Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

I described a couple when I first started. I know this girl has a description:

https://dragcave.net/view/VKKRH
And I found this one as I was scrolling:

https://dragcave.net/view/MtLhu

But I don’t think anyone else does. I mainly forget who has what unless I type it in Notes, which is how my purple dragon Har Gow came about; he’s inbred 🤦🏻‍♀️

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

I've lost my Excel spreadsheet... twice. That's why all my stuff's in Google now.

i might have had it in excel... but i'm pretty sure it's been a google sheet for as long as i can remember....

edit:  Frick & Frack

Edited by trystan
to add links

I wish I had the foresight to record my dragons. Would've helped when my names got wiped off my scroll.u_u

9 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

I described a couple when I first started. I know this girl has a description:

https://dragcave.net/view/VKKRH
And I found this one as I was scrolling:

https://dragcave.net/view/MtLhu

But I don’t think anyone else does. I mainly forget who has what unless I type it in Notes, which is how my purple dragon Har Gow came about; he’s inbred 🤦🏻‍♀️

:D

9 hours ago, trystan said:

i might have had it in excel... but i'm pretty sure it's been a google sheet for as long as i can remember....

Mints!

3 hours ago, WaterScorpion said:

I wish I had the foresight to record my dragons. Would've helped when my names got wiped off my scroll.u_u

Oh, that must have been frustrating.

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I am so glad the rain stopped. Shop days are cramped and crowded when we can't use the outside spaces.

9 hours ago, Lagie said:
18 hours ago, trystan said:

Mints!

these gals were my first two! and i also got a white and a Guardian in my first four dragons ever. :) 

Purple, white, water, purple dorsal were my first four survivors. My very first four didn't make it. I had no clue about hatcheries.

The white is described.

Edited by Lagie
To add link

i didn't know about stand-alone hatcheries..... but there were groups on LiveJournal where you could post them - and that's what i did.  that's actually where i first saw DC dragons. :) 

I saw a white in @Fizzix's signature at the Sci-Fi (pre-SyFy days) forums and fell in love.

I used to put my eggs in that signature. Random word association was one of my favourite threads there.

nice!

i was on the forum for one of the tv shows that aired on SciFi until 1999.... and they dumped it right in the middle of the season.  it never came back after that, and on one of their re-dos of the site, the show was completely gone.

No idea where to put this so here it goes. If someone else already did this, then... welp? 

Eggshell sits in front of (Scrollname)
(Scrollname): Who broke the egg? I’m not mad. I just wanna know.
Red: I did. I broke it.
(Scrollname): No. No, you didn’t. Green?
Green: Don’t look at me. Look at the Vampire!
Vampire: What?! I didn’t break it.
Green: Huh. That’s weird. How'd you even know it was broken?
Vampire: Because it’s sitting right in front of us and it’s broken!
Green: Suspicious.
Vampire: No, it’s not!
Aeon: If it matters, probably not… the Pink was the last one near it.
Pink: Liar! I wasn’t even needed for influence!
Aeon: Oh really? Then what what were you doing by the eggs?
Pink: I was checking on the egg beside it! Everyone knows that!
Red: All right, let’s not fight. I broke it, let me pay for it, (Scrollname).
(Scrollname): No. Who broke it?
Vampire: Well, the Magi has been awfully quiet…
Magi: Really?!
Vampire: Yeah, really!
 -
(Scrollname): I broke it. It’s lineage was terrible so I punted it. I predict ten minutes from now, they’ll be at each other’s throats with warpaint on their faces and a pig head on a stick.
(Scrollname): Good. It was getting a little chummy around here.

10 hours ago, trystan said:

nice!

i was on the forum for one of the tv shows that aired on SciFi until 1999.... and they dumped it right in the middle of the season.  it never came back after that, and on one of their re-dos of the site, the show was completely gone.

Curious... which show?

Aww, poor dragons, @Rememberdrgns. Will you use that story in their descriptions?

No, it’s just something I suddenly thought of that kinda fits, they’re just random BSA dragons that work around eggs.

Makes sense. Would be a good start for describing, though, methinks.

*sets out coffee and toast*

I'm heading home in a couple of hours, stopping at work to feed my shop animals on the way.

5 hours ago, Lagie said:

Curious... which show?

Forever Knight, actually.  my first vampire show ever, and my first fandom \/--\/

10 minutes ago, trystan said:

Forever Knight, actually.  my first vampire show ever, and my first fandom \/--\/

Ah, never watched that one. Not too big on the vampires (unless they're animated, like Hotel Transylvania 1 & 2, or Count Duckula. XD ).

1 minute ago, Lagie said:
13 minutes ago, trystan said:

Ah, never watched that one. Not too big on the vampires (unless they're animated, like Hotel Transylvania 1 & 2, or Count Duckula. XD ).

it's fine.  i'm a sucker for vampires.  but i didn't really watch Buffy or Angel. (i watched S1 and 2 of Buffy).  But i loved Forever Knight, Moonlight, and Vampire Diaries.  I'd read Vampire Diaries when it came out in the 90s, so i've loved Damon Salvatore for quite a long time. :) 

@lagie: It was. Fortunately I remembered some and I was able to search for others in the "funniest name on your scroll" thread. Tis also why there are some dragons on my scroll that are left unnamed though; I don't feel like naming them something else when I know they had a name before u_u.

ello swift *waves back*

ello MP

Edited by WaterScorpion

Hi there Swift!

I'm just back at work!

I really don't want to be back at work. I want to go back home and snuggle with my dogs.

Hi there WS!

haha, whoops, only just realized I put the wrong name in :'D

hi spirit

I feel the same way. It's only 8:53 pm here though so Monday hasn't hit yet