Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

XD Thanks for the laugh!

* bangs head on wall * I have idjits in my family.

My dad's in hospital, been airlifted to the US to be with his heart doctors, though it seems to be a simple infection and he should be fine.

Do you think ANYone tried a) my landline or later b) my work phone or even c) my aunt who can ALWAYS reach me even when I don't want her to... when they were unable to reach me via cell phone?!? Idjits. My sister had the presence of mind to email, but it was 12 hours before I read it. Sigh.

Thanks. *hugs back* 

Every time anyone I know travels back here from England, they get sick. So my dad just seems to be following the pattern, but with his heart issues and his age, and what seems to have been a seizure, my stepmother decided better safe than sorry and got him to the doctors that know him best (helps to have the resources to afford that...). Though she's not my favourite person in the world, he's fortunate to have her on his side.

Lengthy toppage, page 918. B)

Edited by Lagie
Toppage!

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

he's fortunate to have her on his side.

it's always good to have someone who knows you and what's good for you though. :) 

15 minutes ago, trystan said:

it's always good to have someone who knows you and what's good for you though. :) 

Exactly. She knows him much better than even most of his kids do.

When you take a break from Photoshop that lasts longer than a month, it looks like a foreign language when you return.

everything looks like a foreign language if you leave it for long enough....

4 minutes ago, trystan said:

everything looks like a foreign language if you leave it for long enough....

Eh, some things stay fresh for me. I don't usually forget English grammar rules, for instance.

1st day of the new year was spent playing a game with a friend for 7 hours straight :D Pretty good... until she had to go to bed cause timezones 😛

1 hour ago, Fortune86 said:

@Lagie Hope your dad is ok!

Thanks, Fortune!  So far the news sounds encouraging. They'd only just returned from a Christmas trip to England.

Happy New Year's Day, CPA! B)

(The sunglasses image has changed?)

I still have to go in to work to feed my critters but for now I'm enjoying the 13th Doctor marathon that continues all day till the new one at 8 p.m.

yaay for New Year's Doctor Who special! (i'll be watching it soon enough, i'm sure.  maybe?)

Dogs and cat fed. A bit of tidying and repair done. Phone charged. And now back to Doctor Who. We've reached Kerblam!

@Lagie Hope your dad continues to recover well. Frustrating that no one thought of an alternate way to reach you. But stress does weird things to your brain, so just blame that! XD

1 hour ago, trystan said:

don't open any weird packages!

And don't pop the bubble wrap! XD

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

@Lagie Hope your dad continues to recover well. Frustrating that no one thought of an alternate way to reach you. But stress does weird things to your brain, so just blame that! XD

So far so good! They got him up and walking today, which is an improvement already.

11 minutes ago, trystan said:

but i like popping bubble wrap! XD 

I do, too, in fact. It's always hard to resist when I'm wrapping stuff for customers at the shop.

agreed!

and no spoilers for tonight's episode... you'll probably get to it before me.

hubby usually watches stuff/CNN  at night, and i don't want to go off into my own world with headphones .... we're kinda an empty nest, and what i don't want to happen is he does his thing and i do mine - in the same house.  so... i usually watch stuff when he's not home.  we'll see when i end up watching it. XD 

As the year ended and the hour ticked over into a new day... I was asleep. XD 

Went to an annual church meeting so had to sleep early so when I woke up it was the new year. :P 

I forgot about the Dr Who marathon... but it’s ok since my mom downloaded the season and we can binge :P 
we just watched the Tsuranga Conundrum! (Ep. 5)

The new one's on at 8 p.m. so don't inadvertently binge over it! XD

i'll be hopefully watching the new one momentarily!

re: the Tsuranga Conundrum - let's discuss that i watched that the same night it aired last year, and then two days later i was on my way somewhere when there was a clanking noise in my car (turns out a critter got itself tangled up in one of my engine belts), but when i heard the clang, i immediately hoped it wasn't a Pting! :blink:

Lol XD My little cousin is like a Pting — tries to eat everything and can if not monitored. XD 

Edited by Swiftphoenix
Typo