Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

On 1/13/2021 at 9:16 PM, Nectaris said:

And the community day for February is Roselia.  Another mon I wish they had not done.  Out of the literally HUNDREDS of mons they have to choose from, why do they keep doing this to us?  Can't they throw collectors, rather than battlers, a bone every once in a while?  I will likely sit this one out completely, I already have the full line as shinies AND have TWO hundred IV ones.

For me personally the only upside to Roselia day is that I don't have either a shiny Roselia or Roserade, I have a shiny Budew that I never evolved in case I never saw another one though.

Bit even so I would have liked something else a bit more interesting like Axew or the Unova starters, even though Snivy is now available as shiny which imo is dumb as it should've been a CD like all the other starters but it is what it is I guess....

Had a good raid hour, which allowed me to finish that quest which gives a rayquaza.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish it.  I am looking forward to the electric/dragon incense thing, hoping that axew is included in it, though I am doubtful.  At least if it isn't, maybe gibble and/or deino might, with their chance of being shiny.

I also had good raid hour, I finally catch 2 Groudon and Kyogre for quest.

And I finally found 2xquest for catching Minun and Plusle (and got both :D), I didn't know it will be that hard to get it 😮

I would love to get Axew on this incense too, it's so hard to get it in any way.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:10 AM, Nectaris said:

Had a good raid hour, which allowed me to finish that quest which gives a rayquaza.  I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish it.  I am looking forward to the electric/dragon incense thing, hoping that axew is included in it, though I am doubtful.  At least if it isn't, maybe gibble and/or deino might, with their chance of being shiny.

The "dragon hour" mostly spawns trash Pokemon that can evolve into dragons.  Horsea, Mareep, Trapinch, Vibrava, Dratini, Swablu and rarely Bagon. All except Horsea had a c-day and are pretty worthless as shiny.

Electric hours spawn Pikachu, Magnemite, Voltorb, Chinchou, Mareep, Plusle/Minun and eventually Stunfisk.  They are far more interesting because Magnemite, Voltorb and Chincou didn't have a c-day yet (as well as Plusle, Minun but they had a special release day with huge shiny chance) and Stunfisk has been quite rare since release.

5 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

The "dragon hour" mostly spawns trash Pokemon that can evolve into dragons.  Horsea, Mareep, Trapinch, Vibrava, Dratini, Swablu and rarely Bagon. All except Horsea had a c-day and are pretty worthless as shiny.

Electric hours spawn Pikachu, Magnemite, Voltorb, Chinchou, Mareep, Plusle/Minun and eventually Stunfisk.  They are far more interesting because Magnemite, Voltorb and Chincou didn't have a c-day yet (as well as Plusle, Minun but they had a special release day with huge shiny chance) and Stunfisk has been quite rare since release.

That’s pretty much what I expected, but I had hoped otherwise, especially as with the “event themed 5km” eggs I rarely get 10km eggs anymore.  I have probably only had one, maybe two all year(not counting walking rewards, which has its own egg pool).

Edit:

Ack!  I saw the silhouette of a noibat today, and naturally I couldn't get over to it.  

Edited by Nectaris

Well I got a shiny mareep from the incense thing, which finally completes my shiny mareep line.  When their C-day came around, I wasn't collecting whole lines at the time, so I stopped at one.  Then I only managed to catch one more since then, until today.

5 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Woohoo!

670E485F-5C7F-4CF5-8F13-8D08DF68DA13.png

Congrats!

I would love to get shiny Raikou or Suicune when they appear on raid too, I can't wait for them :)

And today is Sneasel limited research, thanks to that I finally could complete dark pokemon research part in Ho-oh research too! Not many dark pokemon appeared near me recently, so it's a really good thing. And I even got a shiny Sneasel too :)

12 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Woohoo!

670E485F-5C7F-4CF5-8F13-8D08DF68DA13.png

Beautiful, so happy for you! ❤️ 

Well I got 2 shiny Sneasels out of that timed thing, one was a 98% so naturally that became my Weavile and it's stronger then my non-shiny one lol.

Also grats on the shiny Entei Nect, I've not even seen an Entei raid around me with people in it so no luck for me lol.

Really hope I can find a Raikou and Suicune raid when they appear, I'm still missing both of them in general and not just their shinnies :( .

43 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Also grats on the shiny Entei Nect, I've not even seen an Entei raid around me with people in it so no luck for me lol.
Really hope I can find a Raikou and Suicune raid when they appear, I'm still missing both of them in general and not just their shinnies :( .

I'm not sure how long Entei will be on raids, but you can try to invite some friends from your friend list to do raid with you - you can always try with these that have online status turn on, there's a big chance they will like to do legendary raid. I don't know what level you have, but for level 38-40 or higher, you would need about 4 more people with level 39-40 or higher to help you win 5 stars raid like Entei (anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't do any Entei raids recently, but I did Groudon and Kyogre raids with 4 more friends and we beat all of them with some time to spare). If you have lower level, you would need 1-2 more people with higher levels (it depends on weather too).

If you don't have that many friends with that level to invite, you can try ask for help on international Pokemon Go group (reddit have one, I think facebook should have one - or a lot of it, I think every country has at least one group like that on facebook). You can also try special phone aps on your phone where you post about your raid, then people who would like to do raid with you would come, you add them to friends just for this raid and you can beat raid with them (I didn't tried this myself, but one of my friend from very rural area use app like that and thanks to that he got his first Heatran and some more legendary pokemon).

Or maybe your town have a Pokemo Go raid group that you can join too (I live in rather small town, and we have 2 raid groups like that, one for younger players and one for adults - every group have about 50-100 people in it, depending on seasons).

It just my advice how to get legendaries if you don't have many people to play, I understand if you don't want to do anything like that :) I know that anyone play in a way they want, so if you don't want to join any group or try any apps, that perfectly okay and I understand that. I wouldn't have problem with helping with raids on this forum too, but for now thanks to weather I don't do much raids outside. My phone GPS don't work all the time in buildings -thanks to that I can't do any raids from home (GPS disconnect for 1-2 second every 20-30 seconds and thanks to that I'm always thrown out from raid lobby :/).

I don't know how long you play, but from time to time we have legends in Weekly Field Research (now we have Chansey, but there was time we got Entei or Lugia from it). There's a pretty big chance that legends would come back to Field Research this year too, so maybe even without raids you could get Entei later too :)

Oops, I wrote too much :blush:. I just wanted to help in some way and I wrote everything I know about it. If you know about everything I wrote, then I'm sorry for taking that much time from you. Have fun with playing, and I wish you that you get your first Raikou and Suicune soon :)

On 1/30/2021 at 8:40 PM, biruko said:

-snipped out stuff I know-

Oops, I wrote too much :blush:. I just wanted to help in some way and I wrote everything I know about it. If you know about everything I wrote, then I'm sorry for taking that much time from you. Have fun with playing, and I wish you that you get your first Raikou and Suicune soon :)

While I appreciate the helpful yet long post it was all stuff I knew sadly lol, the dogs are just not very popular round my parts as a lot of people have their shiny ones so they don't do them.

That being said someone at work got me to download something called PokeRaid and so i was able to catch both a Raikou and Suicune using that, took like 5-6 minutes of waiting around for a not full raid lobby I could get into but i got them both and my Suicune was weather boosted as a bonus :D, I just need a Corsola, Heracross and Lugia then I have a full Johto dex lol.

Oh I also caught a shiny Murkrow yesterday, strangely i thought I had one already so was super hyped to finally get a shiny Honchkrow to go with my Murkrow but I only have the one so he's staying unevolved for now lol.

Hatched a Noibat today!  Was a mon I had been wanting real bad(outside of tyrantrum, probably my fav gen6 mon), but good grief!  The thing takes 400 candies to evolve, and unlike magikarp or Wailmer who only take a 1km per candy, it takes 5kms a candy

13 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Hatched a Noibat today!  Was a mon I had been wanting real bad(outside of tyrantrum, probably my fav gen6 mon), but good grief!  The thing takes 400 candies to evolve, and unlike magikarp or Wailmer who only take a 1km per candy, it takes 5kms a candy

Noibat hatches from eggs?....hell Noibat exists!? lol (not even seen a single one)

46 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

Noibat hatches from eggs?....hell Noibat exists!? lol (not even seen a single one)

Yeah, it hatches from 10km eggs, and from what I understand is fairly rare.

15 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

While I appreciate the helpful yet long post it was all stuff I knew sadly lol, the dogs are just not very popular round my parts as a lot of people have their shiny ones so they don't do them.

That being said someone at work got me to download something called PokeRaid and so i was able to catch both a Raikou and Suicune using that, took like 5-6 minutes of waiting around for a not full raid lobby I could get into but i got them both and my Suicune was weather boosted as a bonus :D, I just need a Corsola, Heracross and Lugia then I have a full Johto dex lol.

Oh I also caught a shiny Murkrow yesterday, strangely i thought I had one already so was super hyped to finally get a shiny Honchkrow to go with my Murkrow but I only have the one so he's staying unevolved for now lol.

I'm glad you got all of them :)

And I thought you possibly known all of this, but it didn't hurt to write in case you didn't heard about one of this :D

And congrats for your shiny Murkrow, it's  very nice one!

14 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Congrats!

I only got one mysefl when they first appeard, it was wild one with very bad IV (it doesn't even have 1 star), so I'm also trying to hatch one better :D

I'm preparing for tomorrow community day now, I'm not a big fan of pokemon they choose for community (I would love some better choice, like starters, Snivy should finally appear in community day), but I would want to get some shiny Roselia, I like how they look. I got one long time ago, but I evolved it into Roserade, so new shiny Roselia would be pretty nice.

Anyone buying Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket? I'm thinking about it,but I'm not sure which one color I would like more and in my country it's a bit expensive. Pokemon Go Fest ticket was much more profitable than this one, so I'm not sure for buying it.

5 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Yeah, it hatches from 10km eggs, and from what I understand is fairly rare.

Great I guess it's going to be my version of Axew since I never get 10Km eggs anymore lol.

5 hours ago, biruko said:

I'm preparing for tomorrow community day now, I'm not a big fan of pokemon they choose for community (I would love some better choice, like starters, Snivy should finally appear in community day), but I would want to get some shiny Roselia, I like how they look. I got one long time ago, but I evolved it into Roserade, so new shiny Roselia would be pretty nice.

Anyone buying Pokémon GO Tour: Kanto ticket? I'm thinking about it,but I'm not sure which one color I would like more and in my country it's a bit expensive. Pokemon Go Fest ticket was much more profitable than this one, so I'm not sure for buying it.

I mean I'm not a huge fan of Roselia either but I have neither a shiny Roselia or Roserade so I'll at least get something out of tomorrow lol, I too would prefer Snivy, Tepig and Oshawatt come to community days since I think it's BS Snivy got a generic shiny release when all other starters got a community day as far as I'm aware.

I ended up getting the GO Tour Kanto ticket since I am missing a lot of gen 1 shinies anyway so it might help me, I'm getting Green version when it finally lets me pick since I can get the Oddish and Scyther lines and I have neither so extra shiny potential for the evolutions 😛 

3 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

I ended up getting the GO Tour Kanto ticket since I am missing a lot of gen 1 shinies anyway so it might help me, I'm getting Green version when it finally lets me pick since I can get the Oddish and Scyther lines and I have neither so extra shiny potential for the evolutions 😛 

I don't know if it different in different regions, but according to the news article, scyther and oddish are in the red version.  Green gets you pinsir and bellsprout.

I am going with red myself. 

4 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

I don't know if it different in different regions, but according to the news article, scyther and oddish are in the red version.  Green gets you pinsir and bellsprout.

I am going with red myself. 

Hm thats odd after reading it again your right, weird how the other day when I read the lists it was how I initially thought which admittedly at the time when I read it made no sense anyway as Oddish is in Red/Fire Red and Bellsprout is in Green/Blue/Leaf Green.

Looks like I too am going Red lol (even though I like Bellsprout a lot more, but Oddish gives me more shinies)

I really want the shiny Bellsprout so I'm picking green.

Sneasel research gave me no shiny, but 4x 96% IVs, sooo... eh. I already have 3 shinies so it wasn't that bad.

C-day.. I got 2 93% Roselia and a few 2* shinies, I can't complain.

I also got a 96% shiny Suicune yesterday! (I only did 3 Suicune raids total)

I got an 89% shiny Roselia and 1 trash one and just called it a day as I was tired, got the full line in shiny as I already had a Budew so I'm happy lol

Found a 100iv Fennekin today!  Also got my THIRD 100iv miltank, and hatched a 100iv Vullaby recently!

EEEEEEEEE!!!  Wasn't expecting this at all.  I was miffed that I missed the Suicune Raid Day as I didn't know it was even going to happen, though Mondays are FAR better for me than Wednesday.  Then I missed the lati raid day due to bad weather.  It was my lunch break and I was watching a raid to see if anyone would join, and they did!  It was only my second lati raid during this event.

18323E82-CE54-4A66-9D24-40EB537F71FE.png

Edited by Nectaris

On 2/6/2021 at 8:14 PM, smokeytripod said:

I'm also thinking about green version. I bought ticket but I didn't choose version yet. But I have a friend that bought red version and we could trade with each other for missing pokemon (I read we have to do it to get all 150 in one day). I like red version medal more but I have more shiny pokemon to catch from green version so I think it will be better choice for me. Well, I still might don't get any I would like, but we'll see if it happens :D

On 2/12/2021 at 1:14 AM, Nectaris said:

EEEEEEEEE!!!  Wasn't expecting this at all.  I was miffed that I missed the Suicune Raid Day as I didn't know it was even going to happen, though Mondays are FAR better for me than Wednesday.  Then I missed the lati raid day due to bad weather.  It was my lunch break and I was watching a raid to see if anyone would join, and they did!  It was only my second lati raid during this event.

Congrats, it's amazing!

I also missed Suicune Raid Day, most of my firends too. I'm not sure when they mentioned it will be on monday, but we all heard about it after raid hour xD Monday isn't best day for raids for me, I would prefer it on weekend or friday much more, but wednesday isn't that bad too.

As for Roselia Community Day, I got 6 new shiny, I evolved 3 of them (one for me, two for future trading), and I got 2 Roselias over 90% iv, it wasn't bad. And I hatched 12 eggs (most were 7km eggs) so it was pretty nice too :)

Hooray!  It seems they are finally listening to people!  March's CD is going to be fletchling, a favorite of mine.