache. Nice.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

16 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

The curse of the "I play Pokemon Go a lot" strikes again.

2 hours walking through the rain, searching for quests for Delibird and Vanillite and no shiny, no Pokemon I caught got over 90% IV.

But I got a headache. Nice.

Hope you feel better soon! I haven't had much luck today myself, and I would simply LOVE a shiny Cubchoo, Delibird and Stantler by the time this event is over. Their Christmas outfits look too cute! :wub: 

So out of curiosity has anyone seen a Regice at all? I heard they are supposed to be spawning now but I'm yet to see one....I'm still missing Regice and Regirock so yeah lol.

Edit: I finally saw a Regice and caught it :) just need Regirock to come back again and I'll have all 3 golems, honestly my favorite legendaries lol.

Edited by smokeytripod

On 12/26/2020 at 10:35 AM, smokeytripod said:

So out of curiosity has anyone seen a Regice at all? I heard they are supposed to be spawning now but I'm yet to see one....I'm still missing Regice and Regirock so yeah lol.

Edit: I finally saw a Regice and caught it :) just need Regirock to come back again and I'll have all 3 golems, honestly my favorite legendaries lol.

Glad you finally seen Regice! 

I am not going to make 40 :( 

I am so sad. I have been kicking myself for not playing for a bit in between 2016 and the beginning of 2020. 

On 12/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, galleri said:

Glad you finally seen Regice! 

I am not going to make 40 :(

I am so sad. I have been kicking myself for not playing for a bit in between 2016 and the beginning of 2020. 

Yeah I only saw 1 Regice the whole 2 days or so they were spawning, mental that they make something spawn then never spawn it lol.

I'm also not going to make lvl 40, sitting on lvl 39 with 2.9m-ish exp out of the 5m exp needed, I started PoGo back up like last march-april time and all I had done between the initial release and then was create my character and catch a starter so I don't feel I've done too bad lol.

Oh and in shiny news I finally caught not 1 but 2 shiny Snovers yesterday and they were literally back to back....they both had awful IV's but I still have shiny Snover and Abomasnow so I'm happy lol

Edited by smokeytripod

Naturally I caught the virus Christmas Eve(doing fine btw), so I didn't do any raiding.  I can see two gyms from my house, but they aren't particularly active gyms, so finding someone else to raid with is VERY rare.  I already had regice, but I was hoping for a chance of a shiny.  I haven't been too active since this hit, can't go anywhere and I didn't feel like doing much anyways.  I feel better, but I can't do anything till Monday.

I'm kinda excited about this Unova celebration event! I finally managed to find a wonderful IV Tepig which I evolved all the way, and I also got some more Oshawott candy I needed to evolve it all the way as well. I also caught my first three Ferroseed and earned the legacy medal. In the end of playing for today I came across a Genesect raid, and I was lucky to see four other people joining in and the five of us managed to beat it with ease! Not sure how long it's meant to stay as a raid boss, but I'll keep an eye out for him and invite my friends to join in remotely. :D 

I got the Unova's done!!!! Yes!

I asked a friend last night who did a level 40 at Dec 31 what she got from Niantic....it was just a badge. I thought they were giving out a ton of other things special that no one else would get. Someone lied to me! lol

15 hours ago, galleri said:

I got the Unova's done!!!! Yes!

I asked a friend last night who did a level 40 at Dec 31 what she got from Niantic....it was just a badge. I thought they were giving out a ton of other things special that no one else would get. Someone lied to me! lol

There was also a Quest, that was doable until December 31 at some time, which unlocked when you reached 40. That one gave you some Gyarados hat for your avatar, an encounter with Deino and Archen as well a couple of incubators and green raid passes. Maybe that quest was already expired when she hit 40

4 hours ago, Loebok said:

There was also a Quest, that was doable until December 31 at some time, which unlocked when you reached 40. That one gave you some Gyarados hat for your avatar, an encounter with Deino and Archen as well a couple of incubators and green raid passes. Maybe that quest was already expired when she hit 40

Could have been. I know she was 40 by Dec 25th. She may have not noticed. Then again I did ask her while she was in the ER and they were giving her morphine. 

Worried I may be entering a shiny drought.  This happened last year too, where during the beginning of the year, I had a string of month-long shiny droughts.  It only ended when I got shiny virizion, then my luck resumed like it had been.  Really disappointing as snivy has been released shiny, but like a normal mon, not a CD mon, which means it will likely take me forever to get even one of them.  Like how it took a special event for me to get a shiny nidoran, one of my all-time favorite lines.

24 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

Worried I may be entering a shiny drought.  This happened last year too, where during the beginning of the year, I had a string of month-long shiny droughts.  It only ended when I got shiny virizion, then my luck resumed like it had been.  Really disappointing as snivy has been released shiny, but like a normal mon, not a CD mon, which means it will likely take me forever to get even one of them.  Like how it took a special event for me to get a shiny nidoran, one of my all-time favorite lines.

I have not caught a shiny in a really long time. So you are not alone! 

On 12/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, Nectaris said:

Naturally I caught the virus Christmas Eve(doing fine btw), so I didn't do any raiding.  I can see two gyms from my house, but they aren't particularly active gyms, so finding someone else to raid with is VERY rare.  I already had regice, but I was hoping for a chance of a shiny.  I haven't been too active since this hit, can't go anywhere and I didn't feel like doing much anyways.  I feel better, but I can't do anything till Monday.

I just seen this and I am so sorry you caught the virus! :( ❤️ 

And naturally I got a shiny tentacool today on my way home from work!  :)

3 hours ago, Nectaris said:

And naturally I got a shiny tentacool today on my way home from work!  :)

Woohoo!!!

And the community day for February is Roselia.  Another mon I wish they had not done.  Out of the literally HUNDREDS of mons they have to choose from, why do they keep doing this to us?  Can't they throw collectors, rather than battlers, a bone every once in a while?  I will likely sit this one out completely, I already have the full line as shinies AND have TWO hundred IV ones.

17 hours ago, Nectaris said:

And the community day for February is Roselia.  Another mon I wish they had not done.  Out of the literally HUNDREDS of mons they have to choose from, why do they keep doing this to us?  Can't they throw collectors, rather than battlers, a bone every once in a while?  I will likely sit this one out completely, I already have the full line as shinies AND have TWO hundred IV ones.

Yeah, I really hate that as well. But I try to be optimistic about it. Another special legacy attack to "collect" and I still need a 90% or more IV Roselia to give the cday attacks to. Guess I still need to catch a lot. It gives you a bit of motivation I guess.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki
typo

Looking as machop community day legacy attack was tested in battle, I hope Roselia get at least a bit more useful attack. Machamp attack is meh at pvp (one bar kills it's usefulness) and it's not important for raids (I have much better dark type Pokemons to use rather than Machamp with dark moveset which will be one-hit by psychic/ghost type on raids). Sadly it's not really good for anything.

I'm not really into PVP in PoGo and I would love to finally get new community Pokemon with attack that would be useful on raids. I think last year we got maybe one Pokemon which can be useful on raids with community moveset, and every other one was described as "useful in pvp" - I don't know if all really all like that, but this year I hope we got some other types of moveset too :)

In my place we got reall winter now so I have almost all the time Snow weather in PoGo, I think I can do platinum medal for Snow Pokemons, that's good :) And if I'm lucky I get my first shiny cubchoo, they appear so often now, I would love to one ❤️