Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I don't trust our banks here enough to do that. Nor do I trust the utilities with my bank info. Our power company has gone 'paperless' but I cannot get the online account set up so heaven knows if I will ever see my bill again.

Alive is good!

@Marcus Pheonix, this map is why I worry - 

fire.png

Okay... scary toppage, page923! B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

That map is wrong. The dark red ones just indicate how new the fires are and thats like... all fires in the past on top of one another.

This is more accurate.

image.png.81bab46a3ebfb9a0c73dbf1e60a32eb1.png

And I live between Brisbane and the Gold Coast, as you can see there are no fires near me. Thats a 70km distance.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d8745d6cd833aae3a0034ac23002938d.png

It's worst in NSW but the major cities haven't been hit, where I am is too densely populated with buildings to burn anyway. There was a fire "near" my area in november but it was contained by the town.

Edited by Marcus Pheonix

Morning peeps!

It's good you're not in immediate danger MP. Still sucks that some places are on fire though. 

Well people are finally starting to do stuff about it (only took scomo 2 months) The hemsworths just donated $1M so yay.

Apparently my boss was in tears when she found out half a billion animals had died...

I wonder how many species have completely died out, though maybe I don't actually want to know the answer.

At this point, what can actually be done to stop the fires? Apart from dropping the ocean on them? 

Don't know, i'm not a fire expert. We just gotta hope for rain I think. I think Tasmania is doing some contained back-burning. International firefighters are flying over to help, hopefully they'll bring the choppers.

Apparently the smoke has reached Chile.

5 hours ago, Marcus Pheonix said:

That map is wrong. The dark red ones just indicate how new the fires are and thats like... all fires in the past on top of one another.

This is more accurate.

image.png.81bab46a3ebfb9a0c73dbf1e60a32eb1.png

Thank you. That's much less terrifying. I'm glad you're safe. I hope you get some proper rain soon. 

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I need to pick up dog food this morning.

*latehugs @Lagie*

Oh man. Found a nice house within my price range. Nice garden. Spacious enough rooms. Wood floors.

Nearly double my current commute to work. T-T That would make it impossible to get there and back again at lunch time to let the dogs out. 

@Marcus Pheonix - that map is less scary than the one at the top of the page.... but still scary nonetheless.

they're suggesting we might get snow tonight

2 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

*latehugs @Lagie*

Oh man. Found a nice house within my price range. Nice garden. Spacious enough rooms. Wood floors.

Nearly double my current commute to work. T-T That would make it impossible to get there and back again at lunch time to let the dogs out. 

*hugs back*  Aww, and I'll bet they like going out at lunchtime, right?

Enjoy your snow, if you get it, trystan!

probably won't be much to enjoy - it might be messy, as it's supposed to rain first, then change to snow.

but the weather "forecast" is really just a suggestion, and Mother Nature loves messing up forecasts and doing Her own thing anyway! :D

We got some snow this afternoon here -- probably about 2 inches -- very wet since it did start as rain. My daughter-in-law sent me a video of my granddaughter out there making snow angels. They are about 30 miles north of us and got a bit more than we did. Hopefully not as wet, either, or she'll be soaked!  She LOVES snow!

Glad you are safe from the fires, MP. The news coverage has looked very frightening.

we got... cold rain. not very snowy, but i kinda wasn't expecting much....

I’m alive and coughing and regretting breeding my Dorsal project because...

This genius forgot that she was egglocked, bred a RED Dorsal egg which she’s been wanting ever since she found out about Red and Purple Dorsals and it was auto abandoned. 😭 *sigh*

Would anyone want a purple one in 5 hours?

~/view/ link changed to /lineage/ link~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

Good morning peeps!

Edit: I wonder if I should bother setting up a new RP or not. The board looks pretty dead over there. 

Edited by Fortune86

8 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

I’m alive and coughing and regretting breeding my Dorsal project because...

This genius forgot that she was egglocked, bred a RED Dorsal egg which she’s been wanting ever since she found out about Red and Purple Dorsals and it was auto abandoned. 😭 *sigh*

Would anyone want a purple one in 5 hours?

Aww. That's a shame. Do you need a second gen red from reds?

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out hot cocoa and muffins*

It's chilly, for here. It's funny to go downtown on days like this. The tourists are in shorts and tank tops, while some of the locals are in ski jackets and toques. XD

If you wanted to set up an rp, you'd probably need to do it in freeforms, no one posts in other anymore.

God I wish it was chilly here, it's so dang hot. I've had the AC on basically the whole day (and night).

@Marcus Pheonix - you want chilly, come visit me... it's in the 30sF today.... right now it's 35F, which is about 1.6C for you! we've had the heater on. heh.

Impressive.

My kitten enjoyed my scratching her belly so much she rolled over and off of the stand she was on

Also what were you saying about an rp fort?